> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
fatseff1234
post Jul 4 2008, 03:27 PM
Post #91

Life's a grave, dig it.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jul 2 2008, 10:07 PM)
Call of Duty 4 is still the best game on Xbox 360. The online multiplayer is worth the money alone.

I would actually say that The Darkness is better. But then I like the gothic types with massive...tentacles tongue.gif. Cod4 also seems to work better with the PS3 pad, just an observation.

I feel compelled to tell people about DarkSector. Don't write this off as a clone of Resi 4 and Gears Of War, rather embrace it as a clone of Resi 4 and Gears Of War. Look past the dodgy Black Market/Merchant rip off. Look past the appaulingly vague story line. Look past the fact that you're called Hayden or Gayden or some other such shitty name. And look towards the Glaive.

What at first seems like gimickery of the highest order soon becomes a whizzing blur of death-bringing fun. Severing limbs with the active-reload style Quad Damage Boost is so much fun, especiaslly when you use "After Touch". Essentially after you've released your glaive, and if you're quick enough, you can then press and hold the RB for a second time and the glaive gets all slow-mo. Allowing you to slice and dice with amazing precision, acuracy and even physics.

All in all a decent, if somewhat short, third person shooter all for 25 if you have a Tesco's nearby. Sowted!

This post has been edited by fatseff1234: Jul 4 2008, 03:29 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jul 4 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #92

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

I was very uninspired by the demo, may have to give it another look.

I got God of War and Echochrome for my PSP today. They are both fantastic fantastic games.

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Jul 4 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #93

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

The Darkness was just horrible, especially coming from the developers of Chronicles of Riddick. The online was complete garbage - that may have been patched since

The Dark Sector demo was cool, and it recently went on sale online for ~$20USD, so I may get it for a playthrough, and get all the single player achievements. Online buzz says the multiplayer is garbage, and the achievements take too much grinding work.

This post has been edited by frostitute: Jul 4 2008, 10:39 PM

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Jul 5 2008, 11:47 AM
Post #94

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (frostitute @ Jul 4 2008, 10:38 PM)
The Darkness was just horrible, especially coming from the developers of Chronicles of Riddick. The online was complete garbage - that may have been patched since

The Dark Sector demo was cool, and it recently went on sale online for ~$20USD, so I may get it for a playthrough, and get all the single player achievements. Online buzz says the multiplayer is garbage, and the achievements take too much grinding work.

The Darkness is that little bit special to me because it was the first game I played on a HDTV, well, from start to finish. Still, it seeped atmosphere from every nook and cranny possible. And it looked so purty. plus Tentacles that eat people. The characterisation of The Darkness itself was well handled too.

Not tried multiplayer on both accounts, but Dark Sector has tons of easy achievements. I unlocked most of them by just playing the game, no effort at all.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 4 2008, 05:15 PM)
I was very uninspired by the demo, may have to give it another look.

At first there is tons of "Meh" but after about 45 minutes I was away. Plus the picking up guns system is a tad finicky at first. Until you realise you have to buy your own guns if you want to keep them. Although I played through with just the standard pistol. More challenge = more fun biggrin.gif.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Jul 5 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #95

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

I thought The Darkness was all right, but nothing special, which was disappointing because it seemed to have the potential to be very good. The controls were a bit nasty with it being overly reliant on animations, the weird darkness realm levels were utterly terrible, and it just generally didn't feel well balanced.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Jul 6 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #96

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

I now own Rock Band and its a hell of a lot of fun. I can't stop smiling while playing the drums and when you get a few people playing it all at the same time it's great fun.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jul 6 2008, 02:08 PM
Post #97

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

I'm finally getting a PSP next payday Either;

A FF7 crisis core edition, or..

A pre-owned black slim and lite. with whatever good cheap game is available.

I'm currently playing my 360 lots though. Doing GRID, anf Orange box. Also playing a lot of Gears of War online, i love that game.

This post has been edited by Everlong: Jul 6 2008, 02:37 PM

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Jul 6 2008, 02:31 PM
Post #98

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jul 6 2008, 08:18 AM)
I now own Rock Band and its a hell of a lot of fun.  I can't stop smiling while playing the drums and when you get a few people playing it all at the same time it's great fun.

Rock Band 2 is coming already, lol - dunno how long the wait will be for Europe though

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jul 6 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #99

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

It's being announced at E3 isn't it? So it'll still be a fair while before it comes out, probably.

I could be wrong though, I'm one of the (seemingly very few) people who don't give a flying fuck about Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Jul 6 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #100

It comes out in America in September, so it's not that long of a wait

But thanks to the European Rock Band, I got to buy Hysteria from the Marketplace wub.gif

This post has been edited by frostitute: Jul 6 2008, 02:56 PM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jul 6 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #101

Serenity.

Took some shots of my favourite area in MGS4. The best cold wether effect I've seen in a game. Some of you might recognise the area wink.gif (or read the file names).

Probably not that interesting to most, but I got a kick out of revisiting Shadow Moses in all it's Hi Def glory. theres also an awesome bit before the Chapter starts where Snake is daydreaming and you get to play MGS1 for a minute or 2, the bit at the Helipad, with the searchlights where you first infiltrate the building, I am so ready to see MGS1 on my PSP.

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Jul 6 2008, 04:31 PM

+Quote Post
weputthemdown583
post Jul 6 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #102

Well, I like them. I think they're good.

Member No.: 6,557

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 6 2008, 05:29 PM)
Took some shots of my favourite area in MGS4.

I got goosebumps when that song kicked in, it brought back so many memories smile.gif

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jul 6 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #103

Serenity.

Definetely, it was such a perfectly constructed moment.

The songs that kick in with each change in the fight with Liquid were brilliant as well

+Quote Post
logger
post Jul 6 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #104

Guests

I hate all PS3 owners.
tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Bloomeeney
post Jul 7 2008, 10:45 AM
Post #105

I'm an evil werewolf!

Member No.: 2,245

Got me Guitar Hero 3 at the weekend. Tesco had it in brand new for 44 squid!!!!!!!

Only on easy level at the moment - tried it on medium but with my stupid fingers got nowhere (fat handed twat!!!!).

Even wifey loves it and she usually hates all things video game!

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:12 PM