Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Community Thread, Up to US speed, so yes, there are spoilers
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Mar 25 2011, 04:52 PM
Post #46

We gotta make the planet safe for the kiddies

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,367

I like how brave the show is becoming. That was an outstanding episode.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Mar 28 2011, 09:18 AM
Post #47

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (maian @ Mar 25 2011, 03:06 PM) *
Really great episode this week.

For me, one of the weakest ever.

+Quote Post
Sean of the Dead
post Mar 28 2011, 05:11 PM
Post #48

Conscience gets expensive, doesn't it?

Member No.: 2,924

I liked it and thought Mr Ayoade did a good job of directing it.

+Quote Post
logger
post Mar 28 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #49

Guests

Was that the Ayoade one?

edit:
Obviously that was rhetorical seeing as you just said it was. Must remember not to post whatever crosses my mind.

This post has been edited by logger: Mar 28 2011, 08:20 PM

+Quote Post
maian
post Mar 28 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #50

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

QUOTE (Sostie @ Mar 28 2011, 10:18 AM) *
For me, one of the weakest ever.

This has just made me wonder what everyone's least favourite episodes are. It's not something that fans of a show tend to do, but I think it's interesting in terms of what people think make the show good and what make it bad.

For me, it's "The Art of Discourse", aka, The Schmitty episode, which I find incredibly embarassing and unfunny. It doesn't help that it comes between Contemporary American Poultry and Modern Warfare, which are two of the highlights of season 1.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Mar 28 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #51

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (maian @ Mar 28 2011, 10:48 PM) *
This has just made me wonder what everyone's least favourite episodes are. It's not something that fans of a show tend to do, but I think it's interesting in terms of what people think make the show good and what make it bad.

For me, it's "The Art of Discourse", aka, The Schmitty episode, which I find incredibly embarassing and unfunny. It doesn't help that it comes between Contemporary American Poultry and Modern Warfare, which are two of the highlights of season 1.

I couldn't think of a least favourite until you mentioned that one and I agree it's my least favourite episode for exactly those reasons. Although it does have the amazing Troy and Abed subplot about doing all of the typical college things.

+Quote Post
maian
post Mar 28 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #52

Bully for you

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Mar 29 2011, 12:13 AM) *
I couldn't think of a least favourite until you mentioned that one and I agree it's my least favourite episode for exactly those reasons. Although it does have the amazing Troy and Abed subplot about doing all of the typical college things.

I'd forgotten that part of the episode. I guess it's indicative of how much the rest doesn't work for me that a little sidenote like that is far, far preferable to the A-plot. I don't think there's been an out and out bad episode yet, or at least I can't think of one, since they usually include some really good stuff around the margins, but that one is painfully light on funny stuff.

Having said that, I do like the bit when Chevy Chase says something to the effect of "Why are Jeff and Britta making fun of those mentally handicapped kids?"

This post has been edited by maian: Mar 28 2011, 11:28 PM

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Mar 28 2011, 11:32 PM
Post #53

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

I've only seen about the first five episodes of 'Community' (because I keep forgetting that 'Viva' exists); but does anyone else prefer Joel McHale being himself on that there American version of TV Burp?

I'm always very impressed with 'The Soup' (whenever I remember that 'E' exists).

+Quote Post
maian
post Mar 28 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #54

Bully for you

He isn't a particularly likable character in the early going, and I found him a bit hard to warm to when I started watching it, but he's really grown as the show has gone on, largely because the show stopped treating him as the star and instead made him part of the ensemble. He seems more comfortable there.

I've liked The Soup on the few occasions that I have seen it. It's probably more geared to his strengths than Community, but he has been doing it for longer.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Mar 28 2011, 11:44 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

I certainly wouldn't be adverse to watching more 'Community', but seriously what number channel is Viva even on? I so rarely browse above 147. Joel McHale is wonderful, though.

I would start an 'Eastbound and Down' thread, but I wouldn't be able to read it until series 2 came out on region 2 DVD.

+Quote Post
maian
post Mar 28 2011, 11:47 PM
Post #56

Bully for you

At least once Season 3 comes out everyone would have the whole story available. Not like these open-ended shows which can go for seven or eight years. Three and done is how Kenny Powers rolls.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Mar 28 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

QUOTE (maian @ Mar 29 2011, 12:47 AM) *
At least once Season 3 comes out everyone would have the whole story available. Not like these open-ended shows which can go for seven or eight years. Three and done is how Kenny Powers rolls.

Is that true?

I really want to catch up with series two now. That first series was pretty much perfect - and British sitcom in length.

Ed, you should probably just PM me about the conclusive nature of 'Eastbound and Down', or put the reply in another thread because I already feel bad about sullying this thread. (no series two spoilers please) [/sorry for derailing the thread]

+Quote Post
logger
post Mar 29 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #58

Guests

QUOTE (maian @ Mar 28 2011, 11:48 PM) *

I don't mind that episode, if only for the hollowness of Jeff and Britta's victory and Pierce wondering why they're making fun of handicapped kids.

QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 29 2011, 12:44 AM) *
I would start an 'Eastbound and Down' thread, but I wouldn't be able to read it until series 2 came out on region 2 DVD.

It's already been shown once on FX over here and seems to be being repeated constantly now. Kenny has cornrows in the first episode, just so you'll know where to start.

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Apr 15 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #59

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

My twitter and Facebook feeds were full of quotes from last night's episode. I think my favourite was:

"Your homework is to drink a glass of cognac, in a bathtub."

+Quote Post
maian
post Apr 15 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #60

Bully for you

I enjoyed the return of Kevin Corrigan as the acting teacher. He wasn't as crazy as the first time, but then again he wasn't trying to maintain an elaborate fake conspiracy so that's only understandable. It's always nice to see Stephen Tobolowsky, too.

I liked this episode but thought it was a bit lightweight and seemed to cover a lot of ground that they have before. There didn't really seem to be any of the emotional pull that the show usually does so well. On the other hand, it was pretty funny so it all evens out.

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:29 AM