> Skyrim, Adventures in the land of the Nords
Silky
post Dec 30 2011, 01:03 AM
Post #1

Coin Operated Boy

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,112

Just to stop the bleeding arguments.
Talk about your latest exploits in Tamriel.
So, anyone taken an arrow to the knee lately?

EDIT - Just a quick note. Yes we have a shiny new Skyrim thread, but please do still spoiler tag major spoilers for quest lines.
Don't worry about minor ones really.
I'm sure you all will anyway.

This post has been edited by Silky: Dec 30 2011, 01:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Dec 30 2011, 01:12 AM
Post #2

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 30 2011, 01:03 AM) *
So, anyone taken an arrow to the knee lately?

No, but I did have an icicle going clean through my head once. It remained even after re-loading the game at a later date. No idea when it eventually did disappear, as I play in first-person and just happened to notice it when I wanted to check out my armor. It was there for several hours though, including numerous fast-travels, sleeping, and so on.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Dec 30 2011, 01:43 AM
Post #3

Coin Operated Boy

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 30 2011, 01:12 AM) *
No, but I did have an icicle going clean through my head once. It remained even after re-loading the game at a later date. No idea when it eventually did disappear, as I play in first-person and just happened to notice it when I wanted to check out my armor. It was there for several hours though, including numerous fast-travels, sleeping, and so on.

Ouchie. sad.gif

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Dec 30 2011, 01:47 AM
Post #4

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

I just managed to hit lvl 30 on my new character, a female Khajit sneak thief / assassin type that I have worked out a backstory for in my head as I've been playing. I've not even been to see the blokes up on their mountain yet. That's how quickly you can level if you're a kleptomaniac and sneak everywhere while pickpocketing everything all the people you meet own. In facxt, I don't think I've managed any major questing outside of that first dragon kill outside Whiterun.

This post has been edited by NiteFall: Dec 30 2011, 01:48 AM

+Quote Post
Ade
post Dec 30 2011, 01:50 AM
Post #5

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 30 2011, 01:43 AM) *
Ouchie. sad.gif

Hey, why the sad.gif face, man? Clearly it wasn't Death By Icicle, and he was perfectly able to sleep, travel and function in general, until the darn thing had melted. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Silky
post Dec 30 2011, 01:51 AM
Post #6

Coin Operated Boy

I have to say I am rather enjoying my magic based character. I do miss some of the spells from Morrowind and Oblivion though.

QUOTE (Ade @ Dec 30 2011, 01:50 AM) *
Hey, why the sad.gif face, man? Clearly it wasn't Death By Icicle, and he was perfectly able to sleep, travel and function in general, until the darn thing had melted. biggrin.gif

Think of the brain freeze man.

This post has been edited by Silky: Dec 30 2011, 01:51 AM

+Quote Post
Ade
post Dec 30 2011, 01:55 AM
Post #7

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...

QUOTE (Silky @ Dec 30 2011, 01:51 AM) *
Think of the brain freeze man.

biggrin.gif

Alternately, I don't want to think of the Brain Freeze Man. He's scary, man... gives me the shivers.

And for some reason I hear the words "The Brain Freeze Maaaaaan..." in Grampa Simpsons voice. In my mind.

eta: sorry, I realise that has BUGGER ALL to do with Skyrim. As you were.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Dec 30 2011, 01:57 AM
Post #8

Coin Operated Boy

QUOTE (Ade @ Dec 30 2011, 01:55 AM) *
biggrin.gif

Alternately, I don't want to think of the Brain Freeze Man. He's scary, man... gives me the shivers.

And for some reason I hear the words "The Brain Freeze Maaaaaan..." in Grampa Simpsons voice. In my mind.

And I pictured the Judderman.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Dec 30 2011, 01:59 AM
Post #9

Ade Flanders

I like a good judder.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Dec 30 2011, 12:08 PM
Post #10

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

I'm talking to the Greybeards at the moment. Glad I've followed the main quest to this point as you learn words/shouts.
I think I'll strike out in my own when I'm done here though, I think I'll go to the mage guild next.

I'm really enjoying the game, it's just funny how bears/trolls give me more trouble than dragons so far XD

+Quote Post
Silky
post Dec 30 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #11

Coin Operated Boy

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 30 2011, 12:08 PM) *
I'm talking to the Greybeards at the moment. Glad I've followed the main quest to this point as you learn words/shouts.
I think I'll strike out in my own when I'm done here though, I think I'll go to the mage guild next.

I'm really enjoying the game, it's just funny how bears/trolls give me more trouble than dragons so far XD

I often lure Dragons towards giants at lower levels. Let both sides do all the hard work while I run around avoiding them both then pick off the winner.
I did once loose a dragon kill to a mudcrab that way though.
Thank god the crab didn't absorb the dragon soul.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Dec 30 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #12

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

I had a dragon attack Solitude the other day, which was cool. Now there's a huge dragon skeleton right in the courtyard of the Blue Palace.

Anyone else playing Wood Elf? Also, I just started doing more of the main quest, I enjoyed talking to the dragon at the top of the grey beards' mountain, he is cool. Though I did get a bit annoyed with the amount he kept using the dragon language and then following it up with English... just say the English!

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Dec 30 2011, 03:03 PM
Post #13

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

My first game was a plain old Nord, then after I lost that save, I restarted as a Khajiit.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Dec 30 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #14

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 30 2011, 12:08 PM) *

That's what I ended up doing, by deciding to wander around and stumbling across the Mage's Guild by accident.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Dec 30 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #15

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

So, I discovered that the easiest way to level sneak is by sneak-attacking and killing people. I then discovered a place where a guard respawns every day where I can sneak up on him and stab him in the back for x15 damage with my shiny glass daggers insta-killing him. there is now a huge pile of dead guards and every so often the guard on duty will look at them and go "I'm going to find whoever did this!", generally just before I sneak up on them and add them to the pile. laugh.gif

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:39 PM