IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

529 Pages V  « < 173 174 175 176 177 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cinemexperience: part deux., Some more filums you saw.
Starscream`s Gho...
post Aug 9 2009, 01:03 AM
Post #2611

Alley Viper

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,024

Never seen it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
logger
post Aug 9 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #2612

Guests

QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 9 2009, 01:59 AM) *
I completely agree, love the film, hate the other people that do.

Let's reclaim it from the cunts!

It's the first time I've seen it in something like 20 years but I switched channels to see it coming on and reluctantly started to watch. And I absolutely loved it. However, there is no way I could watch it at a cinema, maybe if the fans were banned.

I now want Magenta as my maid. I also want Rocky's body.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Aug 9 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #2613

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,309

It's good, honest.

I loved it the first time I saw it, at about 8 or 9, and soon after performed 'Science Fiction/Double Feature' at my Brownie talent show wearing an oversized, sparkly, halterneck evening gown that my Mum had bought in a charity shop and put in the fancy dress box.

I haven't seen it for a few years, but it's very funny film, with great songs performed by a fantastic cast.

And I don't even like musicals.

EDIT: I'd like to be Columbia, obviously

+Quote Post
logger
post Aug 9 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #2614

Guests

QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 9 2009, 02:10 AM) *

You get a real sense of why the original musical became a hit from the film, I wouldn't mind seeing that, again without the fans.

I'd like to be Columbia, obviously

Figures smile.gif

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Aug 9 2009, 01:20 AM
Post #2615

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

I generally only like musicals with Nazis in; Cabaret, The Sound of Music, Springtime for Hitler.

+Quote Post
Starscream`s Gho...
post Aug 9 2009, 01:21 AM
Post #2616

Alley Viper

Member No.: 3,024

I think it's the 'fans' that put me off. The hardcore ones do seem to be quite horrible to newbies.

+Quote Post
mousespider
post Aug 9 2009, 03:46 AM
Post #2617

Dr. Mrs. Claus

Member No.: 5,408

Some Kind of Wonderful

With all the John Hughes tributes I realized that this was one of the few Hughes films I'd never seen, so decided to remedy that.

And to no surprise, it was as wonderful, entertaining, and real as any of his other films.

And what makes it even better is the reason behind the movie. The fact that Hughes wrote it as a gender-switched version of Pretty in Pink so he could do the ending over again, fixing the mistake the studio forced him to make.

+Quote Post
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Aug 9 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #2618

We gotta make the planet safe for the kiddies

Member No.: 2,367

QUOTE (mousespider @ Aug 9 2009, 04:46 AM) *
Some Kind of Wonderful

With all the John Hughes tributes I realized that this was one of the few Hughes films I'd never seen, so decided to remedy that.

And to no surprise, it was as wonderful, entertaining, and real as any of his other films.

And what makes it even better is the reason behind the movie. The fact that Hughes wrote it as a gender-switched version of Pretty in Pink so he could do the ending over again, fixing the mistake the studio forced him to make.

You've got to love 'Dunc the punk'. The scene where he tells the bad guy that he's going to kick his arse is smashing.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Aug 9 2009, 10:25 AM
Post #2619

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

It's good, honest.

I loved it the first time I saw it, at about 8 or 9, and soon after performed 'Science Fiction/Double Feature' at my Brownie talent show wearing an oversized, sparkly, halterneck evening gown that my Mum had bought in a charity shop and put in the fancy dress box.

I haven't seen it for a few years, but it's very funny film, with great songs performed by a fantastic cast.

EDIT: I'd like to be Columbia, obviously

I would have been about six years old when I first saw it - watching it off a video my parents had recorded off late night channel 4 (the advert breaks had the Creature Comforts Heat Electric ads and a TV spot for Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare).

I must have been 8 or 9 when my parents got us front row seats to see it on stage (with Jonathon Morris as Frank N Furter) as part of its 21st anniversary tour. We also went to see Little Shop of Horrors featuring Su Pollard around that time too.

What a childhood.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Aug 9 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #2620

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Aug 9 2009, 02:21 AM) *
I think it's the 'fans' that put me off. The hardcore ones do seem to be quite horrible to newbies.

It's like The Crow, Except less fans to irritate you. And the songs are better.

Rocky Horror is a classic. With each viewing you discover how great the songs are. Meat Lof has never been, or sounded better, Susan Sarandon & Little Nell never been hotter, and I guess neither has Tim Curry.

The sequel, on the other hand, is an acquired taste.

QUOTE (mousespider @ Aug 9 2009, 04:46 AM) *
Some Kind of Wonderful

I'm listening to the soundtrack as I type. It sadly doesn't have Propaganda on it which gives the film one of my fave credit sequences ever.

+Quote Post
logger
post Aug 9 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #2621

Guests

QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 9 2009, 01:32 PM) *
and I guess neither has Tim Curry.

QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 9 2009, 01:32 PM) *
The sequel, on the other hand, is an acquired taste.

I didn't even know there was a sequel.

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Aug 9 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #2622

Money ...

Member No.: 2,511

Rocky Horror is brilliant. I also want to claim it back from the drama students etc - hence the bit in Fame - The Movie when they see it is off-putting beyoond belief. It was Fame, right?.

My tale is thus - I had the soundtrack on tape and listened to it till it went squitty and broke. Except it didn't have 'Sword of Damocles' which was a good song from the film. So I learned all the words and that. No sparkly dress at Brownies. That beats me and everyone else hands down. I also liked being Columbia because she could tap dance and so can I. And wore pyjamas with Mickey Mouse ears.

I was introduced when my sister was about 14 and I was about 9 and she taped it off Channel 4. And I watched it over and over esp. the Timewarp/Sweet Transvestite bit. Oh look - it's Biggins, etc etc. And the end songs - which is still incredibly sad as a sequence. Tim Curry has an astounding singing voice - I wish he did more musicals. And whenever someone says the word 'Transylvania' - I automatically follow with the 'huh-huh'.

Apparently Tony Head makes a great Frank - but seeing Andrew Marr on Comic Relief make me shiver with .................. complete repulsion and cringing.

Shock Treatment - on the other hand - is just shit.

This post has been edited by Serafina_Pekkala: Aug 9 2009, 02:40 PM

+Quote Post
Shack
post Aug 9 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #2623

Live And Let Pie

Member No.: 3,441

I have no real feelings on the Rocky Horror Picture Show, but I did once watch it all the way through twice at someone's house. It was about 6-7 years ago, and being single at the time, offered the friend of a friend a once in a lifetime offer as she drove my drunken self home.

I then did something which I'd never done before or done since. I offered her "cheap, loose sex". This, amazingly worked, but as I was staying at my parents and she lived with hers, I had to settle with being wanked off in a countryside layby.

I have not watched the film since.

This post has been edited by Shack: Aug 9 2009, 05:18 PM

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Aug 9 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #2624

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (Shack @ Aug 9 2009, 06:16 PM) *
I have no real feelings on the Rocky Horror Picture Show, but I did once watch it all the way through twice at someone's house. It was about 6-7 years ago, and being single at the time, offered the friend of a friend a once in a lifetime offer as she drove my drunken self home.

I then did something which I'd never done before or done since. I offered her "cheap, loose sex". This, amazingly worked, but as I was staying at my parents and she lived with hers, I had to settle with being wanked off in a countryside layby.

I have not watched the film since.

Great. Now everytime I hear a Rocky Horror track I'll be thinking of Shack's drunk cock.

+Quote Post
Shack
post Aug 9 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #2625

Live And Let Pie

Member No.: 3,441

QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 9 2009, 06:19 PM) *
Great. Now everytime I hear a Rocky Horror track I'll be thinking of Shack's drunk cock.

No problemo.

+Quote Post

529 Pages V  « < 173 174 175 176 177 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:11 AM