You keep that damn crazy talk to yourself. tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ade
post Apr 23 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #122

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

I have a theory. I reckon it was the Smoke Monster that brought down Oceanic Flight 815.

And it has a name... Eyjafjallajökull.

+Quote Post
maian
post Apr 23 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #123

Bully for you

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,498

That was a pretty good episode, but not quite up to the standard of the last three or four. After some genuine forward momentum recently it was more of an opportunity to get characters where they need to be for the finale. Also, no Ben (other than Alterna-Ben) or Richard.I did really like Sun and Jin finally being reunited after three seasons apart. I've always liked them as characters and their arc has been the most emotionally involving for me (with the possible exception of Desmond and Penny's). Lost always does reunions well, and the understatement of those two characters coming back together was well played.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Apr 23 2010, 10:42 AM
Post #124

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (Ade @ Apr 23 2010, 10:29 AM) *
I have a theory. I reckon it was the Smoke Monster that brought down Oceanic Flight 815.

laugh.gif

I had a weird dream after watching Lost at the weekend, that the Polar bear slaughtered everyone on the island and it ended with him sitting on the beach.

In my head that's a good ending.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Apr 23 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #125

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...

QUOTE (maian @ Apr 23 2010, 11:00 AM) *
That was a pretty good episode, but not quite up to the standard of the last three or four. After some genuine forward momentum recently it was more of an opportunity to get characters where they need to be for the finale. Also, no Ben (other than Alterna-Ben) or Richard.I did really like Sun and Jin finally being reunited after three seasons apart. I've always liked them as characters and their arc has been the most emotionally involving for me (with the possible exception of Desmond and Penny's). Lost always does reunions well, and the understatement of those two characters coming back together was well played.

You're right about Lost's reunions, and Sun & Jin's was lovely - I got rather a lump in my throat, amplified somewhat as it cut to Sawyer's reaction.

QUOTE (Everlong @ Apr 23 2010, 11:42 AM) *
laugh.gif

I had a weird dream after watching Lost at the weekend, that the Polar bear slaughtered everyone on the island and it ended with him sitting on the beach.

Heheh. With a can of Coke.

Is that St. Lostwhere enough for you, Ed?

+Quote Post
maian
post Apr 23 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #126

Bully for you

It's good, but I think it'd be better if, as it sat there, the polar bear reached up, undid its zip, and revealed itself to be Walt.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Apr 23 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #127

Batman.

QUOTE (Ade @ Apr 23 2010, 12:19 PM) *
Heheh. With a can of Coke.

Is that St. Lostwhere enough for you, Ed?

Heehee. The little polar bear saunters up to him and gets eaten too.

QUOTE (maian @ Apr 23 2010, 02:58 PM) *
It's good, but I think it'd be better if, as it sat there, the polar bear reached up, undid its zip, and revealed itself to be Walt.

Who didn't even spare his dad. Beast.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Apr 23 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #128

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

QUOTE (Ade @ Apr 23 2010, 10:29 AM) *

Win! laugh.gif

I'll go back to lurking* now...

*I only watched until the end of season 2, but I still want to know how it all ends so I like to read this thread, as well as asking my sister what's been happening.

+Quote Post
weputthemdown583
post May 5 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #129

Well, I like them. I think they're good.

Member No.: 6,557

Very sad episode sad.gif
I actually laughed when Sayid blew up. I hope they explain why/how he came back to life at the start of the season, probably won't though!
I thought it was a great idea to kill off Sun & Jin, just one episode after their reunion. Gives us a real sense of how evil the mib/smokey actually is.

I hear next week's episode is a Jacob and Smokey flashback smile.gif

+Quote Post
maian
post May 6 2010, 12:38 AM
Post #130

Bully for you

Well, that was pretty fucking devastating. As soon as Sun gave Jin back his ring, I thought that one of them was going to die, but it genuinely never occurred to me that both of them would die. It was fitting to kill them off so soon after their reunion to, as weputthemdown583 said, establish just what a cold hearted bastard Locke is, but it was also just such a moving end to their particular story. After such a long time spent trying to be together, they will now never be apart.

I also found Sayid's death shocking, if not terribly moving. A few seconds after it happened, I was struck by his nobility and the redemptive quality of his action, but I think I was mainly just shell-shocked by the speed at which things went from "Shit, we're all going to die" to "Thank Fuck, we're safe" to "Shit, we're going to die even quicker".

Good flash-sideways stuff this week, too. I thought that Terry O'Quinn really nailed Alterna-Locke's crushing guilt and loss in that last scene with Alterna-Jack.

+Quote Post
Ade
post May 6 2010, 09:19 AM
Post #131

Ade Flanders

Well said.

That really was a deeply emotional episode - one of the best, I'd say. 'Devastating' certainly covers it. Like Ed said, Terry O'Quinn's performance in that Alternate final scene was absolutely spot on, and hit me especially hard - I was already near to tears as it was, what with the departure of Sun & Jin. Jack's walk down to the water's edge after that all but started me off, and then...damn you, O'Quinn!

And I was really quite touched by Sayid's choosing to sacrifice himself and at least give the others a chance.

+Quote Post
logger
post May 6 2010, 09:23 AM
Post #132

Guests

At least the Mexican survived. tongue.gif

I wasn't that bothered about all the death until Hurley started crying, then it hit me.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post May 6 2010, 10:39 AM
Post #133

Batman.

Just caught up last night, you lot have summed it up really.

Emotional stuff. Sun and Jin, *insert sad face*

Just realised I've probably gotta watch it again Friday. Obviously it won't have the same impact.

This post has been edited by Everlong: May 6 2010, 10:45 AM

+Quote Post
Sostie
post May 6 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #134

"Mus" ā gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

Jin! Sun! Sayid! Probably Lapidus! Why not throw Hurley in there and get rid of all of my favourites.

Apart from that, great episode.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post May 7 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #135

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

*sobs*