IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

529 Pages V  « < 508 509 510 511 512 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cinemexperience: part deux., Some more filums you saw.
Rebus
post May 8 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #7636

ЯR

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,395

QUOTE (Bloomeeney @ May 8 2012, 10:25 PM) *
Edit: Stay for the end credits!!!!!!

Because it came out here before the US, we only got the mid-credits scene, not the end credits scene as well, which was a shame.

My favourite moment was still that guy on the helicarrier who snuck in some Galaga. Going to see it again this Friday, woot! Maybe the end credits sequence will be in there this time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post May 8 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #7637

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

There are two post-credit scenes? The only one I saw was some red guy talking about humans not being weak, and he's going to do nasty things. What's the other one?

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post May 8 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #7638

dim view of human nature

Member No.: 3,798

QUOTE (Rebus @ May 8 2012, 10:08 PM) *
My favourite moment was still that guy on the helicarrier who snuck in some Galaga.

Mine too. Absolutely amazing gag. Lets your mind wander about how people procrastinate working for S.H.I.E.L.D.

I went to see this again yesterday and it was just as good the 2nd time round. The action stuff really is top notch as well as all the typical Whedon character interplay and wit. I got highly nerdy goosebumps watching Iron Man shoot repulsor rays off of Captain America's shield to fry stuff. Was cool.

And this speaking as someone who, despite reading comics growing up, was always way more into X-Men, X-Factor etc than the Avengers.

+Quote Post
ella
post May 9 2012, 08:23 AM
Post #7639

Mrs P

Member No.: 2,360

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ May 8 2012, 10:14 PM) *
There are two post-credit scenes? The only one I saw was some red guy talking about humans not being weak, and he's going to do nasty things. What's the other one?

It wasn't there when I saw it. I think it was only on the US release.

It is them sitting around eating schwarm. You can find it on YouTube.

+Quote Post
Raven
post May 9 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #7640

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

The X-Files: Fight the Future

It has been ages since I last saw any X-Files and I really enjoyed watching this again, despite the daft ending.

+Quote Post
Outatime
post May 10 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #7641

Addict

Member No.: 3,386

I went to see The Avengers last night. I too was shocked at the quim quip, even in a cinema in Cambridge there didn't seem to be any reaction. I didn't know Wheadon had a hand in it but when I found out it was obvious as a lot of it seemed to be in the same vein as Firefly. I loved first the exchange with all the Avengers when Thor made the comment about Loki being his brother then on being told he'd killed 80 people said "He's adopted".. I love RDJ as Ironman, I thought he really shone in this whereas I was underwhelmed with Ironman 2.

This post has been edited by Outatime: May 10 2012, 10:04 AM

+Quote Post
Rebus
post May 10 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #7642

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

Drive

Utterly loved it, though those I was watching it with thought it was 'a bit weird'. Very sexy in style, really loved the soundtrack and the lighting. I've always been a big fan of 'driving through a city at night' movies and this pushed all my buttons. The running time certainly reflected the fact that driver doesn't mess about. Also as everyone probably said when it was first released, Albert Brooks was amazing.

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post May 12 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #7643

Money ...

Member No.: 2,511

Captain America

Fun, silly, stylish and with great performances. I haven't seen a good Nazi supernatural occult movie in a while so this filled that space. It was not obnoxious or jingoistic either. I like that the Marvel universe has also desegregated troops, ladies with machine guns and a crazy French man who plants bombs. Hugo Weaving makes a great villain and so does Toby Jones. Good to see Tommy Lee Jones back on screen too.

And tish and fipsy to male body issues - Hayley Atwell in her red dress provokes the same reaction in womenfolk.

+Quote Post
logger
post May 12 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #7644

Guests

Coriolanus

I didn't know anything about the play before I saw this film, but it is obvious in these times of militarism, "austerity" and technology making puppetry of the masses so important why this was adapted now.

But then we get to the but and it's the obvious one of adapting Shakespeare, something written for a different medium in an almost archaic language. It's always going to alienate a mainstream audience and if you try to update it it would be a ballsy move to rewrite Shakespeare, if you do you better be good. This film takes the sensible decision to keep the original dialogue, and manage to adapt it well. And whilst Fiennes is by no means out of his depth you get the feeling that with a truly master film-maker at the top of their game in charge then this could have been an all time great film, whereas this is a film made by a first time director.

But these are all minor quibbles. It's very good, Fiennes is more than just a competent director, he shows skill and clearly has a knowledge of the subject matter, and a fine cast gets to do what actors love best, Shakespeare!

And finally, Jessica Chastain is so beautiful, she can monster my nothings and bestride my threshold any time. Do you think she'd go out with me?

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post May 12 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #7645

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ May 12 2012, 01:34 PM) *
Captain America

Fun, silly, stylish and with great performances. I haven't seen a good Nazi supernatural occult movie in a while so this filled that space. It was not obnoxious or jingoistic either. I like that the Marvel universe has also desegregated troops, ladies with machine guns and a crazy French man who plants bombs. Hugo Weaving makes a great villain and so does Toby Jones. Good to see Tommy Lee Jones back on screen too.

This is what I was most afraid was going to happen. It could have been so easy for it to become a non-ironic live-action WWII Team america, and I am so glad that didn't happen.

+Quote Post
maian
post May 12 2012, 04:48 PM
Post #7646

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

Besides, we already have GI Joe: Rise of Cobra for that. (Not set in WWII, obviously, but close enough.)

This post has been edited by maian: May 12 2012, 04:54 PM

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post May 12 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #7647

dim view of human nature

Member No.: 3,798

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ May 12 2012, 01:34 PM) *
I haven't seen a good Nazi supernatural occult movie in a while

Not since Raiders of the Lost Ark, surely? Unless you count Inglorious Bastards as 'occult' rather than just 'mad'.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post May 12 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #7648

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

What about Hellboy? Surely that counts?

+Quote Post
Silky
post May 12 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #7649

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

QUOTE (NiteFall @ May 12 2012, 07:23 PM) *
What about Hellboy? Surely that counts?

I was just going to say that.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post May 12 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #7650

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

I was going to say Captain America, then I looked up at the quoted post and realised it was from a review of it.

I need more sleep.

EDIT: Oh, and also realised I saw Avengers nearly a fortnight ago, and didn't post about it here. Echo all the comments, Quim line and all. Brilliant comic touches like "He's adopted!", Hulk swinging Loki around and punching Thor.

Oh, and did anyone notice Stark's impotence joke? Haha.

This post has been edited by Everlong: May 12 2012, 08:48 PM

+Quote Post

529 Pages V  « < 508 509 510 511 512 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:21 AM