IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> True Blood, Laissez les bons temps rouler (spoilers for non-Terrestrial pls)
mcraigclark
post Aug 12 2011, 09:41 AM
Post #121

I'm a poncey thrush.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,057

QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 9 2011, 01:47 PM) *

Weird, and more than a bit surprising. I hope there aren't any kids who get the context, but I'm not sure the rhyming scheme is enough to make them interested in the skit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Aug 12 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #122

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

That lady-muppet has breasts.

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Aug 15 2011, 11:49 AM
Post #123

Money ...

Member No.: 2,511

Have seen the first couple episodes of Season 4. More thoughts to follow.

Good:
- So fairyland was lame because Sookie has zero imagination? That explains a lot. And I like that the dark scary fairy world reminds me of those from Legend.
- Witches are interesting and promising.
- Bad sex power Bill in shiny suits is much more interesting than dopey love sick B-yull.
- Jessica being a bad ass. Hoyt and Jessica having fights.
- Pam and Jessica being all snarky. Yay!
- Lost Eric is human labrador.
- I am so glad he killed that annoying fairy.
- Some interesting sub-plots - Arlene's evil baby, Jessica's evil doll, Sam's evil little brother.

Bad:
- Fuck off Panthers. Just fuck off. Stop making Jason boring. Die - all of you! Especially that chicken faced Sissy Spacek one.
- Paquin needs to stop doing this naive milkmaid shrug with every fucking move. It's 'coy' from the 1920s silent film acting. Batting eyelashes and tilting head.
- Sam's love life. Yawn. Boring.
- Punk Bill? Really. Joss Whedon should sue because that is basically a blatant rip-off of Spike.
- Speaking of which, Lafayette discovers magic is very very Season 5 Buffy. With Lala as Willow and Jesus as Tara. They better watch out.
- Tara is gay now? Really?
- I prefered the Compton house before it's American Psycho make-over. I covet that red velvet couch!

+Quote Post
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Aug 15 2011, 07:04 PM
Post #124

We gotta make the planet safe for the kiddies

Member No.: 2,367

episode 8 spoilers:

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jason. You are my new favourite. Felt sorry for poor Hoyt, but twice as sorry for poor Jessica. Both Hoyt and Jason revoking her invites was horrible.

It's got very exciting. The big fight at the end was good stuff. Harry Potter's wicked step mum is doing a fantastic job.

+Quote Post
mcraigclark
post Aug 17 2011, 12:07 AM
Post #125

I'm a poncey thrush.

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Aug 15 2011, 07:49 AM) *
Have seen the first couple episodes of Season 4. More thoughts to follow.

Good:

- Some interesting sub-plots - Arlene's evil baby, Jessica's evil doll, Sam's evil little brother.

Bad:
- Tara is gay now? Really?

This good point will not fail to deliver.
This bad point seemed like an unnecessary desperation move on the writers' parts.

QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 15 2011, 03:04 PM) *
episode 8 spoilers:

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jason. You are my new favourite. Felt sorry for poor Hoyt, but twice as sorry for poor Jessica. Both Hoyt and Jason revoking her invites was horrible.

It's got very exciting. The big fight at the end was good stuff. Harry Potter's wicked step mum is doing a fantastic job.

Yes to all of the above. I was a bit concerned that Jessica was going to burn, and I was getting pissed at the prospect of not seeing her again. She lovely.

It's easy to forget that Jessica is still an actual teenager, but that point was driven home when she said "But you kissed me back!" after Jason withdrew his invitation. Such a teenage sort of thing to say, and not a little bit heartbreaking. Poor thing.

+Quote Post
dandan
post Aug 17 2011, 10:30 AM
Post #126

Addict

Member No.: 4,256

as much as i enjoy 'true blood', it really is fucking stupid. here's some other thoughts of an up to date nature...

jessica is just a fox and jason has a very impressive torso.

i like angry hoyt.

andy bellefleur steals every scene he is in.

i'm not bored of nice eric yet, although i think i will be happy when he gets his memory back and kills marnie in a spectacularly brutal fashion.

so, yeah, i'm looking forward to seeing the witches get wiped out. i find marnie almost unwatchable and the whole storyline is boring me as much as the mary anne one from season two.

also, tara, just fuck off...

This post has been edited by dandan: Aug 17 2011, 10:30 AM

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Aug 17 2011, 10:34 AM
Post #127

Money ...

I agree with Dan on all points and the last point especially. Although Jason does have an impressive torso and can do push up handstands in boxing gloves! I love that is super power is 'doing sex'. Old Jason is back.

This good point will not fail to deliver.
This bad point seemed like an unnecessary desperation move on the writers' parts.

Good news Craig.

And I can I also say (me of all people) that Labrador Puppy Noble Eric is kind of annoying. I preferred him being all snarky and mean with Pam as his moll. Rather than the unconvincing sex amongst the bracken and bugs with Sookie. To be fair - it is difficult for Askars to do pretend sex with a normal sized human woman. He is like a Norse man tree from Midgard.

Other thing - in general - True Blood seriously needs to stop copying Buffy. Having a vampire punk flashback and witches on the floor of a magic shop reading spell books is getting very very close to the bone.

This post has been edited by Serafina_Pekkala: Aug 17 2011, 10:47 AM

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Aug 21 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #128

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

About a month ago I decided to see what all the fuss was about and as of this evening I can now read this whole thread without worrying about spoilers. This show has made monsters good again. Having never really got into Buffy (i enjoyed the episodes I watched but never made an effort to watch it each week) I don't know how similar it is but superficially at least it seems to share a lot of similarities making me want to check that out as well.

Reading through this thread I'm glad to see that my feelings on the show are echoed here (namely more Jason, Eric, Pam and Jessica can only be a good thing) and that I don't really get why everyone loses their minds over Sookie. Season 4 Bill is finally interesting but after a promising first few episodes Tara has nothing worth watching. I find myself cheering the bits I assume have been written in to make me feel sorry for her (such as the omlette making scene.) Those are the standouts for me but to be honest the whole cast and characters are generally excellent and I look forward to actually being able to to talk to people about this now without looking blank.

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Aug 22 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #129

Money ...

You are a welcome edition to the team.

Are you Team Eric or Team Jason? Which one would turn you a geigh?

+Quote Post
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Aug 22 2011, 04:33 PM
Post #130

We gotta make the planet safe for the kiddies

Member No.: 2,367

Teams Jason, Eric or Alcide. I'd probably give it a go if any of those asked nicely.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Aug 22 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #131

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Aug 22 2011, 02:31 PM) *
You are a welcome edition to the team.

Are you Team Eric or Team Jason? Which one would turn you a geigh?

Why do I have to choose? I can't believe how much difficulty I'm having with this decision, it's a bit worrying.

I can definitely say no to Alcide, mainly because any self respecting bearded man wouldn't wax his chest. What the hell is the point?

Right, decision made, I'd go for Jason, as it took Eric until his season 2 haircut before he really came into his element whereas Jason has been on fire from day one.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Aug 22 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #132

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Aug 22 2011, 06:14 PM) *
I can definitely say no to Alcide

You are a fool, sir!

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Aug 22 2011, 06:54 PM
Post #133

QUOTE (Llama @ Aug 22 2011, 06:14 PM) *
You are a fool, sir!

Nope. Being up to date with this show sucks. Cliffhangers actually count for something when you can't just watch the next episode straight away.

Episode 9 Spoilers

The whole thing with LaFayette was ridiculous, and not in a good way. However, it was almost redeemed by his "You're welcome bitch" comment at the end. Once again though, those scenes were held together by characters who are secondary to the specific plot line, i.e. Terry, Andy and Jason in that one. I hope there's a point to the whole "medium" thing because it sucks otherwise. Also, Tara continues to make absolutely no sense. After being completely behind Antonia, then being even more behind her when she realised she was going to attack the vampires and not just defend herself, she then had a go at her for not accepting Bill's "olive branch". It's like three different people write her scenes and they don't talk about it before hand. If one character dies in this series, let it be her.

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Aug 22 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #134

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

Haven't seen 9 yet, but I loved last week's when he took back his invitation to Jessica and then spontaneously did some push ups to work out the sexual frustration. I'm absolutely 100% gaytastic for Jason.

+Quote Post
mcraigclark
post Aug 23 2011, 12:13 AM
Post #135

I'm a poncey thrush.

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Aug 22 2011, 02:54 PM) *
Nope. Being up to date with this show sucks. Cliffhangers actually count for something when you can't just watch the next episode straight away.

Episode 9 Spoilers

The whole thing with LaFayette was ridiculous, and not in a good way. However, it was almost redeemed by his "You're welcome bitch" comment at the end. Once again though, those scenes were held together by characters who are secondary to the specific plot line, i.e. Terry, Andy and Jason in that one. I hope there's a point to the whole "medium" thing because it sucks otherwise. Also, Tara continues to make absolutely no sense. After being completely behind Antonia, then being even more behind her when she realised she was going to attack the vampires and not just defend herself, she then had a go at her for not accepting Bill's "olive branch". It's like three different people write her scenes and they don't talk about it before hand. If one character dies in this series, let it be her.

I didn't mind the Lafayette/Mavis thing so much, really. It was a bit too saccharine, and I agree that redemption came with "You're welcome, bitch." Also agree that if you want something screwed up, involve Tara. I don't hate her as much this season as I did when she wouldn't stop crying about Eggs, but she's pretty annoying. Antonia's got four vampires under her control, so I'm at a loss as to how they're going to get rid of her. I suspect Lafayette's going to be involved there. Otherwise, I don't understand why they'd bother with the whole medium thing.

I can't figure out what Tommy's up to. I guess impersonating Sam and getting beat to shit in the process is his brand of self-flagellation.

Also, no more stupid dream sequences, OK?

This post has been edited by mcraigclark: Aug 23 2011, 12:32 AM

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:44 AM