IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> True Blood, Laissez les bons temps rouler (spoilers for non-Terrestrial pls)
dandan
post Sep 16 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #151

Addict

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,256

finished...

there's lots of stupid, stupid, just plain shit in this series...

marnie and all the witchcraft can just fuck right off. i'm very disappointed that she had an almost redemptive ending. when the witch spirit woman started rebelling against her, it was like the writers had suddenly realised that they were heading to shitsville and decided to change things around, but went down an equally shit strew alley way. oh, and the stupid dead baby story was a piece of throwaway crap and i couldn't give a monkey's about dead jesus; lafayette is a better character without him...

as for tara, i never dreamed that it would happen, but the writers probably got so sick of people saying that they should kill her off, that they did. i hope. it is a shame, as she was a pretty brilliant character in the first season...

oh, and the whole suicide pact was really, really fucking stupid. very poor writing.

i'm glad that sam's brother died, but sorry that werewolf boss did - his delivery of the word 'philosophies' was a highlight. i still like sam, but he does get the least interesting stories.

the best things about this series...

bill is a much more interesting character without sookie and he and eric have ended up making a super-badass pairing. more of that please...

pam was wonderful as always. "sookie and her stupid name and sweet fucking fairy vagina" or words to that effect made me hoot...

terry and andy steal every scene they are in and they're great. i hope they don't fuck up terry with the re-introduction of his dead sergeant.

it was nice to see rene again...

jessica is a stone fox.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Sep 16 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #152

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (dandan @ Sep 16 2011, 10:29 AM) *
finished...

marnie and all the witchcraft can just fuck right off. i'm very disappointed that she had an almost redemptive ending. when the witch spirit woman started rebelling against her, it was like the writers had suddenly realised that they were heading to shitsville and decided to change things around, but went down an equally shit strew alley way. oh, and the stupid dead baby story was a piece of throwaway crap and i couldn't give a monkey's about dead jesus; lafayette is a better character without him...

as for tara, i never dreamed that it would happen, but the writers probably got so sick of people saying that they should kill her off, that they did. i hope. it is a shame, as she was a pretty brilliant character in the first season...

oh, and the whole suicide pact was really, really fucking stupid. very poor writing.

i'm glad that sam's brother died, but sorry that werewolf boss did - his delivery of the word 'philosophies' was a highlight. i still like sam, but he does get the least interesting stories.

bill is a much more interesting character without sookie and he and eric have ended up making a super-badass pairing. more of that please...

pam was wonderful as always. "sookie and her stupid name and sweet fucking fairy vagina" or words to that effect made me hoot...

terry and andy steal every scene they are in and they're great. i hope they don't fuck up terry with the re-introduction of his dead sergeant.

jessica is a stone fox.

I completely agree with absolutely everything here. My favourite Pam line of the series was when she refered to Sookie as a gash in a sundress. It caught me so off guard I had to stop watching it for a minute to regain my composure.

+Quote Post
dandan
post Sep 16 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #153

Addict

Member No.: 4,256

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Sep 16 2011, 11:41 AM) *
I completely agree with absolutely everything here. My favourite Pam line of the series was when she refered to Sookie as a gash in a sundress. It caught me so off guard I had to stop watching it for a minute to regain my composure.

that's because you're a very sensible young man...

and, that line made me hoot as well. gotta love a bit of pam...

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Sep 16 2011, 07:38 PM
Post #154

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

Yeah, that was ridiculous, trashy, and hilarawful, but that is why we watch the show. Honestly, they could have done whatever the hell they wanted with this finale, but the inclusion of Jessica joining the Tits Out club, Pam's rant about how fucking annoying Sookie and her stupid name are, and the promise of more Edgington made it all worth it.

Best of all, it was good to see the writers pick up on everyone's loathing of Tara, and finally give her the slug to the head she deserved. I just hope old quiver-lip doesn't come back as a ghost. Against my better judgement, I'll probably be watching the next season.

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Oct 20 2011, 11:23 AM
Post #155

Money ...

Member No.: 2,511

QUOTE (dandan @ Sep 16 2011, 11:29 AM) *
finished...

jessica is a stone fox.

All of the above. I totally agree. And I also enjoy the gash in a sundress line and Jason's facial reaction. But it made me realise that this season did not have enough Pam at all. Hardly any, which is not good enough. I also missed the bit when she got her face fixed. We need new vampires to come along and liven it up. Vampires are what makes the show fun. Shit witches, maudlin shifters and biker werewolves do not cut it.

However I can do without anymore of the 'Lafayette gets possessed' plot lines. It is fast becoming the way to take out any failing narrative like Sookie's microwave hands.

The last few episodes were amongst my least favourite of all time. I did not understand Mavis the ghost or why she spoke in that strange manner. I assumed she was doing an accent about 'mah beeebee' - it was a damp squib of a story line and I think the writers knew it ran out of steam v'quickly.

Andy Bellefleur being seduced by a fairy was hilarious and funny. He is one of the best things in the show by far.

I like the Jason and Jessica plot line. It is far better than meth panthers.

Edgington return is also very promising indeed. And Rev Steve! And Rene, cher.

I can go an entire lifetime without ever seeing Fiona Shaw's smirking face and stupid fake-American or Spanish accent-ee lika Manual Meester Fawlty. Worse villain so far.

Ghost Tara promises to be more annoying than previous and I bet she wears a shiny white dress. Shame that James Frain cannot return instead cos he was fucking ace. I will not miss Tara or Debbie or even Jesus the Mexican witch Nurse. They all ran their course and only served to bog other characters down.

Less Sookie head tilting please. She still does that. It is still annoying.

+Quote Post
Outatime
post Jan 31 2012, 01:51 PM
Post #156

Addict

Member No.: 3,386

Anyone going to be watching series four on FX from Sunday?

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Feb 1 2012, 02:49 AM
Post #157

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

I really don't think I could be arsed. S3 was, by and large, balls. It really struggled to keep my interest, but I had to see it through, I know if I start watching it I'll have to watch the whole season, but I just don't know if my heart is in it. Season 3 actually made me care very little about Lafayette, something I would have thought near impossible. Pam needs to brutally kill and skin Sookie in the first episode of S4 to even raise an eyebrow.

+Quote Post
Outatime
post Feb 1 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #158

Addict

I'm hoping for more Pam this series, she started off strong in series three with some brilliant one liners then they shoved her away into the background. Series three was weak and seemed to lose its way but I'm hoping series four will be more focussed.

+Quote Post
Outatime
post Feb 7 2012, 04:14 PM
Post #159

Addict

Well I watched the first episode and I have high hopes for this series, I think the fact that the time frame has jumped forward a year will help shed all the nonsense from series three.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:39 AM