Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Big Brother 2010, The End!
Sostie
post Sep 8 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #121

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

This isn't not the best series ever, but there's enough in there to keep me watching semi-regularly

Top 3 moments for me so far....

3. Ulrika gobbing water into Rex's face

2. Brian's reaction to Nikki's first tantrum in the house

and Number 1

Brian's reaction to Nikki's observation that Nadia may have been in a bad mood because it could have been her time of the month.

I have to say Nikki opening up to Vanessa Felz last night about her Anorexia was a quite moving.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Sep 29 2010, 07:13 AM
Post #122

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

People only ever work out in public if they're going to release a weight loss DVD

Disappointing

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Sep 29 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #123

Addict

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,423

QUOTE (Zoe @ Sep 29 2010, 08:13 AM) *

What's disappointing? She said in the house that when she got out she wanted to lose a bit of weight and be a nice size 12. That's what she's doing. Loads of people work out in the park. I haven't heard of any DVD deal, though she and John James have been filming of a mini documentary that'll be on Channel 5 next month so if the training session was filmed it'll most likely be on there.

Besides, even if she does go on to release a DVD she's not after being a size zero. Just cutting down on what she sees as access baggage. She's fine as she is but losing a bit of weight isn't much of an issue. I've dropped a couple of dress sizes over the last 18 months and feel a bit more confident with my body. I certainly wouldn't begrudge Josie a bit of fitness training to feel the same. She's doing it for herself. Good for her.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Sep 29 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #124

Group Icon

Fat celeb exercises in park, fat celeb gets 'caught' by the paparazzi excercising in park in unflattering lycra, fat celeb disappears for 8 weeks, thin celeb releases fitness DVD and says "I can't believe how fat I looked when I was excercising in the park and the paps caught me, it was just the wake-up call I needed".

It's disappointly predictable and I'd expect more from her because she seems like a canny lass

If she wants to lose weight fine, if she wants to release a fitness DVD fine, but this is SUCH a lame-ass annoying way to promote it.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Sep 29 2010, 05:43 PM
Post #125

Addict

QUOTE (Zoe @ Sep 29 2010, 04:42 PM) *
Fat celeb exercises in park, fat celeb gets 'caught' by the paparazzi excercising in park in unflattering lycra, fat celeb disappears for 8 weeks, thin celeb releases fitness DVD and says "I can't believe how fat I looked when I was excercising in the park and the paps caught me, it was just the wake-up call I needed".

It's disappointly predictable and I'd expect more from her because she seems like a canny lass

If she wants to lose weight fine, if she wants to release a fitness DVD fine, but this is SUCH a lame-ass annoying way to promote it.

It's attitudes like this that make women like Josie feel subconscious about themselves.

She's a stone and half overweight for the most part. She's tall so carries herself quite well. Sometimes, just sometimes, people who are in the media spotlight do things that ordinary people do every day. The difference is they get their picture taken. It's nothing to get annoyed about really.

Pointing out someone's figure/weight, however, is annoying.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Sep 29 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #126

Group Icon

Oh come on, you know I don't think she's fat. I'm a very similar size to her. If I was prancing about in Lycra in a park I'd look far worse.

She's the one buying into the 'fat celeb, thin celeb' mentality by her actions. The press/public obsession with female celebrities weight makes me want to puke. You literally cannot win, you're either gaunt and frail or bloated. Which is precicely why things like this annoy me.

My post was meant in the exact opposite way you took it. My flagrant overuse of the word 'fat' was meant to be obviously contentious/satirical

Like a bad joke, I've ruined it by explaining myself

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Nov 28 2010, 03:12 AM
Post #127

Addict

QUOTE (Zoe @ Sep 29 2010, 10:51 PM) *
Oh come on, you know I don't think she's fat. I'm a very similar size to her. If I was prancing about in Lycra in a park I'd look far worse.

She's the one buying into the 'fat celeb, thin celeb' mentality by her actions. The press/public obsession with female celebrities weight makes me want to puke. You literally cannot win, you're either gaunt and frail or bloated. Which is precicely why things like this annoy me.

My post was meant in the exact opposite way you took it. My flagrant overuse of the word 'fat' was meant to be obviously contentious/satirical

Like a bad joke, I've ruined it by explaining myself

Oops, only just seen this.

Ok, you got your satire a bit wrong, that's why I read it the way I did. No worries. I was actually after calming you down and saying not to bother yourself with such things but obviously it came across as a telling off. Anyway, we cool now? Yeah?

Cool.

Just to clear it up, though, Josie isn't releasing a fitness DVD. But she will be doing a feature in a magazine in the new year when she's reached her target of size 12.

Oh, and she and John James are still together. Fancy that. happy.gif

wink.gif

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Apr 5 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #128

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

Well, the subtitle of this thread is now wrong.

Media Guardian are saying that Channel 5 have confirmed Big Brother returns later this year.

+Quote Post
Shack
post Apr 6 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #129

Live And Let Pie

Member No.: 3,441

QUOTE (Everlong @ Apr 5 2011, 06:09 PM) *
Well, the subtitle of this thread is now wrong.

Media Guardian are saying that Channel 5 have confirmed Big Brother returns later this year.

And officially confirmed over the last 24 hours.

I just have a feeling that most of what remains will become less like Big Brother than ever before. Even the mooted hosts are slightly depressing. Myleene? Brian Dowling? Mrs Matt From Busted?

Brian would be the choice of those, I think they need a fan who's not afraid to be sarky AND enthusiastic to front it.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:44 AM