IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shaun Of The Dead - Music From The Motion Picture, Songs For Bat Swinging Lovers
Edgar Wright
post Mar 23 2004, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Guests

Shaun Of The Dead : Music From The Motion Picture

Forget the film, the mighty Shaun Of The Dead OST arrives in shops the Monday after the film opens - April 12th - and is a little treat in itself.

New and exclusive tracks from Ash and Chris Martin, a never-officially released classic from Lemon Jelly, Kid Koala remixing the Gonk (the supermarket musak) from the original Dawn Of The Dead, plus a great Osymyso soundclash of Goblin's Zombi and Zombie Nation's KernKraft 400.

There's also generous portions of Queen, The Specials, The Smiths, I-Monster, The 80's Matchbox B-Line Disaster and seminal electro classics from Man Parrish and Grandmaster Flash.

Add in the dark and moody synth score from former Sons Of Silence members - Dan Mudford and Pete Woodhead (which includes the full version of Fizzy Legs - an as yet still unreleased choon from Spaced Series 2) and snippets of dialogue all mixed together from the film by Osymyso - and you get a nifty little companion to the film itself.

It also contains dialogue not featured in the finished film, vocal cameos by Mark Gatiss, Robert Popper and Julia Davies and a hidden track featuring a former pop-playing children's TV presenter...

Hope you all enjoy...

Must dash, but details of a zombie-only preview are to follow, along with a Q&A session on the board with me and the Peggster.

A bientot

Edgar Howard Wright Jnr

www.romzom.com

p.s. New trailer up Thursday...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Baz
post Mar 23 2004, 11:59 AM
Post #2

Guests

Are we going to see any lovely pics of the cover art?, or are we going to have to wait? Also will it come with a booklet full of lovely pictures?

I don't ask for much, honest. wink.gif

P.S
Well i do ask for much, but that's mainly just food for my ever growing stomach.

*GRUMBLE*

Ooo, cake smile.gif

+Quote Post
grave_robin
post Mar 23 2004, 12:03 PM
Post #3

Guests

New and exclusive tracks from Ash and Chris Martin, a never-officially released classic from Lemon Jelly, Kid Koala remixing the Gonk (the supermarket musak) from the original Dawn Of The Dead, plus a great Osymyso soundclash of Goblin's Zombi and Zombie Nation's KernKraft 400.

There's also generous portions of Queen, The Specials, The Smiths, I-Monster, The 80's Matchbox B-Line Disaster and seminal electro classics from Man Parrish and Grandmaster Flash.

WOW! This is gonna be one cool CD! Cant wait! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Baz
post Mar 23 2004, 12:18 PM
Post #4

Guests

Damn that naughty Play.com. wink.gif

You can Pre-order the OST from them for 11.99 delivered!

Click me

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nyami
post Mar 23 2004, 12:48 PM
Post #5

Guests

There is a preview of the sound track on www.romzom.com with short samples of some of the tunes... and there are a few hidden ones too... i've found 2 hidden tracks so far.. damn i cant wait for the film and sound track to come out...

Nyami...
ps the hidden tracks i have found are:
112 and 666

+Quote Post
lewismoo
post Mar 23 2004, 02:11 PM
Post #6

Guests

how about a spaced series 2 soundtrack?!:P

+Quote Post
simonm
post Mar 23 2004, 02:14 PM
Post #7

Guests

There are 6 bonus tracks to find in total

+Quote Post
midge
post Mar 23 2004, 02:14 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (lewismoo @ Mar 23 2004, 02:11 PM)
how about a spaced series 2 soundtrack?!:P

Seconded... My series one CD has been hammered*

*by hammered i mean played quite a bit, not actually hammered.That would be a waste.

+Quote Post
grave_robin
post Mar 23 2004, 02:19 PM
Post #9

Guests

Well, because of the poor sales figures for S1 soundtrack, the second is highly unlikely apparently. Still, you never know.

+Quote Post
midge
post Mar 23 2004, 02:21 PM
Post #10

Guests

Has anyone made an *cough* "unoffical" *cough* one from the music listing on the website?

+Quote Post
grave_robin
post Mar 23 2004, 02:29 PM
Post #11

Guests

*hands midge a lozenge*

I'm positive someone here attempted that some time ago, they may not even be around anymore. You might want to do a "heads up" in this thread. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Mar 23 2004, 03:05 PM
Post #12

Guests

Tarantino can stick his eclectic soundtracks back in his dusty recordbox and behold the magnificence of the Shaun of the Dead soundtrack! Or something... huh.gif

+Quote Post
rebelstar
post Mar 23 2004, 03:28 PM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE (midge @ Mar 23 2004, 02:21 PM)
Has anyone made an *cough* "unoffical" *cough* one from the music listing on the website?

Oh yes - and cracking it is too. I don't think there's much chance of an official soundtrack, since it's been a while since the second series was first broadcast and, as grave_robin said, the S1 soundtrack didn't sell all that well, unfortunately. I blame Prefab Sprout myself. wink.gif

+Quote Post
ronlogan1977
post Mar 23 2004, 03:30 PM
Post #14

Guests

I have most of the tunes from S2 except the Sons of Silence stuff.

Looking forward to the new Lemon Jelly tune.

+Quote Post
Theymademedoit
post Mar 23 2004, 05:52 PM
Post #15

Guests

Aye, not a bad li'l tune that, "Soft".

It was a DVD video only b-side on Lemon Jelly's recent-ish CD single "Nice Weather For Ducks".

It samples that "Oooo-ooo-ooo" bit from 'If You Leave Me Now' by Chicago,
in case you were interested...

And I can't wait for the soundtrack either - sounds a damn good blast from the website snippets.
And it includes that one from the trailer... Eeeeeyyyyyy!!!!

This post has been edited by Theymademedoit: Mar 23 2004, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:39 AM