IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Are you new?

Please feel free to say hello here in the New Members thread.

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SPACED: INVASION USA - July 18th - 27th, Full tour details!
Kimmerv2
post Jul 24 2008, 07:49 PM
Post #91

One Pinter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,491

QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 23 2008, 02:27 PM)
Yeah! I have Simon actually introducing me to Jess on camera.

This is a special day. happy.gif

You're now immortalized on video as one of "His Peeps" . . that is kewl!

Was so great seeing you again Rachel . . and meeting you as well, Pete!

Sorry I haven't been on SO as much as I'd like, duties on Peggster keep me swamped.

But Here are some of my pics from the NYC event:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kimmerv2
post Jul 24 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #92

One Pinter

OK here are some from the DVD signing:

Spaced was playing on the monitors through out the store:)

So here is where Harmony, Lori, Pete, Harmony's friend Ffolkes and I were hanging out.

See how far away! We were kind of lucky Simon was able to spot us.

It was crowded!

As mentioned, after a bit, Simon got someone to bring us over to his side of the stage where we could hang out and wait. That's where Nira was sitting for a bit.

Here are pics from after we got close to Simon. I apologize. It does get redundant:)

The infamous signing of the breast. I believe the girl's boyfriend/male friend was taking a pic of it as it happened. Simon was laughing about it . . but was blushing a bit after that!

Course Jess got her due and was happy to sign this fellow's chest. She did so with vigor and quite a flourish. I wish I had taken a pic of what she drew there - LOL!

Ahh the fellow in the striped white shirt and yellow belt (next to the woman in the blue tshirt taking a pic) was Marvin, who was running the event for Virgin. He was the very nice gentleman who brought us over to Simon's side of the stage!

+Quote Post
Kimmerv2
post Jul 24 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #93

One Pinter

More random pics:

It's the Peggster.net photographers!!!

Imaginary gun fight!

Jess and Edgar signing the poster

Simon and Jess being interviewed by NBC. NBC had interviewed Edgar while they had stepped away for a break in the middle of the signing.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Jul 24 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #94

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

I know we had our "little" screening last year, but I'm still totally jealous.

I am now regretting not flying over to NY just for the day. Wish my head would sometimes listen to my heart.

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jul 24 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #95

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

Yeah! Thanks for posting up the piccies Kim! It was great to see you again too. Make sure you come and hang out during SONY!

QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 24 2008, 08:08 PM)
I know we had our "little" screening last year, but I'm still totally jealous.

I am now regretting not flying over to NY just for the day.  Wish my head would sometimes listen to my heart.

Now THAT would have been awesome.

+Quote Post
shaka37
post Jul 24 2008, 08:34 PM
Post #96

Champion of a dying industry

Member No.: 6,345

QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 24 2008, 01:14 PM)
Yeah! Thanks for posting up the piccies Kim! It was great to see you again too. Make sure you come and hang out during SONY!
Now THAT would have been awesome.

There's a guy with a movie camera in on of hte pix, standing alone. He was at our thing, too. So was another dude, who I also saw at the LAFF screening. I can barely see him in those photos. And then there was the guy who introduced them during the screening. Are those BBC people? I don't know who they are, but I have now seen them more than once.

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jul 24 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #97

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

QUOTE (shaka37 @ Jul 24 2008, 04:30 PM)
Rachel. I am SO jealous. I chickened out. I took a picture of him, but the line was so tight and the organizers so ... organized ... that we were told NO PICTURES with them, only OF them.

Still I had a RAD time. The screening was awesome. I did make it to both. The crowd of people there were truly simpatico. And I thought that was VERY cool. I met some really nice people.

Awww! never mind, at least you got piccies of them. Did you get something signed, at least?

+Quote Post
shaka37
post Jul 24 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #98

QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 24 2008, 02:44 PM)
Awww! never mind, at least you got piccies of them. Did you get something signed, at least?

I got everything signed. Including a Shaun DVD for my niece. Though, when I looked in my bag ... someone had handed me an extra DVD. It was CHAOS, and I knew who it belonged to but I was already out the door when I discovered and they rightful owners were gone. So, I went back, they let me in and I gave it so someone and said, "Uh, this isn't mine."

I'll post my pix tonight when I get home.

This post has been edited by shaka37: Jul 24 2008, 09:52 PM

+Quote Post
bump909
post Jul 24 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #99

One Pinter

Member No.: 6,665

nice pics!!! i missed the imaginary gun fight!!!! gah!

by the way, that shirt just got real pic is hilarious!

+Quote Post
shaka37
post Jul 25 2008, 06:50 AM
Post #100

OK ... these are awful pictures, and I apologize. I have a shitty camera. I was alone, and I am really shy ... so ... I got one pic of myself that a kind stranger offered to take. I look like a deer in the headlights, but I'm really thinking, "Please hurry before someone shoots a bullet thru my forehead if I stand there another second."

1. The line ... we're about 10 feet away from S, J and E.

2. I managed to squeak out ... "Can I take a picture of you?" after totally freaking out in front of Jess and Edgar and not getting any pictures of them at all . "Yes, of course you can." What a gracious guy. And not a half bad picture.

3. Me ... *sigh*

4. Kevin Smith, greeting the galloping hordes. He was SUCH an amazing host. He talked to EVERYONE. The gal in the left of this photo is the lovely person who took the pic of me. She wasn't shy at all.

5. Jonah Hill poses with fans as he was just strolling by at the Arclight. I don't think he was there for Spaced, but I could totally be wrong.

6. Here they come (shaking hands and high-fiving). Would Branjelina do this for fans?

7. And there they go ... (doing the same thing all the way to the entrance, and then stopping to talk to someone who I think was Nic. Nic was that YOU?)

My ticket. I was not in row z ... it was general seating. I got a good seat, but my camera is so shitty that I didn't get any pix of the Q&A.

+Quote Post
melzilla
post Jul 25 2008, 06:29 PM
Post #101

I got feet but I'm not a foetus.

Member No.: 6,052

Aww. I should really stop looking in this thread!
Glad to see everyone had a great time though. Great pics, folks, keep 'em coming!

+Quote Post
psychic_house_hu...
post Jul 26 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #102

No Pinter

Group: Junior Members
Member No.: 6,117

I have just posted this on the Jess site and Peggster forum and I wanted to post it here as well. I am so sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just got this message from Jessica and she has asked me to post this up.

SORRY AUSTIN!

I'm going to have to miss the Austin spaced-a-thon. It would seem that I am jinxed - I couldn't attend the one in London because of work and commitments in London again prevent me from attending the one in Austin. I am however almost certain that I will come for the butt-numb-a-thon in december, as I am told that Austin is the best city in the WORLD. The tour has been amazing, I have felt the love in a profound way and have finally resolved to give up all forms of self -harm because of it - thank you America!!

XXXX STAY SPACED!!

fm Lou

+Quote Post
grumpygit
post Jul 27 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #103

Fur Pinter

Member No.: 6,661

Entertainment Weekly

Video Interview with Simon, Edgar and Jessica

This post has been edited by grumpygit: Jul 27 2008, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post
Kimmerv2
post Jul 27 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #104

One Pinter

QUOTE (shaka37 @ Jul 24 2008, 04:34 PM)
There's a guy with a movie camera in on of hte pix, standing alone. He was at our thing, too. So was another dude, who I also saw at the LAFF screening. I can barely see him in those photos. And then there was the guy who introduced them during the screening. Are those BBC people? I don't know who they are, but I have now seen them more than once.

Aww the guy in the yellow shirt? That's Lee . . he was documenting everything for spacedinavasion.com, I believe.

He's been at every event . . that and the photographer, whose name I don't know. I think they might work for Big Talk.

Oh I hope I can meet up with you Rachel @ SONY . . provided I'm physically able to:)

This post has been edited by Kimmerv2: Jul 27 2008, 11:49 PM

+Quote Post
shaka37
post Jul 28 2008, 02:19 AM
Post #105

QUOTE (Kimmerv2 @ Jul 27 2008, 04:09 PM)
Aww the guy in the yellow shirt?  That's Lee  . . he was documenting everything for spacedinavasion.com, I believe.

He's been at every event . .  that and the photographer, whose name I don't know.  I think they might work for Big Talk. 

Oh I hope I can meet up with you Rachel @ SONY . . provided I'm physically able to:)

Ooooh! Thanks.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:03 PM