IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Are you new?

Please feel free to say hello here in the New Members thread.

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SPACED: INVASION USA - July 18th - 27th, Full tour details!
shaka37
post Jul 3 2008, 07:08 PM
Post #16

Champion of a dying industry

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,345

QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 3 2008, 10:54 AM)
Awww, shaka! Just ask them for a piccie and someone else is always happy to take it for you. They are the nicest people you will ever meet (I haven't met Jess but I bet she's a star) and always take time for fans, especially people on the SO, Peggster and EW boards. So be brave. They will reward you for it. smile.gif

I really want to go to the signing but I work miles from Union Square and it's in the middle of the day. Gah. I'll just have to take my stuff to the screening and hope I can grab Jess quickly to sign my boxset, it already has Edgar's and Simon's signatures. Fingers crossed I spot them in the lobby like I did with Edgar last year! smile.gif

Thanks widowspider for the pep talk. You know, part of me is *very* LA ... I don't bother the celebs and that instinct kicks in even at these kinds of events. And then the other part of me is star struck by these people in particular because I have wanted to meet them for SO long and never thought I would. But then, that's what they're going to BE there for right? the adulation? laugh.gif I also tend to get tweaked about the people behind me in line who want my ass to MOVE IT ALONG! LOL!

I'm still wondering if I'm going to get my box set in time for the signing. I have pre-ordered it and it's slated to arrive on the 23rd, but I will probably already be out the door before it's delivered. Best I may hope to bring for signage is my Shaun of the dead DVD ... which will make me look like an even bigger jerk.

Oh, and PLAY HOOKIE. I completely encourage it. GO! Who know when this will come around again. That's my rationale.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jul 3 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #17

Toasty

Member No.: 2,939

QUOTE (shaka37 @ Jul 3 2008, 11:08 AM)
Who know when this will come around again. That's my rationale.

Point taken. Part of the reason why it looks like Robb and I are going to blow off preview night of CC and go to the LA one, as well. (Well, that and and he really really really wants Kevin Smith to sign his DVD. tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jul 3 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #18

OMNOMNOM

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 3,076

QUOTE (shaka37 @ Jul 3 2008, 07:08 PM)
Thanks widowspider for the pep talk. You know, part of me is *very* LA ... I don't bother the celebs and that instinct kicks in even at these kinds of events. And then the other part of me is star struck by these people in particular because I have wanted to meet them for SO long and never thought I would. But then, that's what they're going to BE there for right? the adulation? laugh.gif I also tend to get tweaked about the people behind me in line who want my ass to MOVE IT ALONG! LOL!

I'm still wondering if I'm going to get my box set in time for the signing. I have pre-ordered it and it's slated to arrive on the 23rd, but I will probably already be out the door before it's delivered. Best I may hope to bring for signage is my Shaun of the dead DVD ... which will make me look like an even bigger jerk.

Oh, and PLAY HOOKIE. I completely encourage it. GO! Who know when this will come around again. That's my rationale.

That's a pretty New York trait as well - there are very few people that I would walk up to on the street if I saw them and ask for a photo. But at these events, there's nothing wrong with asking for just a second of someone's time to get a photo, and especially with the guys they are more than happy to give that to you. And everyone should have their chance, so ignore the people behind you. biggrin.gif

I'll have to leave work uber-early to get to the screening already, and I just don't have enough days of vacation to take one for the following day. We shall see. My boss is a big nerd, so he might be cool with me running off in the middle of the day to go to the signing.

+Quote Post
shaka37
post Jul 3 2008, 07:34 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jul 3 2008, 12:23 PM)
Point taken. Part of the reason why it looks like Robb and I are going to blow off preview night of CC and go to the LA one, as well. (Well, that and and he really really really wants Kevin Smith to sign his DVD. tongue.gif)

It really is an embarrassment of riches, this signing. I dig Kevin Smith, too. It's worth considering ... what would you be missing on preview night? I've never been to a comi-con, so I don't even know what preview night is.

Are you going the whole four days? I've been itching to go for years now, but have never been. I know it's too late to get four-day passes and I can't go anyway ... but I'm wondering if I can get a one day membership?

This post has been edited by shaka37: Jul 3 2008, 07:36 PM

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Jul 4 2008, 07:08 PM
Post #20

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

There's a new video on the site, if you haven't seen it already

+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jul 5 2008, 11:46 AM
Post #21

No Pinter

Group: Junior Members
Member No.: 6,630

You lucky people!

Oi oi!

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jul 5 2008, 06:58 PM
Post #22

Toasty

Member No.: 2,939

QUOTE (shaka37 @ Jul 3 2008, 11:34 AM)
It's worth considering ... what would you be missing on preview night? I've never been to a comi-con, so I don't even know what preview night is.

Preview night is basically just an extra evening where you can stroll the convention floor, do some shopping, see where everything's located, etc. It's nice, but not a total bummer if you miss it. wink.gif And I'll have plenty of time to get my work done. To wit...

Are you going the whole four days?

Yup.

I know it's too late to get four-day passes and I can't go anyway ... but I'm wondering if I can get a one day membership?

Not for Saturday, that's sold out too. Friday is 89% sold out, so if you want to go for the Spaced stuff get on that sucker now. Plenty of Thursday and Sunday tickets left.

http://www.comic-con.org/

+Quote Post
shaka37
post Jul 5 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #23

I know I won't be able to go for spaced stuff, which is why I'm going to the Wednesday stuff ... But I've always wanted to get the comicon experience.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jul 7 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #24

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

Article on Sci-Fi.com.

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jul 8 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #25

OMNOMNOM

ATTENTION NYC SPACED OUTERS!

If you are planning to attend the Monday night screening, please send me a PM so I can get a list of names for attendance.

That is all. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Jul 9 2008, 09:58 AM
Post #26

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 8 2008, 06:01 PM)
ATTENTION NYC SPACED OUTERS!

If you are planning to attend the Monday night screening, please send me a PM so I can get a list of names for attendance.

That is all. smile.gif

Wish I could raise the money to get to this.

Rachel, do think you could keep them occupied until SONY III ?

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jul 9 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #27

OMNOMNOM

QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 9 2008, 09:58 AM)
Wish I could raise the money to get to this.

Rachel, do think you could keep them occupied until SONY III ?

I'll slip something in their drinks and then force them to see every show I am doing for the next four months. That should do it.

+Quote Post
Jon 79
post Jul 12 2008, 12:07 PM
Post #28

Dreaming my life...

Member No.: 2,336

Simon, Jess & Edgar introduce the 6 episode they picked to be aired on BBC America next Sunday.

...I particularly like Jess' description of episode 1. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Jon 79: Jul 12 2008, 12:08 PM

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jul 12 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #29

OMNOMNOM

QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jul 12 2008, 12:07 PM)

Very cool!