Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pegg presents SFX Awards 2003, ...and we have the photos to prove it
NickLee
post May 19 2003, 08:16 PM
Post #1

The Bloke in Charge

Group: Moderator Emeritus
Member No.: 2

'The Event' 2003, SFX magazine's annual Sci-Fi themed party saw a visit from Spaced's Simon Pegg when it was held this Saturday at London Dockland's Exel centre.
Pegg (pictured, right, at the event) appeared along with a raft of other celebrities at a ceremony to present the winners in the SFX annual Reader Awards.
Awards were in a variety of categories, including "The Minority Report Award for the person who should be stopped for committing future crimes", "Most Improved SF or Fantasy TV show", "Worst thing to happen to SF and Fantasy in 2002", as well as more predictable categories.
The host for the evening wasRed Dwarf's 'Rimmer', Chris Barrie, and other stars appearing at the event included Michael Rosenbaum, James Doohan, Robert Picardo, Alice Krige and Michelle Trachtenberg.
Photos from the event, and the results of the Awards, will be in issue 106 of SFX magazine, due out on 18 June.

Image and with thanks to Charlie Pritchard.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Punch Drunk Monkey
post May 19 2003, 10:27 PM
Post #2

Guests

Surely it would be in the issue after next. I imagine that those that are going to go on sale would've already been printed before the weekend's hooplah.

If it is in the new issue it'll be one helluva turn around, that's all I can say. Maybe they got a Mr T. Anderson to help them out. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Pal
post May 19 2003, 10:42 PM
Post #3

Guests

It'll be issue 106 out on 18 June. Issue 105 arrived in Forbidden Planet on Saturday.

+Quote Post
NickLee
post May 20 2003, 07:39 PM
Post #4

The Bloke in Charge

Group: Moderator Emeritus
Member No.: 2

cheers chaps - I've altered it as appropriate.

--N

+Quote Post
Pal
post Jun 16 2003, 10:19 PM
Post #5

Guests

I got issue 106 of SFX from Forbidden Planet today. It has the report on the SFX Event but as far as I can see there is no mention of Simon. sad.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 02:35 PM