Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Festivals 2009, All across the world
widowspider
post Apr 24 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #1

OMNOMNOM

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 3,076

Anyone going to any festivals this year? After bemoaning the lack of decent ones on this side of the pond for the last four years, I discovered All Points West, which has exactly my kind of music and is literally across the way at Liberty Park in Jersey (it's overlooking the Statue of Liberty, hence the name).

I just read this great article about the best small festivals in Britain - some of them sound great!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Apr 24 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #2

Invader.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,823

I'm off to Download, just like every other year. I wasn't originally planning on going, then they confirmed Faith No More as a headliner and my interest went from "meh" to "OhmygodIhavetogetaticketrightnow".

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Apr 26 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #3

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

I'm gutted that i can't get the day off for Faith No More's day at download.

Depending on how the line-up goes, i may grab a day ticket for sonisphere at knebworth, or a day ticket for the kings of Leon day at Reading.

+Quote Post
punk1212
post May 20 2009, 07:23 AM
Post #4

Guests

If I had my life to live over...I would have talked less and listened more.
  I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was strained and the sofa faded.
  I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.
  I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.
  I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television - and more while watching life.

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding patter if I were not there for the day.

Iwould never have bought anything just because it was practical, would not show soil or was guaranteed to last a life time.
  There would have been more "I love yous" ... more "I'm sorrys"... but mostly, given another shots at life, I would seize every minute... look at it and really see it...live it...and never give it back.

Living Life Over

Edited by Chapman Baxter: Spam links removed but message left for comedy value.

+Quote Post
punk1212
post May 20 2009, 07:24 AM
Post #5

Guests

In English class, one girl said never give up when discussing. It just reminded me something about myself.

Maybe it is something about love. My love, which began on July 3rd of 2005 and finished on August 23rd of 2008, taught me many things. It is not a pleasant thing to look back on that. But I know I must learn something from it, no matter what it is, happiness or sorrow.
Our love did not go on so smoothly and we went through many things. When we were confronting difficulties, he always told me “never give up”. I insisted that we would love
each other forever and that we would overcome all difficulties so long as we never give up. It was the reason that we can persist though we did not live in the same city.
This summer, he came to Qingdao campus. I was so glad because we could study together from then on. But all to my surprise, things changed so fast and out of my control.

In these days, I am always trying my best to forget all the things of him. But it is not an easy thing. At last I know that when we promise something, we just believe we will
try our best to realize it, but if things change, we may do nothing about it.

PS: Writing these words, I suddenly don’t know what to say next. Maybe we should believe the person who told you never give up. Here, I want to bless for the boy once told me never give up. Wish you have a happy life in your future.

NEVER GIVE UP

Edited by Chapman Baxter: Spam links removed but message left for comedy value.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post May 20 2009, 08:06 AM
Post #6

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

I think we should all post like this from now on.

KEEP ON TRUCKING.

+Quote Post
Rua
post May 20 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #7

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

I agree.

IF THE ROYAL PERSON OFFERS A HAND THE HANDSHAKE SHOULD BE SHORT AND NOT HARD.

+Quote Post
spacemonkey
post May 20 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #8

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhta

Member No.: 3,241

I could get used to this

NOW WASH YOUR HANDS

+Quote Post
logger
post May 20 2009, 10:28 AM
Post #9

Guests

Why do people have to constantly learn things from the events of their lives. Fucking hippies.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post May 20 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #10

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

That made my day.

MIND THE GAP.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post May 25 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #11

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

And back to reality....

Glastonbury Line-Up

Now comes the impossible task of picking who to go see when.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post May 26 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #12

"Mus" ŕ gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ May 25 2009, 02:51 PM) *
And back to reality....

Glastonbury Line-Up

That's pretty impressive, especially Sunday on the Pyramid. Madness I would normally avoid but I think the audience might well have less than the usual quota of tossers in it. Tom Jones the last time he played Glastonbury was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post May 26 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #13

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

QUOTE (Sostie @ May 26 2009, 11:49 AM) *
That's pretty impressive, especially Sunday on the Pyramid. Madness I would normally avoid but I think the audience might well have less than the usual quota of tossers in it. Tom Jones the last time he played Glastonbury was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Pyramid Sunday does indeed look good. Also tempted by the Spinal Tap / Dizzee Rascal double-bill. Not too fussed by a lot of the new acts this year, so I'm happy with the largely older line-up.

+Quote Post
logger
post May 26 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #14

Guests

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ May 25 2009, 02:51 PM) *
And back to reality....

Glastonbury Line-Up

That actually makes me feel old, I haven't heard of a lot of the acts and half of the ones I have are people who I wouldn't expect to be there. I've not been since they started making you pay to get in but it must still be true that you can have a good time no matter who's playing.

+Quote Post
dandan
post May 27 2009, 08:23 AM
Post #15

Addict

Member No.: 4,256

i struggled to find people i'd want to see over all four days...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 03:24 AM