Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Last gig you saw, As it says on the tin
Igmeister
post Dec 13 2005, 11:33 AM
Post #406

Don't ever get a cat.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,736

Robert Plant last night . He was excellent, sadly the crowd wasn't. I have never seen so many miserable arms crossed faces in my life. Supposed to be a home town gig as well. At least I got drunk.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kirstie
post Dec 13 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #407

Kitsuné.

Member No.: 3,830

Doves on Sunday night. Was cracking, apart from when the guitarist's guitar broke at t he beginning of one of the songs. Apart from that, the set was brilliant, opening with Snowdon. Beautiful. The only disappointment was that they didn't play the old Sub Sub classic, 'There Ain't No Love'. That would've been the best.

+Quote Post
ipse dixit
post Dec 14 2005, 01:29 PM
Post #408

Fallon

Member No.: 2,946

Ben Folds, last night at Brixton Academy. A few little changes, including more old Ben Folds Five material, but essentially the same show as I saw in Leicester a few months back. Brilliant stuff. I love this man waaay too much. Being at the Academy meant that a shorty like myself had to keep trying to shift around and see through gaps, and the crowdedness meant my knees were locked and a bit hurty by the end...but I didn't care.

As last time, he had the audience singing the brass section to Army and the harmonies in Not The Same, and they did their thoroughly amusing and wonderfully melodic cover of Dre's Bitches Ain't Shit. "This song is for anyone who's ever been in jail. And then while they were in jail found out that their girlfriend, who's a prostitute, is sleeping with their cousin." I tried to record some of it for Hobbes, but it sounds a bit rubbish.

+Quote Post
CazBag
post Dec 16 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #409

Four Pinter

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,487

I went to see Coldplay at Earl's Court on Wednesday. Absolutely fantastic!!!

+Quote Post
Melll
post Dec 16 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #410

The Cuddly Face Of Heavy Metal

Member No.: 2,283

Check the review thread, Foo Fighters on Wednesday, bleedin awesome!

+Quote Post
Comedy Dave
post Dec 16 2005, 06:17 PM
Post #411

Guests

The Human League last night at Brighton Dome! Enjoyed myself with lots of hand clapping and the odd sing a long biggrin.gif Many people I speak too don't know that they are still going laugh.gif

Nothing else on the gig radar for now sad.gif

+Quote Post
CazBag
post Dec 19 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #412

Four Pinter

Member No.: 2,487

QUOTE (Comedy Dave @ Dec 16 2005, 06:17 PM)
The Human League last night at Brighton Dome! Enjoyed myself with lots of hand clapping and the odd sing a long biggrin.gif Many people I speak too don't know that they are still going laugh.gif

Nor did I! I thought they packed up about 10 years ago laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SuperSaiyanStone...
post Dec 19 2005, 02:33 PM
Post #413

Avid Gamer

Member No.: 2,732

Saw blood island raiders, scissorfight and orange goblin on friday. Damn fine gig I say, damn fine! It was the goblins 10th year anniversary gig so it was pretty lively!

+Quote Post
danc
post Jan 12 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #414

One Pinter

Member No.: 4,826

saw the horrorpops/dead pets recently.
Got stiff little fingers coming up soon, should be ace.

+Quote Post
mngene
post Jan 17 2006, 07:37 PM
Post #415

Three Pinter

Member No.: 3,017

Bad Religion Drum Competition real fun stuff. Slammn n da pit. Saw Travis Barker and Adrian Young at the same competition doing a duel set, basically taking turns playing back and forth. It was cool as shit.

+Quote Post
ronlogan1977
post Jan 19 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #416

Walking the Plank

Member No.: 2,357

The スミス (sumisu)

A rather ace little Japanese Morrissey tribute act.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Jan 19 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #417

"Mus" ŕ gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

EDIT: OOPS WRONG THREAD

This post has been edited by Sostie: Jan 19 2006, 12:57 PM

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Jan 21 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #418

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

Just got back in from The Headhunters, and my ears are still ringing a little... Great show, though! $10 for 3 hours' worth of some of the funkiest jazz-fusion you'll ever hear, with longtime Headhunters drummer Mike Clark and percussionist Bill Summers leading an amazingly capable quintet filled out by bassist George Porter, Jr, saxophonist Donald Harrison, and organist Jerry Z. Man, Porter's got more funk in his little finger than I have in my entire body, and Mike Clark is an absolutely awe-inspiring drummer.

I got there early enough to get a spot to stand right up near the edge of the stage, in a club with a capacity of about 218, and I stood right there at the edge for as much of the show as I could manage, until I was finally jostled away by some drunken 18-year-old college girls who wanted to shake their respective groove thangs with their boyfriends, in the spot I was trying to stand in. Oh well.

The opening act played for about an hour, some local jazz quintet, but, man, their trumpet-playing leader was noticeably the weakest link. He'd only play the occasional rythym line, never soloed, and tended to stick with a few safe notes, rather than go off on a wild adventure of scales and triplets like his saxophonist, guitarist, and keyboardist. Most of the people in the club seemed to have turned out for these guys, though; must be from the same dorm.

All in all, a darn good evening, even if $4.25 for a 12 oz bottle of local beer is highway robbery...

+Quote Post
Ohio_is_for_love...
post Jan 25 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #419

Genius Of Love

Member No.: 2,871

Fall out boy tonight, twas okay, saw bens sister who seemed to have a good time, glad to find she doesnt hate me. Erm....yeah now i feel gross, im jealous of you Danc, i wanna go see stiff little fingers. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Shack
post Jan 25 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #420

Live And Let Pie

Member No.: 3,441

Went to see The Sunshine Underground last night, a Shrewsbury-born Leeds band who are quite loud and shouty yet also bouncy. It was my first time at Fibbers in York (a strange little place) but I really enjoyed the gig. Go and see them if you can, I think "Commercial Breakdown" is getting a lot of play on 6Music at the moment.

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:14 AM