Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fringe, Science Friction ... thoughts and comments
davejeffery
post Oct 27 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #1

In a Word: 'No!'

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,698

Anyone watching Fringe at the moment? I've watched the first four episodes (including the two part pilot) and remain unsure in terms of the longeivity of this show. I'd love to hear other peoples' views.

Dave
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Oct 27 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #2

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

QUOTE (davejeffery @ Oct 27 2008, 11:06 AM) *
Anyone watching Fringe at the moment? I've watched the first four episodes (including the two part pilot) and remain unsure in terms of the longevity of this show. I'd love to hear other peoples' views.

Dave

I didn't realise it had started until this morning, and I don't have Sky One anymore. What is the premise?

+Quote Post
maian
post Oct 27 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #3

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

From wikipedia:

Fringe follows the exploits of FBI Special Agent Olivia Dunham, scientist Walter Bishop, and his son Peter as they investigate aspects of fringe science (telepathy, levitation, invisibility, reanimation, etc). All over the world, a series of apparent experiments collectively referred to as "the Pattern" (e.g., a newborn baby who rapidly ages and dies in one day, a bus full of passengers trapped in a strange substance like mosquitoes in amber) are occurring for reasons unknown. Olivia, Peter, and Walter are in charge of investigating these strange events to determine their source.

I watched the pilot when I was visiting my parents a few weeks back and I really liked it. The pilot set up the overarching conspiracy nicely but also established some really nice character relationships.

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Oct 29 2008, 10:08 AM
Post #4

Blood's thicker than water, but blood leaves a stain.

Member No.: 4,984

It's not a bad show. It's very X-Files. cool.gif
We've only had 4 or 5 episodes shown here in Australia, & it's already been pulled. They'll probably put it back on during the Christmas/New Year non-ratings period. wacko.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif

+Quote Post
davejeffery
post Nov 5 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #5

In a Word: 'No!'

Member No.: 6,698

QUOTE (dolfyn @ Oct 29 2008, 10:08 AM) *
It's not a bad show. It's very X-Files. cool.gif
We've only had 4 or 5 episodes shown here in Australia, & it's already been pulled. They'll probably put it back on during the Christmas/New Year non-ratings period. wacko.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif

Hi Dolfyn

thanks for that. I'm enjoying the show but I think that it just doesn't have the pull of either Alias or Lost. And I was certainly spoilt by Cloverfield.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:45 PM