> Big Brother 2010, The End!
Zoe
post Aug 4 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #76

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,309

I actually thought Jo was incredibly insightful, and from JJJ's reaction I'd say they agreed.

She's like Trisha, or something

Be fair to her Kelly, she is in there with them, and you're still watching it through the filter of your TV no matter how much live feed you watch. It's still limited by which camera they choose to show you, no diary room footage and intermittent dialogue drop-outs.

I've barely seen it this week, so I'm well out of the loop.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Aug 4 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #77

Addict

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,423

Oh, I'm not saying that Jo wasn't being inciteful, just that Josie wasn't pretending to be ok with the situation. She is ok with the situation between her and John James. I won't go into the whole ins and outs of it, but it was a much longer conversation and the bit they showed was pretty much the one point Jo made that was relevent.

D'aahh, nevermind. You get one view from highlights, one view from live feed and one view from inside the house. You can't get all 3 at the same time.

This post has been edited by Wife Of Rolex: Aug 4 2010, 11:57 AM

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Aug 4 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #78

Group Icon

Unless you are God.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Aug 4 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #79

Addict

You been listening to Dave?

Glory.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Aug 6 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #80

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

Quite enjoyed the Dickens theme last night. Loved Corin getting into the (sexy) Scrooge character. Beginning to like Dave a bit. John James is turning into a bit of a dick. Sam is my most hated housemate since Marco. (actually that is unfair, I have despised plenty of housemates since Marco)

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Aug 6 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #81

Group Icon

Wasn't he horrible to Rachel?

I've gone right off him. When a group of people in Big Brother decide they're 'the cool gang' it never goes down well with the public. JJ+JJ+J think they're a bit too good for everyone else these days.

More Andrew, please!

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Aug 6 2010, 10:13 AM
Post #82

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 6 2010, 11:03 AM) *
More Andrew, please!

I loved his and Dave's Oliver Twist moment. I actually thought Dave was quite entertaining during the task.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Aug 6 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #83

Addict

QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 6 2010, 11:03 AM) *
Wasn't he horrible to Rachel?

I've gone right off him. When a group of people in Big Brother decide they're 'the cool gang' it never goes down well with the public. JJ+JJ+J think they're a bit too good for everyone else these days.

More Andrew, please!

See. This is what selective editing does. I'm obviously not going to convince you otherwise but they really really REALLY don't view themselves as "the cool gang". They never have.

They did a royal hachet job on John James in last night's highlights. True, he was pissed off about the task, but so was Rachel. They were both upset that they were going to be stuck in a room for 24 hours away from the house when one of them could be gone on Friday. They also neglected to show where Sam had a go at John James earlier, when he was griping about his outfit, that he had to do the task and work for the team. Later at the kitchen table, when Sam was moaning about eating the gruel, he switched Sam's words back on him. But because they only showed John James saying it after his rant in the Diary Room they made him look like a hypocrite.

I honestly don't know what the producers and editors are playing at right now. They're just so keen to stick the knife in John James this week. Lose John James and they'll lose half the show. There's been loads of really nice sweet stuff between him and Josie this week and they've shown none of it. They're even starting to show Sam as a bit of a victim. He knows exactly what he's doing. It's particularly annoying as it's been a very good series so far, but since Sam's arrival it's gone a bit to shit.

And don't get me started on Jo. She's a prime shit stirrer and live feed vacumn. She says one inciteful sentence every now and then, but the rest is pure shite. They finally showed a bit of her bitching last night at the end, but she's been gunning for John James since Saturday. Maybe a bit before that actually. She's been whispering crap in Josie's hear and talking about him when he's not in the room to others. Everything she talks about is stuff she's seen on the highlights before going in. Sam, of all people, actually caught her out on Sunday night because she was giving him the moral highground speech about how JJJ's relationship is none of his business and he shouldn't keep asking about it. But he pointed out that, when he was probing John James about it in the bedroom on Saturday afternoon, Jo was grinning and laughing away and even high-fived him for asking the questions. She did a pathetic bit of backtracking saying she just respected Sam for having the guts to ask but that she wasn't interested in knowing what was going on. She bangs on about it all the time. Every time she bitches about John James she says, 'Oh I hope I'm not being portrayed as a bitch saying this, but..." She even looks around before she says anything and then whispering like a cackling witch. I would actually be prepared to keep Sam in another week if it meant getting Jo out the house next week.

Mario's lost the plot, Corin will walk on anyone to get to the final, Andrew pretty much gets better with every passing week, Rachel's just bowling along, JJ's going with the flow, Steve's done bugger all and Dave's actually been a great housemate for ages.

I'd happily like to see Andrew, JJJ, JJ and Dave on final night, with either Josie or Andrew winning. However, if John James goes tonight I may well not bother with the rest of the series.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Aug 9 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #84

Addict

Well, what a difference a couple of days makes.

Never thought I'd say this but Sam has actually settled in and engraciated himself into the group. Still throws out the odd line of course but he's massively calmed down since Thursday evening. When they showed him the clips of his likelihood of being nominated and talking about it in the Diary Room, it seemed to hit him just what it was about him that caused friction. He still doesn't care to the extent that he'll still share his opinion whatever, but he has a much better understanding of how some things his says cuts deeper than just throw away banter. John James telling him of Friday that that he understood him as he has friends like him really helped too. Now he knows someone gets him he's been a good boy over the weekend. Well, most of the time. He still deserves the odd clip round the ear occasionally. We'll be seeing a much softer side to him this week, I think. I hope so. Nice Sammy Pepper is so much better than Dickhead Sammy Pepper.

Jo's shitting herself because she's realised her bitching about John James not only hasn't worked but been both misinformed and unjustified. He hasn't said anything bad about her and she's been as nice as pie to his face. She's also tried the, 'Boo hoo, I want to go home," card to get sympathy and make them feel sorry for her so they don't nominate her. *yawn*

Oh, and poor Andrew and the watermelon. He'll never live that down. Especially as he wants to be a teacher. It could've been worse, though. They didn't show that he went on to say he'd also fucked a trifle, a hoover and a McDonalds apple pie. The best comments to this were:

JJ: "Warning. Very hot. Contents may burn while fucking."

Mario: "Do you think about fucking an apple with you're fucking a pear?"

Not shown, obviously, like much of the rest of the game.

Special nominations today. Won't give anything away, but let's just say they were done slightly different than usual. They've already taken place. Interesting results and totally showed up who was prepared to be upfront and who were too shit scared to say things outside the safety of the Diary Room. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Aug 11 2010, 03:06 PM
Post #85

Addict

Damn. He lasted 3 days of being actually quite a nice guy but Sam Pepper of old has made a slight return. He's started to act the bellend again. Being up for eviction seems to have hit a nerve just as the group were having a positive influence on him. If he doesn't learn his lesson now he'll look back on his experience in the house and have huge regrets if he ever finally grows up. He was making such progess, too. Oh Sammy you plank. rolleyes.gif

Two housemates have left the house today. But not what you might think. It's for the shopping task. The housemates have become "Horsemates." In pairs, they have become pantomime horses and since yesterday have gone a series of challenges to find the best horse. The loser of each round is knocked out of the competition and become a jockey instead. The winning horse will then go to Sandown racecourse this afternoon to take part in a pantomime horserace with other competitors. I already know who's won and they're on their way there now.

Still not happy with the way the highlights shows are editing John James and Josie's relationship. Last night's gave the impression they weren't even friends. Don't buy that portrayal. They're actually so loved up it's quite sickenly cute. No really. I know I'm a desperate romantic but these two really couldn't love each other more. The conversations they had last night were just...squeeeee. Not that they'll show any of it in the highlights tonight. None of the "I Love you Josie Gibson," or "I'm with my No.1 man," or "I'll love you forever, or "You nearly stuck your finger up my arse then," "That wasn't my finger."

They're for real. Don't believe the shitty highlights edits.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Aug 11 2010, 03:26 PM
Post #86

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

When it comes to BB romances, nothing matches that of those two a few years ago. You know, them. I can't remember their names.

They were both nuts, he was slightly unhinged, a right skinny little sod, she kinda dwarfed him. They were awesome.

I still haven't watched an episode of this series yet (only launch night). Might follow it in the last few weeks.

EDIT: Think the girl might have been called Becca actually.

This post has been edited by Everlong: Aug 11 2010, 03:35 PM

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Aug 11 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #87

Addict

QUOTE (Everlong @ Aug 11 2010, 04:26 PM) *
When it comes to BB romances, nothing matches that of those two a few years ago. You know, them. I can't remember their names.

They were both nuts, he was slightly unhinged, a right skinny little sod, she kinda dwarfed him. They were awesome.

I still haven't watched an episode of this series yet (only launch night). Might follow it in the last few weeks.

EDIT: Think the girl might have been called Becca actually.

Oh Luke and Bex. Yes, I loved them at the time and indeed for some time afterwards. They went out together for over a year. Then it went a bit...messy. Ended on bad terms. Luke now has his own radio show on Bolton FM and Bex does the odd stint on a phone in sex channel. True.

If you have the stomach, you can catch up on the whole series here:

Big Brother 11 UK

John James and Josie are by far the best romance BB has ever had. It's just such a shame they've butchered it in the edit and it won't be remembered as such.

Damn them!

This post has been edited by Wife Of Rolex: Aug 11 2010, 04:20 PM

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Aug 11 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #88

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

Ah Luke and Bex! That be them.

I think I'll start with big brother again tonight. Sort of get up to speed. I've definitely not had the time to look at the live feed. This is definitely my least watched BB. Shame really, it being the final one.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Aug 12 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #89

Group Icon

Still not buying it, less so now to be honest

I know there's editing involved, but they haven't staged some of the monumentally awkward moments we've seen over the past couple of weeks. They still happened, even if they've chosen to 'highlight' them. Still, I have pretty much zoned out since I've missed so much recently through being busy. I think I've seen one episode in the last seven days. It's been far from a vintage year, bar a couple of episodes.

I am really looking forward to the ultimate housemate showdown *crosses fingers for Nikki and Charley*

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Aug 12 2010, 08:10 AM
Post #90

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

QUOTE (Everlong @ Aug 11 2010, 07:41 PM) *
Ah Luke and Bex! That be them.

God I fucking hated them.

My fave romance, off the top of my head, was Chantelle & Ziggy. Not because I wanted to see those crazy kids fall in love, but because it had everything right down to the cliched "it's not me it's you line". I like Chantelle. She had some of my favourite Diary Room tantrums

I hope Charley returns, but only if she is utterly humiliated.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:49 PM