Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
GundamGuy_UK
post Aug 28 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #8941

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,725

I very nearly bought the L.A. Noire DLC yesterday, and today it's 50% off! So glad I didn't.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Aug 29 2012, 03:25 PM
Post #8942

Here's a challenge for you. Who remembers Wild Metal Country? This was one of my favourite games back in 1998 or so.
It's very slow, very dull, but at a time when all I was used to were Spectrum and Mega Drive games, it was amazing to me. I still love it.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Aug 30 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #8943

My God L.A. Noire took a turn in the second half and became one of the best stories I've ever seen in a video game. It really was like playing a season-long HBO drama series.
The ending was pretty sad, too. I liked Cole a lot

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Aug 30 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #8944

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Aug 30 2012, 09:41 PM) *
My God L.A. Noire took a turn in the second half and became one of the best stories I've ever seen in a video game. It really was like playing a season-long HBO drama series.

Shame you could tell some desks, and therefore story, had been ripped out of the game. I really enjoyed it, it just definitely felt rushed and incomplete in places.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Aug 30 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #8945

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Aug 30 2012, 09:41 PM) *

Couldn't agree more, squire. It has the best storyline I think I've ever encountered on a game (and the facial video capture technique the developers used just enhanced it all the more. It was a costly enterprise though; it's a shame that developers Team Bondi went pear-shaped shortly after its release*).

Actually, I've just remembered I still have a couple more of the DLC cases left to tackle... nice. I think I just might return to L.A. for a few hours tomorrow. happy.gif

* eta: Well, I thought they'd gone pear-shaped. According to their official website page, it would seem they are currently working on something.... based in Shanghai. Assuming it's up-to-date information, that is. Sounds intriguing... smile.gif

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Aug 30 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #8946

My only real complaint about the game is that I didn't like how literally everyone you walked past commented on you being the cop from the papers. Everyone in the entire city. Yet when you actually spoke to someone, nobody mentions it. Constantly hearing people talking about Cole in hushed tones about him being the hero cop from the papers just seemed really weird to me. No wonder they chose to scandalize him as a cover story; he was the most famous man in the city, apparently.

Also, "I say we bust in there and find the evidence!"

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Aug 30 2012, 11:55 PM

+Quote Post
Ade
post Sep 1 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #8947

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...

Been playing Bulletstorm a lot this week, and have gotten rather hooked on the music as much as the game. While conducting a quick googlesearch to see who the soundtrack composer was, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that developer Epic Games have very kindly offered it as a free download -> Click!

There are so many games now featuring some fantastic, immersive and cinematic scores that just add so much to the gameplay... it's a shame that more of them aren't made as readily available, let alone as a freebie. While you can purchase the Uncharted series soundtracks via PSN for a very modest sum, it's such a shame that Rockstar haven't done something similar for the Red Dead Redemption score. I know there are some limited edition copies of the game out there that include the soundtrack (presumably on a separate CD), but I'm damned if I'm forking out a small fortune for the privilege when I've already got the game and now purchased most, if not all, of the DLC. I'd happily pay a mere 4 for a PSN download of the RDR soundtrack* - it'd be even nicer as a freebie too, but still.

Any other game soundtrack afficionados out there?

* eta: okay so, you can download it here for 7.50.

** Ooh, and the L.A. Noire soundtrack for 5.99. And the radio songs too for another 6.50. Nice. That's me twenty quid down already then. wacko.gif

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Aug 31 2012, 12:53 AM) *
My only real complaint about the game is that I didn't like how literally everyone you walked past commented on you being the cop from the papers. Everyone in the entire city. Yet when you actually spoke to someone, nobody mentions it. Constantly hearing people talking about Cole in hushed tones about him being the hero cop from the papers just seemed really weird to me.

That's a fair point actually, I hadn't really given it much thought until now to be honest.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Sep 1 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #8948

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

Playing Mass Effect 3 for the 2nd time but as a renegade.

Jesus.
I though Moridan's death was sad in my paragon play though. On Renegade it is so much worse.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Sep 1 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #8949

Ade Flanders

Red Dead Soundtrack update. One can listen to it all here. Happy now.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Sep 1 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #8950

QUOTE (Ade @ Sep 1 2012, 11:32 AM) *
Any other game soundtrack afficionados out there?

I have about 40GB of music on my iTunes, and I would say about 70% of that are soundtrack albums from games and movies. I've always loved soundtracks.
I think the best soundtracks are ones you can appreciate even if you've not seen the thing they're from.

Speaking of, I think this is one of the best boss themes ever. It's the final boss music from Ace Combat Zero, and it's so bloody good. I love the strange mix of styles (electronic, orchestral, Spanish guitar, and operatic singing) that just work perfectly together.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Sep 1 2012, 06:05 PM

+Quote Post
Ade
post Sep 2 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #8951

Ade Flanders

Going back to L.A. Noire again for just a moment, I've just happened across this little compilation of bloopers and glitches that fans of the game here (and gamers in general) will particularly enjoy.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Sep 1 2012, 07:03 PM) *
I have about 40GB of music on my iTunes, and I would say about 70% of that are soundtrack albums from games and movies. I've always loved soundtracks.
I think the best soundtracks are ones you can appreciate even if you've not seen the thing they're from.

Agreed. Good man.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Sep 1 2012, 07:03 PM) *
Speaking of, I think this is one of the best boss themes ever. It's the final boss music from Ace Combat Zero, and it's so bloody good. I love the strange mix of styles (electronic, orchestral, Spanish guitar, and operatic singing) that just work perfectly together.

I'm likin' that, very eclectic indeed. Nice one.

I heartily encourage anyone else with similar musical inclinations to post links to their favourites too! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Sep 2 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #8952

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

I've been enjoying the music of Skyrim while working from home as it makes it almost impossible to get stressed. Handily they mixed it all together on the soundtrack CDs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1VreyJwMVM

I've got a few of the Halo soundtrack albums as well. Marty O'Donnell is a genius. Just a shame he's not doing the Halo 4 soundtrack.

The Deus Ex soundtrack is definitely a favourite as well, I've got both the original and the rather good remix album by Auteur Theory. Can't find the download link anymore but you can listen to it here.

Super Castlevania and Super Metroid were always my favourite of the 16bit days. The SNES version of Prince of Persia had amazing music as well.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Sep 2 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #8953

QUOTE (Ade @ Sep 2 2012, 01:16 AM) *
Going back to L.A. Noire again for just a moment, I've just happened across this little compilation of bloopers and glitches that fans of the game here (and gamers in general) will particularly enjoy.

My favourite one that I personally encountered was in a little cutscene at the start of one of the cases. Cole and Rusty were walking into the station, and behind them I saw a car wildly spinning through the air knocking down lamp posts and flinging people into the sky.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Sep 2 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #8954

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

Finally tried From Dust after picking it up dirt cheap (bad um tish) on Steam a while ago.
I really enjoyed the few levels I played. It's deceptively tricky at times.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 3 2012, 11:57 AM
Post #8955

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

I wrote a long post about games I've been playing but the forum timed out and lost it-, -

Sleeping Dogs - Excellent, with a few flaws.
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Also excellent, though maybe a bit short.
Highly recommend them both.

Think I'll go back to Dead Island now (its alright) and then finish Bayonetta (its very good).

Has anyone played Darksiders 2?

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 595 596 597 598 599 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:18 PM