IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

529 Pages V  « < 520 521 522 523 524 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cinemexperience: part deux., Some more filums you saw.
logger
post Jun 28 2012, 01:30 PM
Post #7816

Guests

Eat The Rich

Deliberately crass comedy that's about as British as shouting "Oi, cunt!", and might as well have been called Carry On The Revolution. It's a mess and should have been better but a lot of the crappiness adds to the over all charm of it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jul 4 2012, 06:10 PM
Post #7817

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,725

The Amazing Spider-Man - I enjoyed it a lot. I felt that Peter Parker was a lot more likable and resembled his comic counterpart better. It had some really cheesy moments in it, but overall a good movie. I didn't feel that it being a reboot so soon after the previous one hurt the experience at all, it was a different enough film that I can live with both.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Jul 4 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #7818

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

Such a pity it was only made to stop Marvel using Spidey in any Avengers films. wink.gif

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jul 4 2012, 06:27 PM
Post #7819

It was a good film. One of the two silly bits was a typical Hollywood thing where they'll mention some invention completely off-hand and then make you think "Hmmm, I wonder if that'll make an appearance at the climax?"

The other one was one of those cringe-worthy "Let's all band together, for FREEDOM!" moments.

+Quote Post
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Jul 4 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #7820

We gotta make the planet safe for the kiddies

Member No.: 2,367

QUOTE (Silky @ Jul 4 2012, 07:18 PM) *
Such a pity it was only made to stop Marvel using Spidey in any Avengers films. wink.gif

I don't mind that. Unless they've changed it in the last ten years or so, Spidey and the Avengers never mixed.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jul 19 2012, 09:44 AM
Post #7821

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

Cowboys and Aliens

Not bad, but not brilliant either. Would have been better if the story was stronger.

+Quote Post
logger
post Jul 21 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #7822

Guests

[Rec]3

Some people might not be happy about the silly turn this film takes or that it has very little to do with the previous films but for a second sequel in a low budget horror series it is still an enjoyable enough zombie film.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jul 21 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #7823

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

SNIP... Moving this to the Dark Night Rises thread.

This post has been edited by Everlong: Jul 21 2012, 07:37 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jul 21 2012, 07:35 PM
Post #7824

I think that the Dark Knight Rises thread we have already should be used for discussion about the film.

By all means post here what you did saying you enjoyed it etc, but in its own dedicated thread you can all have discussions about it without worrying about spoiling it for those who haven't seen it. Otherwise the next week or so this thread will just turn into a sea of blacked-out spoiler tags.

I say, avoid that thread like the plague if you've not seen the film yet (I have to wait TEN MORE DAYS), but if you have seen it then hang out there and talk about it without fear of ruining it for others.

I'm glad you're all liking it. My opinion might change when I do see it, but I still wish they'd gone with The Riddler as the villain. Nolan would have done such a great Riddler... and just think of the viral marketing opportunities.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jul 21 2012, 07:36 PM

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jul 21 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #7825

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

Noted, I've cut it and putting it in the thread.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jul 21 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #7826

I didn't mean say nothing at all, just discuss it in detail there.

Jurassic Park - Still my favourite film of all time. I know every single word, every sound effect, every detail. I saw it at the cinema, got it on VHS the day it came out, and since then I've watched it every couple of months at most. It just resonates with me.
I even know the Spanish song playing in the background when Nedry and Dodgeson meet, complete with when the chickens cluck. All the musical cues...

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jul 21 2012, 08:07 PM

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Jul 22 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #7827

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jul 22 2012, 09:05 AM) *
I didn't mean say nothing at all, just discuss it in detail there.

Jurassic Park - Still my favourite film of all time. I know every single word, every sound effect, every detail. I saw it at the cinema, got it on VHS the day it came out, and since then I've watched it every couple of months at most. It just resonates with me.
I even know the Spanish song playing in the background when Nedry and Dodgeson meet, complete with when the chickens cluck. All the musical cues...

Then maybe you can answer this for me; is there actually a high-pitched 'slip' sound effect included when Nedry falls on his ass up on the muddy hill during his encounter with the Dilophosaurus, or is that some other sound that just happens to occur at that moment? Even as a kid I always thought that tenth of a second was a little too cartoonish. Still, a tenth of a second of 'meh' out of 127 minutes of pure joy is pretty good.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jul 22 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #7828

Yeah, it's a slip sound effect. Why, I don't know...
There's also that jeep in The Lost World that flies through the air with a slide-whistle sound effect.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jul 22 2012, 08:29 PM

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Jul 22 2012, 09:55 PM
Post #7829

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

Oh also, Nedry's scream is repeated a few seconds after the first time he make it, either that or he replicates it exactly. Right, I'm off to watch Jurassic Park now.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jul 22 2012, 11:20 PM
Post #7830

QUOTE (Rebus @ Jul 22 2012, 10:55 PM) *
Oh also, Nedry's scream is repeated a few seconds after the first time he make it, either that or he replicates it exactly. Right, I'm off to watch Jurassic Park now.

That kind of thing happens a lot in films. The one that grates me the most is right at the start of The Terminator, when a binman says "What the Hell?" twice and it's the same clip. The second time he says it, his face is on camera and his lips don't move!

+Quote Post

529 Pages V  « < 520 521 522 523 524 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 03:24 AM