IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> True Blood, Laissez les bons temps rouler (spoilers for non-Terrestrial pls)
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Aug 23 2011, 08:15 AM
Post #136

We gotta make the planet safe for the kiddies

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,367

Eric/Sookie/Bill wasn't as hot as Vamp Willow/Cordelia/Vamp Xander.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Aug 23 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #137

Money ...

Member No.: 2,511

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Aug 22 2011, 06:14 PM) *
Why do I have to choose? I can't believe how much difficulty I'm having with this decision, it's a bit worrying.

I can definitely say no to Alcide, mainly because any self respecting bearded man wouldn't wax his chest. What the hell is the point?

Right, decision made, I'd go for Jason, as it took Eric until his season 2 haircut before he really came into his element whereas Jason has been on fire from day one.

You make a good argument. I don't think either team is mutually exclusive. I have little patience for rebooted Eric cos he is boring. Sookie makes men boring. And she has a funny mouth and teeth like a cartoon baby hippo. Jason is better now he ditched the panthers.

Alcide would be much better if not waxed like a preening tool.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Aug 23 2011, 11:10 AM
Post #138

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Aug 23 2011, 09:42 AM) *
You make a good argument. I don't think either team is mutually exclusive. I have little patience for rebooted Eric cos he is boring. Sookie makes men boring. And she has a funny mouth and teeth like a cartoon baby hippo. Jason is better now he ditched the panthers.

Alcide would be much better if not waxed like a preening tool.

Yeah, that aspect of Eric also influences my decision.

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Aug 23 2011, 11:51 AM
Post #139

Money ...

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Aug 23 2011, 12:10 PM) *
Yeah, that aspect of Eric also influences my decision.

Yeah I am moving away from Team Eric too. I think I only fancy Askars cos he is like a younger version of his dad.

Jason appeals to my 12 year old self who would crush on minor actors in Home and Away. And he also looks like the fittest boy in my school when same age (still does if Facebook is to be believed).

+Quote Post
ipse dixit
post Aug 23 2011, 12:37 PM
Post #140

Fallon

Member No.: 2,946

I'm two episodes behind - must. resist. spoilers.

Sefi, you are totes right boring Eric is boring. Here's hoping he gets snarky again soon. The whole thing is a not-even-thinly-veiled Buffy/Spike/Angel rip.

Jason is frickin' brilliant.

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Aug 23 2011, 11:54 PM
Post #141

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

Ugh. I feel a rant coming on. My list of characters I would very much like to just feck off and die is steadily growing.

Now, I know Sookie has always been a healthy mix of an annoying, patronising, arrogant, cockteasing, boring tit, but these seemingly endless dream sequences and nothing-else-for-it-so-let's-fuck plot cul-de-sacs are starting wear very thing. Never has sex, or even an attractive person in their underwear been so boring. I can't help but scowl during every one of her wide eyed, face twitching, full lipped, boring scenes.

Even seeing her shot brought me no joy as of course she would inevitably (and inexplicably) get better. She won't drink Bill's blood so ..... nope, everyone's out of ideas as to what to do. Pray, I guess. Um, what about the fucking hospital? Y'know, where they treat gunshot wounds? Why bother with that when you can just cut to her waking up.
Sookie has now overtaken Tara as the person I want tortured most before being dispatched.

If something truly awesome does not happen in the final three episodes, I'm outta here. It's not just the shonky plots, needless exposition, and the often bad editing, but the ratio of Annoying Characters to Enjoyable Characters is tipping too far into the negative.

Having said all that, hot and sexy Jason and Jessica sex was hot and sexy.

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Aug 24 2011, 09:45 AM
Post #142

Money ...

boring Eric is boring. Here's hoping he gets snarky again soon. The whole thing is a not-even-thinly-veiled Buffy/Spike/Angel rip.

Ipse - it totally is a big ole rip. And they don't even do the Angel 'he has a soul now' line. Which explains everything far better. I also had to laugh - re: Buffy rip-offs, they use that same desert canyon vacation used as well in Firefly.

QUOTE (Rebus @ Aug 24 2011, 12:54 AM) *
Sookie has now overtaken Tara as the person I want tortured most before being dispatched.

I hope she gets eaten by bad fairies and turns into a glowing tomato fruit. .

+Quote Post
mcraigclark
post Aug 31 2011, 01:35 AM
Post #143

I'm a poncey thrush.

Member No.: 5,057

Episode 10 spoilers

These are all big.
Tommy is dead. I'm a little surprised they killed him off since he'd just gained his skinwalker powers.

Eric is back! Not entirely sure what to make of the fact that he still loves Sookie. Also, Pam looked a bit different to me. Anyone else notice that? It's inconclusive as to whether or not she is still rotting (I vote yes), but something looked off about her. Anyway, I love sexy Pam.

I'd been suspecting that they weren't going to resolve the situation withMarnie/Antonia, but now I think they will. Marnie's got the victim role down pat, and I no longer feel sorry for her.

+Quote Post
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Sep 12 2011, 03:42 PM
Post #144

Good ending. Shame about Jesus, Tara and Nan. Not so much about Debbie.

Jessica is so freaking hot it's ridiculous, and Jason is so freaking ridiculous it's hot. His answer to Hoyt about how it happened was hilarious.

And I would also have hugged Andy Bellfleur in the parking lot after his speech.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Sep 13 2011, 07:10 AM
Post #145

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Sep 12 2011, 04:42 PM) *
And I would also have hugged Andy Bellfleur in the parking lot after his speech.

Me too. Poor little Andy.

+Quote Post
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Sep 13 2011, 07:27 AM
Post #146

It's just occured to me that I should have spoilered more of my post than I did.

Who can correct that for me?

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Sep 13 2011, 08:04 PM
Post #147

If only the rest of the series could have been like the final two episodes. They were amazing and had some fantastic laugh out loud moments and of course some cheers during certain scenes, namely the Eric drinking that dickhead's heart blood like a cocktail, Jason telling Hoyt exactly how he'd slept with Jessica and a final massive YAY! for Tara finally dying. Here's hoping they don't cop out and bring her back somehow. I was sorry to see Jesus go though.

It was an interesting way of finishing a series though, with most stuff wrapped up in the penultimate episode and just loads of setting up for the next series in the finale instead.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Sep 13 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #148

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Sep 13 2011, 09:04 PM) *
I was sorry to see Jesus go though.

I wasn't sorry to see Jesus go, but I did feel bad for Lafayette. Poor Lafayette.

+Quote Post
mcraigclark
post Sep 13 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #149

I'm a poncey thrush.

Member No.: 5,057

It was a great ending, but I'm not convinced Tara is dead. Sure, half her skull's been blown off, but stranger things have happened in Bon Temps. Tara has been annoying these past two seasons, but I can't help but have a soft spot for her.

Also, Reverend Newlin is a vampire now? I think he was a tad too interested in naked Jason, so it might make sense that Russell is his maker. Speaking of, I'm very glad that Russell is going to be back in S5. He's a great villain.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Sep 14 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #150

QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Sep 13 2011, 10:20 PM) *
Tara has been annoying these past three and a half seasons, but I can't help but be glad she has a soft spot in her head.

Fixed.

I'm also glad that they have brought back two former villains for the next series, most likely because they realised this series was a bit shit due to them having only one villain who was only actually remotely threatening in the last few episodes.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:29 AM