Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spaced in the US, Begins tomorrow night
Downsy
post Sep 30 2004, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Standing on the shoulders of giants

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 35

Hi there! I thought I'd let you know that Spaced began airing again in the US this past Monday. It's airing on a channel called Trio. Trio is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns Bravo. Trio's official web site is: www.triotv.com
and their page for Spaced is: www.triotv.com/spaced.
Spaced airs weeknights from 10PM-11PM, and then is repeated from 1AM-2AM. According to their schedule, they will be airing it through October 1st. I believe it is airing here to coincide with the theatrical release of Shaun of The Dead.
Thanks go to Michael Wagner for the info
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
matta2k
post Oct 1 2004, 11:17 PM
Post #2

Guests

I just thought I'd mention that Trio has made some cuts to the show (beyond eliminating the profanity) so any US fans should still try to import the DVDs if they can.

I haven't watched very many of the Trio-broadcast episodes, but two big cuts I've seen so far were in "Dissolution" (the cake throwing--they cut away to the street scene right after Tim threw cake in Daisy's face) and "Leaves" (the WORST!--they cut the ending off after Mike gave Sophie Tim's letter, so no Brian, Twist, Mike or Marsha).

Because the (FULL) ending is such a classic one, I made video clips of it, so the US viewers could see what they missed. I don't know this forum's policy about posting links to copyrighted material like this--even if the purpose is an altruistic one--so I'll put a link to my own home page where I have links to the clips. Okay?

http://www.paperstreetprod.com/forums/inde...p?showtopic=795

-- Matt

+Quote Post
LivingCorpseCom
post Oct 1 2004, 11:31 PM
Post #3

Guests

Wow, that was a massive cut! Thanks for posting that, Matt. You rock.

JK

+Quote Post
Baz
post Oct 2 2004, 11:52 AM
Post #4

Crumpet?

Member No.: 2,244

My god, why? Why do they have to cut so much out, and especially in the last episode, a big part of the story??? wacko.gif

+Quote Post
Raven
post Oct 2 2004, 01:32 PM
Post #5

Space Cowboy

Member No.: 2,262

Cripes! That's like letting Rolf Harris restore a Turner!

+Quote Post
bluecastle7
post Oct 2 2004, 08:01 PM
Post #6

Guests

Yes, I've been watching them on Trio, two eps play from 7-8 and then repeat at 10-11. They are intro'd as being from "The Makers of Shaun of the Dead" and much of the commercial breaks include a spot for the film.

The edits are extensive and remove some of the show's running gags and classic moments. They played "Change" the other night and right after Tim uttered the classic "Babylon5 is a big pile of ____!" line it skipped right over Tim and Bilbo's Happy Dance! Blasphemy! The music played over Tim and Mike's conversation and Daisy in the Bookshop endcredits.

Hard to complain though, great to see Spaced playing in the States! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
getonthebusray
post Oct 2 2004, 09:59 PM
Post #7

Guests

I have to say that the worst moment was when I realised Mike's Chewbacca yawn is gone. To make matters worse, the end credits with Tim & Daisy looking out the window is in fact the *only* 'Star Wars' scene reference. Then credits play with the 'Star Wars' end title, and everyone watching is probably thinking that this sudden reference came straight out of precisely nowhere.

Ah, me, I guess I shouldn't complain too much - this is my first post here since the forum returned, so nonetheless, I do a happy dance. smile.gif

+Quote Post
EasyMark
post Oct 2 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #8

Two Pinter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,320

Freakin American tv. Most of it is total crap, written for the lowest common denominator. When a good show does show up, it's either cancelled by ignorant tv executives or (in the case of imported tv) edited all to hell.

Sigh... sad.gif

+Quote Post
josef
post Oct 3 2004, 06:35 AM
Post #9

Guests

noooooo.....
i thought Bravo had the rights to it. like, who gets Trio :\

+Quote Post
bluecastle7
post Oct 3 2004, 03:46 PM
Post #10

Guests

Well the good news is alot of people! With comcast and direct tv doing their best to infiltrate every American home offering highspeed internet, cable channels, and movie titles on demand, many people should get their chance to see Spaced on Trio which is part of the standard package. ("Yaaayyy!")

While edited, Spaced is certainly being given prime viewing hours and being showcased. Us American fans can thank Trio for that much.

+Quote Post
wake
post Oct 4 2004, 11:19 AM
Post #11

Guests

Looks like the only way to enjoy Spaced Fully is to import the DVD from the UK.

+Quote Post
josef
post Oct 16 2004, 07:53 AM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (wake @ Oct 4 2004, 11:19 AM)
Looks like the only way to enjoy Spaced Fully is to import the DVD from the UK.

which ive done a million years ago anyway

bluecastle7: you get Trio on your comcast? i don't. the only place i've seen trio is nyc.

+Quote Post
Mr. Meow Meow Ch...
post Oct 16 2004, 06:56 PM
Post #13

One Pinter

Member No.: 2,441

Like 7 people in America get Trio anyways..... wacko.gif
Its like a sister-sister channel of Cinemax or something like that hehe.
My sister gets it, but I bought the DVDs a while back. The stupid FCC has been going bonkers ever since Janet Jackson flashed her stuff.

This post has been edited by Mr. Meow Meow Chubby Sticks: Oct 16 2004, 06:57 PM

+Quote Post
Rob Wells
post Nov 9 2004, 02:06 PM
Post #14

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,574

I would've liked the ad breaks to be left in on the DVDs. The ads that were originally shown during the first broadcast should've been in there too as an extra. Am I alone in this?

+Quote Post
Rob Wells
post Nov 18 2004, 09:39 PM
Post #15

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,574

QUOTE (Rob Wells @ Nov 9 2004, 03:06 PM)
I would've liked the ad breaks to be left in on the DVDs.  The ads that were originally shown during the first broadcast should've been in there too as an extra.  Am I alone in this?

... looks like i am.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:09 AM