Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shaun of the Dead goes into Production, Fans can be extras in Zombie Movie
jim
post May 13 2003, 04:29 PM
Post #46

Guests

Hey guys - i'm a newbie - but a newbie who spent all of yesterday caked from head to toe in a bad 70s outfit, tonnes of grease paint and sticky sugary blood, pretty much from the nose down.

I spent most of the day scaring school girls and waiting to be used, shivering in the cold. Luckily we had blankets and the make-up girls would huddle in tight with us to keep us warm smile.gif

Then, at around 6 - bang - action - the two 'romero' zombies (me and this other fan - Nick his name was - go head into the middle of the street and chase Simon and Nick (is that right?) in their car - ace wink.gif

I had the funniest day ever, the crew were brilliant, and i noticed a little buzz going round the set - everyone is pretty sure this is going to be a winner...

i still can't get the grey greasepaint of my arms though :/

This post has been edited by jim: May 13 2003, 04:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pawnstarr
post May 13 2003, 09:35 PM
Post #47

Guests

QUOTE (Downsy @ May 13 2003, 10:41 AM)
Worth a try, there should be an e-mail address further back in this thread

Can't lose anything by trying smile.gif

Cheers Downsy..... it has been done! happy.gif

+Quote Post
sarah l
post May 15 2003, 12:41 PM
Post #48

Guests

Like blueduck I live just off Weston Park and was already a massive Spaced fan; v. excited when I found out all the location stuff was for "Shaun of the Dead". However, have totally failed to see any zombies at all - last night I walked down Ferme Park Road at 6ish but everyone seemed to be packing up. Can anyone give me any hints on when would be a good time for zombie spotting?! I see they're using the greengrocers as location next Monday (they've very proudly displayed a notice about it at the till!) but wondered what other wonderful Crouch End sights we can expect to see?

Hope to hear from zombies and non-zombies alike!

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jimski
post May 16 2003, 12:10 PM
Post #49

Guests

Did my first days shooting on Tuesday (Mount Pleasant). We were standing around most of the day so I'd imagine anytime would be fine to see the undead.

I should add that although we were all made up only the close up guy wore the full contacts, prosthetics etc and he wasn't brought on until needed.

We had 'minimal' make up so looked relatively normal (for a Tuesday) so there wasn't a lot to see really. Watching film crews setup and take down is also pretty dull.

+Quote Post
icklepickle
post May 16 2003, 04:17 PM
Post #50

Guests

QUOTE (Jimski @ May 16 2003, 12:10 PM)
Did my first days shooting on Tuesday (Mount Pleasant). We were standing around most of the day so I'd imagine anytime would be fine to see the undead.

I should add that although we were all made up only the close up guy wore the full contacts, prosthetics etc and he wasn't brought on until needed.

We had 'minimal' make up so looked relatively normal (for a Tuesday) so there wasn't a lot to see really. Watching film crews setup and take down is also pretty dull.

I'm sorry but which Mount Pleasent is that? Please tell me it's the one that's near Clerkenwell.. then I can pop up at lunch cause I work just round the corner! I'm sure it will be somewhere in North London though.. let me check streetmap.co.uk.. will they be filming there again?

+Quote Post
djcaucasian
post May 17 2003, 09:02 AM
Post #51

Guests

Last night I had to be choreographed in nodding my head 8 times, looking towards the sky and looking at my watch. Oh, and I had to walk as well. And do it in time to music! What next? Drinking and smoking? It's so gruelling. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jimski
post May 17 2003, 09:04 AM
Post #52

Guests

Highly unlikely that the location will be re-visited unless a reshoot is required.

Why don't you apply for a part? There's still people filtering in and you're local.

+Quote Post
Jimski
post May 17 2003, 09:06 AM
Post #53

Guests

p.s. to DJC - I was there too. S'amazing how easy it is to screw up counting to 8 isn't it?

+Quote Post
SpazzyPants
post May 18 2003, 03:28 PM
Post #54

Guests

biggrin.gif Hi its me, I_Wanna_Be_A_Zombie, back from the dead. Anyway, the name is poor I know, first thing that came into my head (lol). Anyways, James rang me, about a month too late, for a very important reason, I am a part of the so-called special 15, how cool is that? Don't know what's happening next, I go in on Wednesday 28th!

+Quote Post
icklepickle
post May 18 2003, 08:19 PM
Post #55

Guests

QUOTE (Jimski @ May 17 2003, 09:04 AM)
Highly unlikely that the location will be re-visited unless a reshoot is required.

Why don't you apply for a part? There's still people filtering in and you're local.

Oh yeah I am gonna be in the crowd zombie scenes, but if I had to take a day off for filming I wouldn't be local to it cause Mount Pleasant is where I work not where I live. I just thought I could pop up and watch in lunch time! It's practically 5 mins up the road...that's if it's the same mount pleasant... looking forward to the big zombie filming days though!

+Quote Post
JenerationX
post May 19 2003, 01:07 PM
Post #56

Guests

We had 'minimal' make up so looked relatively normal (

As normal as a bunch of people lurching blindly toward an unspecified distant object with blood-soaked hands can look.

And Gail, it is a Mount Pleasant "somewhere in north London", hun!

+Quote Post
djcaucasian
post May 19 2003, 01:20 PM
Post #57

Guests

How many Mount Pleasants are there in North London?

+Quote Post
Smart Arse Butler
post May 20 2003, 08:15 AM
Post #58

Guests

I've got to do my bit today, I've been asked to come looking cute and hot or something, which is baffling to say the least. Anyways, I'm sure to tell you all what happened later after a day of abuse and non payment from these gits. Still, it's not all bad, I get to look like a meerkat!

I'm a little delerious btw, so please ignore me....

+Quote Post
SpazzyPants
post May 20 2003, 04:00 PM
Post #59

Guests

Hi, just this minute got a call from James, he wants me to eat an ice cream man tomorrow! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Smart Arse Butler
post May 21 2003, 02:37 PM
Post #60

Guests

Ah ha, the ice cream thing, they wanted me to stay on for that but I said 'balls' because I was knackered from all my pampering and having my pubic area played with a stared at for hours on end. Today was really good actually, but thats cause I'm a tart that loves to be fawned over.....

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 09:39 AM