IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pegg, Frost, Coldplay support Fair Trade, "Fair Play" - Astoria, Tues 29 October
NickLee
post Oct 28 2002, 03:12 PM
Post #1

The Bloke in Charge

Group: Moderator Emeritus
Member No.: 2

As Spaced Out reported earlier this month, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost will be appearing at London's Astoria tomorrow night.
They will be appearing alongside Chris Martin and Jonny Buckland of Coldplay, as well as Noel Gallagher, at the concert in support of Oxfam's Fair Trade campaign.
Tickets, if any are left, are available for £20 apiece, plus booking fees, online.
The festival was organised by Glastonbury's Emily Eavis after she visited coffee farmers alongside Chris Martin for Oxfam. Reads the press release: "Itís indoors, itís in London, and you wonít be allowed to camp or light any fires, but it will still have the same spirit as the summer festival, with street magicians and other bizarre performers mingling with the crowd, a chance to contribute to Oxfamís Big Noise, and entertainment provided by comedians, DJs and of course a wide variety of bands."
As well as the announced acts (including Coldplay, Idlewild, Ms Dynamite, South and Lamb) there will be some "extra special surprises" as well as Messrs. Pegg and Frost entertaining audiences.
For more information about the Fair Trade campaign, you can visit the Make Trade Fair website at maketradefair.com.
Doors open at 7pm, and it will finish sometime around 2am. Over-18s only.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Radioactive_leprechaun
post Oct 28 2002, 05:34 PM
Post #2

Guests

If I weren't 200 miles away, 2 years too young and completely broke I'd definately be going wink.gif

+Quote Post
james@title-research.co.uk
post Oct 30 2002, 03:34 PM
Post #3

Guests

Went last night!

It truly superb!  Chris Martin and Noel Gallagher duetting was fantastic!  Miss Dynamite and Chris Martin too - just as good.
Noel was on top form!

If anyone knows where I can get hold of a recording of the gig I'd really appreciate it.  Definitely a special night.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 09:21 PM