Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

70 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Last gig you saw, As it says on the tin
peace
post Nov 23 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #376

Guests

last gig i went to was Ian Brown cool.gif (ex stone roses) like ya didnt know rolleyes.gif

pretty spectaular for me as it was my first time seeing the main man wub.gif

official reviews r not too sweet, but who listens to journo's anyway tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HellsBells
post Nov 24 2005, 11:19 AM
Post #377

in the water, I'm a very skinny lady

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,714

Sons and Daughters at the rescue rooms in nottingham. i tell you, Adele Bethel isa blooming legend. who else could come on stage in black sparkly shorts and knee high socks and still be completelyace?

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Nov 24 2005, 11:24 AM
Post #378

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (HellsBells @ Nov 24 2005, 11:19 AM)
Sons and Daughters at the rescue rooms in nottingham. i tell you, Adele Bethel isa blooming legend. who else could come on stage in black sparkly shorts and knee high socks and still be completelyace?

Andy Bell of Erasure smile.gif

+Quote Post
HellsBells
post Nov 24 2005, 11:30 AM
Post #379

in the water, I'm a very skinny lady

Member No.: 2,714

QUOTE (Sostie @ Nov 24 2005, 11:24 AM)
Andy Bell of Erasure  smile.gif

ah, you got me.

+Quote Post
JeffStuka
post Nov 25 2005, 08:20 AM
Post #380

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 3,659

QUOTE (Igmeister @ Nov 15 2005, 04:50 PM)
Yep Indeed, I had a bit of a strange moment when a northern bloke, who looked like Matthew Hoggard asked me for a light a couple of times, I thought he looked a bit like JeffStuka, but my social shyness and fear that it might not have been him stopped me from asking.

Shit man, I knew it was you! Going up to a random person and asking them if they are someone who goes on internet chatrooms can lead to an awkward situation which is why I didn't ask you. Sigur Ros were fucking good weren't they.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Nov 25 2005, 11:03 AM
Post #381

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

QUOTE (JeffStuka @ Nov 25 2005, 08:20 AM)
Shit man, I knew it was you!  Going up to a random person and asking them if they are someone who goes on internet chatrooms can lead to an awkward situation which is why I didn't ask you.  Sigur Ros were fucking good weren't they.

Fabulous! Spaced Meets without the meeting. Maybe this warrants its own thread.

Obviously Ellie and I have very little shame or social graces - Ellie approaching a complete stranger at a comedy club because we thought he may have been 'Chris' from this here forum.

+Quote Post
Igmeister
post Nov 25 2005, 11:51 AM
Post #382

Don't ever get a cat.

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (JeffStuka @ Nov 25 2005, 08:20 AM)
Shit man, I knew it was you!  Going up to a random person and asking them if they are someone who goes on internet chatrooms can lead to an awkward situation which is why I didn't ask you.  Sigur Ros were fucking good weren't they.

Same reason I didn't ask you! It was a top night, marred only by my friend insisting we went to bar academy after for a drink, then passing out, and being 'asked' to leave. Sorry if my lighter was a bit lively!

+Quote Post
ipse dixit
post Nov 25 2005, 12:25 PM
Post #383

Fallon

Member No.: 2,946

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Nov 25 2005, 12:03 PM)
Obviously Ellie and I have very little shame or social graces - Ellie approaching a complete stranger at a comedy club because we thought he may have been 'Chris' from this here forum.

We could only see him from behind, but the girl he was with looked like Chris' missus. When I got over to them I could quite plainly see it wasn't him, but thought it would be less weird to go ahead and ask "is your name Chris?" than just look at him in the eyes and walk away again.

+Quote Post
Igmeister
post Nov 25 2005, 12:36 PM
Post #384

Don't ever get a cat.

QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Nov 25 2005, 12:25 PM)
We could only see him from behind, but the girl he was with looked like Chris' missus. When I got over to them I could quite plainly see it wasn't him, but thought it would be less weird to go ahead and ask "is your name Chris?" than just look at him in the eyes and walk away again.

You see thats good. I wish I wasn't so socially inept and could do that.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Nov 25 2005, 12:38 PM
Post #385

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

I sometimes pretend I know people when I don't. It used to be a game we'd play when we were younger, we'd walk down the High Street and pick the most random person for the other to approach and go, "It's you! I haven't seen you for ages!".

It's funny because they'll always go along with it, God bless British politeness.

+Quote Post
JeffStuka
post Nov 25 2005, 04:21 PM
Post #386

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 3,659

QUOTE (Igmeister @ Nov 25 2005, 12:51 PM)
Same reason I didn't ask you! It was a top night, marred only by my friend insisting we went to bar academy after for a drink, then passing out, and being 'asked' to leave. Sorry if my lighter was a bit lively!

No worries about lively lighter. At least you had one. Thought you might think you we're being stalked but s'always easier getting a light of someone who has already given you a light so you became our official hand fire provider.

I sometimes pretend I know people when I don't. It used to be a game we'd play when we were younger, we'd walk down the High Street and pick the most random person for the other to approach and go, "It's you! I haven't seen you for ages!".

Reminds me of a time I was a bit drunk and out for a mates birthday. We were walking through Aston University and they had their May Ball on so there were lots of people dressed up nicely and a middle aged couple , woman in furs and bloke like a shiny penguin, obviously lecturing couple, walked towards us. I marched up to the woman and loudly greeted her like an ex student of hers. We chatted a couple of minutes while my mates stood around waiting for me and wondering what the fuck was going on and she acted the whole time as if she remembered me which was surprising because I'd never met her before so I shook her hand, told her and husband to enjoy themselves then walked off following the killer line, see you later Mum, without a look back. My mates say they were seen walking off with the husband looking a bit miffed and asking searching questions of his wife. I wouldn't know. I was on my way to the next pub.

This post has been edited by JeffStuka: Nov 25 2005, 04:31 PM

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Nov 25 2005, 04:58 PM
Post #387

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

QUOTE (JeffStuka @ Nov 25 2005, 04:21 PM)
Reminds me of a time I was a bit drunk and out for a mates birthday.  We were walking through Aston University and they had their May Ball on so there were lots of people dressed up nicely and a middle aged couple , woman in furs and bloke like a shiny penguin, obviously lecturing couple, walked towards us.  I marched up to the woman and loudly greeted her like an ex student of hers.  We chatted a couple of minutes while my mates stood around waiting for me and wondering what the fuck was going on and she acted the whole time as if she remembered me which was surprising because I'd never met her before so I shook her hand, told her and husband to enjoy themselves then walked off following the killer line, see you later Mum, without a look back.  My mates say they were seen walking off with the husband looking a bit miffed and asking searching questions of his wife.  I wouldn't know.  I was on my way to the next pub.

Absolutely inspired.

+Quote Post
Igmeister
post Nov 25 2005, 05:41 PM
Post #388

Don't ever get a cat.

QUOTE (JeffStuka @ Nov 25 2005, 04:21 PM)
No worries about lively lighter.  At least you had one.  Thought you might think you we're being stalked but s'always easier getting a light of someone who has already given you a light so you became our official hand fire provider.
Reminds me of a time I was a bit drunk and out for a mates birthday.  We were walking through Aston University and they had their May Ball on so there were lots of people dressed up nicely and a middle aged couple , woman in furs and bloke like a shiny penguin, obviously lecturing couple, walked towards us.  I marched up to the woman and loudly greeted her like an ex student of hers.  We chatted a couple of minutes while my mates stood around waiting for me and wondering what the fuck was going on and she acted the whole time as if she remembered me which was surprising because I'd never met her before so I shook her hand, told her and husband to enjoy themselves then walked off following the killer line, see you later Mum, without a look back.  My mates say they were seen walking off with the husband looking a bit miffed and asking searching questions of his wife.  I wouldn't know.  I was on my way to the next pub.

laugh.gif Superb Jeff.

If I see you at a gig again i'll talk to you instead of giving you my light and thinking 'Is that bloke of the internet?'

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Nov 28 2005, 05:16 PM
Post #389

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

The Egg @ Cargo

I'd liked this little-known band since 1997 when I first heard their debut album, but had never seen them live. I'd heard good things about their performances, and Friday's gig didn't disappoint. The crowd was friendly and up-for-it, the sound system pleasingly thumping, and the music itself totally inspired. The albums theselves are rather laid-back affairs, but each track was transformed into an impossibly funky and smile-inducing masterpiece when played live. The entire four-piece - drummer, bassist, lead guitar, keyboard/noises/vocals were on fire, and they were loving the performance and the crowd's response.

I'd recommend anyone who likes music to see The Egg if they get the chance. You'd have to be dead inside or Rachel Stevens not to like them.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Nov 28 2005, 05:34 PM
Post #390

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Nov 28 2005, 05:16 PM)
The Egg @ Cargo

Aaah The Egg. I thought they were long gone. Loved Travelator...looks like I have a back catalogue to catch up on.

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:52 AM