monkeyman
post Jan 5 2012, 12:33 AM
Post #61

Serenity.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 5 2012, 12:27 AM) *
BIG ASS SPOILER RIGHT HERE REGARDING POTENTIAL ALLEGIANCE OPTIONS
If you choose not to side with either and progress with the main story you will get to a point where diplomacy becomes an option. I had a similar feeling about the Stormcloaks being short sighted racists while the Empire are culture crushing tyrants and didn't want to side with either. Give me the chance to take out the top brass on both sides I say, let the Jarls rule their realms without outside influence.

I've not read your spoiler, glad its not just me that felt that way.
Think I'll try talking to more people to see why happens.

Me and the noble villagers of Riverwood took down a blood dragon today, he didn't seem any tougher than other dragons. Marked for Death really softens them up! Got a nice finishing execution/cut scene too

Do dragon skeletons stay forever? I like the thought of seeing the bones whenever I enter Riverwood XD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jan 5 2012, 12:41 AM
Post #62

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Oh, one thing to remember about skills / levelling is that only skills that are increasing will increase your level. I know it seems a bit obvious, but what that basically means is that maxed out skills won't help you to gain a character level, no matter how much you use them. Fortunately by the time you reach that kind of level things like bandits and wolves become such pushovers you can equip your shield / armour / magic that you've not used and let them hit you tons / block them / alternately set fire to them then heal them until your unused skills have improved some.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 5 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #63

Serenity.

A dragons corpse keeps randomly spawning in places. It's not been killed by villagers/monsters, it's still intact, holds no items and doesn't dissolve and give me a soul. Very odd :/

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jan 5 2012, 11:52 PM
Post #64

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

That is a bit odd, since the first patch all of those disappeared for me sadly. I still miss them.

I'm struggling to motivate myself for the Thieves Guild, the missions just aren't grabbing me. Fact is, I've owned an Elder Scroll and can shout things off cliffs, pinching a few bits and pieces isn't really going to keep my interest. I think I might ditch them and go kill people for the Brotherhood instead.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jan 6 2012, 08:35 AM
Post #65

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

Does anyone know if there's any reward for doing the Thieves Guild side-quests? The little jobs you get from Delvin and such? I've done a few Numbers Jobs but it seems like they could just go on indefinitely.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 6 2012, 08:55 AM
Post #66

Serenity.

QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 5 2012, 11:52 PM) *
That is a bit odd, since the first patch all of those disappeared for me sadly. I still miss them.

I'm struggling to motivate myself for the Thieves Guild, the missions just aren't grabbing me. Fact is, I've owned an Elder Scroll and can shout things off cliffs, pinching a few bits and pieces isn't really going to keep my interest. I think I might ditch them and go kill people for the Brotherhood instead.

What's strange though is its not the skeleton of a dragon, it's an actual corpse. It's now sitting in Winterhold.
I was really sad to see the dragon bones disappear after a while sad.gif

I've been playing for 30 hours and not come across a Dwarven ruin yet, think I might search one out tonight to get materials to improve my weapons and mebbe some armour.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jan 6 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #67

When doves cry

QUOTE (Llama @ Jan 6 2012, 08:35 AM) *
Does anyone know if there's any reward for doing the Thieves Guild side-quests? The little jobs you get from Delvin and such? I've done a few Numbers Jobs but it seems like they could just go on indefinitely.

This is what I've been referring to whenever I've mentioned the those tasks previously. Pulled from the Skyrim wiki, it explains the purpose of those tasks -
After performing five total Small Jobs in a city (this may take a while since the jobs are in random cities, although it may be a time saver to quit jobs that are in the city/cities that you have already done Special jobs in), Delvin will offer that city's special job. In order to restore the Thieves' Guild to its former glory and assume the title of Guildmaster, you must perform these four special jobs. Each Special Job will add to the total gold of all fences in Skyrim, up to the maximum of 4000! As it will also add shops to the Ragged Flagon after each one. Once all special jobs are complete, speak to Brynjolf to be officially named Guild Master.
Imitation Amnesty. Whiterun. Unlocks an additional fence.
Summerset Shadows. Windhelm. Unlocks an additional fence.
Silver Lining. Markath. Unlocks an additional fence.
The Dainty Sload. Solitude.

Short version - you've got to do a ton of them to get the achievement/trophy for restoring the guild to glory.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 6 2012, 08:55 AM) *
I've been playing for 30 hours and not come across a Dwarven ruin yet, think I might search one out tonight to get materials to improve my weapons and mebbe some armour.

A word of warning, brace yourself to be in any Dwemmer ruin for a decent amount longer than any other type of dungeon.
I can't wait till you and others get through the main quest so we can discuss one area in particular.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 6 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #68

Serenity.

Thanks for the heads up, I always clear my inventory after I've been in a cave etc and have Falenar to hold excess shit.
I think actually after I've gotten Azuras star I'll look into power levelling smithing some more. I discovered last night you don't even need iron for it. I'll also look into beating enchanting up too...though powering them up Is going to unbalance my level difficulty I imagine.....having said that; nothing but bears have any chance of killing me so I'm fine with that.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jan 6 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #69

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 6 2012, 10:32 AM) *
This is what I've been referring to whenever I've mentioned the those tasks previously. Pulled from the Skyrim wiki, it explains the purpose of those tasks -

Short version - you've got to do a ton of them to get the achievement/trophy for restoring the guild to glory.

Ahh, thanks! I think I could manage that... It does sort of sound worth it.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jan 6 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #70

Invader.

I just installed a brilliant little mod that allows you to melt down unused weapons and armour for smithing resources and make arrows. No more getting 1-2 Daedric arrows at a time, thanks to my pack-rat like ways I now have 300 of them!

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jan 6 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #71

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 5 2012, 12:27 AM) *
BIG ASS SPOILER RIGHT HERE REGARDING POTENTIAL ALLEGIANCE OPTIONS
If you choose not to side with either and progress with the main story you will get to a point where diplomacy becomes an option.

Yup, was surprising considering both sides were pretty much normally going to kill each other on sight beforehand.

This post has been edited by Everlong: Jan 6 2012, 08:04 PM

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jan 7 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #72

When doves cry

How would you like all the books from Skyrim on your phone? Download the EPUB file on that page to your phone, chuck it in an e-reader program and you're away. My bus rides will be exponentially more geeky from here on out.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jan 7 2012, 03:08 PM
Post #73

Invader.

Eden, does that invlude all the volumes of The Lusty Argonian Maid? ^_^

Best skyrim mod of them all! The modding community can give up now, they have reached the pinnacle of their art.

This post has been edited by NiteFall: Jan 7 2012, 03:09 PM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 7 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #74

Serenity.

I chuckled XD

I hit 100 in Smithing, made a (legendary) Dragon plate armour set + shield for me and a (legendary) Dragon scale set for Feralden; he won't wear the boots though which is annoying :/

If I get a chance to play tonight I should hit 100 in Enchanting biggrin.gif. I was happy to see there's a perk to enable you to put 2 effects on each item.
I think I can get close to free destruction magic, and very high spell absorption.

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Jan 7 2012, 06:18 PM

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jan 7 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #75

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 7 2012, 03:08 PM) *
Eden, does that invlude all the volumes of The Lusty Argonian Maid? ^_^

Best skyrim mod of them all! The modding community can give up now, they have reached the pinnacle of their art.

Amazing.

And duly shared on Facebook (cheers!)

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 02:34 AM