Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Last gig you saw, As it says on the tin
Ohio_is_for_love...
post Aug 31 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #736

Genius Of Love

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,871

The last gig i went to was to see Rilo Kiley in Manchester, they were damn good. Also they played a song called Ripchord i think, where both of the guys got ukelalis (sp?) out which i think was my favourite part. I think Jenny Lewis might just be my idol.

Before that i saw another band called Howards Alias, i got on the guestlist and they pretty good.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Sep 7 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #737

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

The Jesus & Mary Chain, Brixton Academy
Still a class act. A lot of bands now can only dream of being as cool, or having as many good tunes as the Mary Chain. Also their female audience is probably the best looking I have seen in a long time. It was good to go to a gig with zero Emos too.

+Quote Post
Jon 79
post Sep 11 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #738

Dreaming my life...

Member No.: 2,336

I saw the Chemical Brothers in trafalgar square on sunday.
They were all shades of fantastic.

... then yesterday I saw James in Old Street.
I saw these guys in the same venue a few months ago & they were truely awesome.
This time round, they didn't do any hits. ... no old songs at all.
They played 18 brand new tracks. ...so new in fact that most of the time Tim Booth had to read his lyrics. We were told that somewhere withing these 18 tracks is the new album (yet to be recorded & released some time next year).
Each song sounded awesome, & I reckon it's gonna be difficult for them to decide which songs to leave out. ...But when it finally comes out, it's sure to be a hit... A few of the songs reminded me of Out To Get You in the way they build up: A perfect example of perfectly beautiful music. James are sounding amazing. In fact they're sounding better now than they ever have.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Sep 11 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #739

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

QUOTE (Sostie @ Sep 7 2007, 11:53 PM)
The Jesus & Mary Chain, Brixton Academy
Still a class act.  A lot of bands now can only dream of being as cool, or having as many good tunes as the Mary Chain.  Also their female audience is probably the best looking I have seen in a long time.  It was good to go to a gig with zero Emos too.

I missed the chance to see The Mary Chain as I couldn't make it to The Electric Picnic event down south.

Jealous.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Sep 12 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #740

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

I saw Prince at the O2 again on Sunday, which was bloody fantastic.

One of the main highlights for me was '7' (really unexpected, and straight out of a lovely little piano medley), and his take on Foo Fighters' Best Of You, which was nothing short of excellent, blending as it did from the intro of All Along The Watchtower. He performed another solo medley in the encore, with numerous loop samples of his classic hits arrayed across the keyboard - I think I may well have deafened the lass in front when he launched into Sign 'O' The Times.

Prince was on especially chipper form, which really upped the mood - it was a much better gig than the one in August, partly due to the fact the setlist was somewhat different to a month ago, but we also had a much better view in the lower tier seating. Electric.

+Quote Post
shaka37
post Sep 13 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #741

Champion of a dying industry

Member No.: 6,345

Went to see an oingo boingo tribute band.

yeah, I did.

+Quote Post
Ghost_862
post Sep 13 2007, 02:30 AM
Post #742

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 2,633

QUOTE (Ade @ Sep 12 2007, 10:04 PM)

One of the main highlights for me was '7' (really unexpected, and straight out of a lovely little piano medley), and his take on Foo Fighters' Best Of You, which was nothing short of excellent, blending as it did from the intro of All Along The Watchtower. He performed another solo medley in the encore, with numerous loop samples of his classic hits arrayed across the keyboard - I think I may well have deafened the lass in front when he launched into Sign 'O' The Times.

Prince was on especially chipper form, which really upped the mood - it was a much better gig than the one in August, partly due to the fact the setlist was somewhat different to a month ago, but we also had a much better view in the lower tier seating. Electric.

I'm going back tomorrow and I too have much better seats this time round. My seats last time were almost at the very top - sound was a bit poo and I felt somewhat removed from the action.

Some fans met him tonight and he told them he has a bad throat. Drat. Hope the show's alright tomorrow.

I wish I'd bought afterparty tickets instead of mainshow tickets. When he shows up he really tears the roof off. He played almost three hours the other night on top of a two hour main concert.

Apparently tonight's show was filmed for the BBC. Hope that doesn't get committed to the fabled vault like everything else. Why does he film all his tours then never release them?!

This post has been edited by Ghost_862: Sep 13 2007, 02:31 AM

+Quote Post
Mrs Bisley
post Sep 13 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #743

Rov'rum

Member No.: 4,384

I saw Richard Hawley at Sheffield City Hall last night. Bloody fantastic!

He's absolutely hilarious and he is just amazing!! The pissed twats and Richard's leather-clad number one fan next to me and my mum made for enjoyable viewing as well, but Richard is just something else.

+Quote Post
Ghost_862
post Sep 14 2007, 01:24 AM
Post #744

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 2,633

Just got back from Prince.

The piano medley, for me, was a bit of a downer because people kept talking all the way through it, including two girls sat to my left. Also, some guy in front of us was taking photos and security came over, so for the WHOLE of Beautiful Ones I was looking at a fat, balding security guy's ass as he bent over the guy in front and told him off.

In my opinion, that was far more irritating than having some guy's flash going off once every ten minutes, and Prince's clampdown on photos seemed to be causing more disruption than it was preventing. I was ready to kick that security guy's ass, except I think I'd have lost my shoe up there.

They were completely ineffective anyway. The whole time the security guy was bent over the guy in front, a girl to my left was making a video over his shoulder laugh.gif Power to the people!

Anyway, fast forward to the first encore.. Elton John onstage! Blimey. 31.21 for two hours of Prince, a copy of the new album AND a duet with Elton is a bit alright in my book tongue.gif. The place went nuts. Elton duetted with Prince on The Long And Winding Road and Prince played an awesome solo.

The second or third encore [I lost count] saw Prince playing some major hits on the synth including Sign O The Times, DMSR, When Doves Cry, Alphabet Street etc. Afterwards we turned around and realised the guy behind us was a friend of my companion, and we hadn't noticed all evening. I immediately fell in love with him. We chatted for a little over five minutes, decided Prince wasn't coming back and my companion and I scooted.

We got about 3 metres outside the door and the kickdrum started. We turned to go back and the staff wouldn't let us back in; "Sorry, show's over." Arrogant twunt.

We had to run around the corner a bit and sneak in through a closed door laugh.gif LMAO! Then we sprinted down the stairs back to our new friends. Prince came out in a black sleeveless shirt, black bandana and black trousers.. WOW. Can't believe we almost missed it. Love Bizarre and Chelsea Rogers!!!

Tonight's aftershow will be banging... wish I'd got tickets sad.gif

This post has been edited by Ghost_862: Sep 14 2007, 01:55 AM

+Quote Post
Punkass
post Sep 17 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #745

GRACE!

Member No.: 3,791

Queens of the Stone Age last night. One of the best sounding bands I have seen live in a very long time.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Sep 17 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #746

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

Rush, at the Bell Centre, in Montreal, on Saturday night.

Lots of time-honoured old tunes, including a few rarities, and plenty of standout tracks from the latest album; a few amusing video interludes to set up songs (including Bob and Doug McKenzie, and Eric Cartman's "Lil' Rush" tribute band); overpriced, watered-down, near-tasteless beer; and lasers!

Lots of lasers. And strobes. And a few fireballs.

+Quote Post
stinketta
post Sep 17 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #747

Addict

Member No.: 4,017

QUOTE (Ade @ Sep 12 2007, 11:04 PM)

Ooh! I was there then too! I had a great big smile on my face the whole way through. That man really knows how to put on a show.

Just got back from End of the Road too. Highlights were I'm From Barcelona, Seasick Steve, Charlie Parr and Super Furry Animals. Shame that Dan Sartain didn't make it though. sad.gif

This post has been edited by stinketta: Sep 17 2007, 04:03 PM

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Sep 19 2007, 02:15 AM
Post #748

Blood's thicker than water, but blood leaves a stain.

Member No.: 4,984

Last night, I went to the Melbourne concert of Powderfinger & Silverchair; two great Aussie bands. cool.gif I won my tickets from a local radio station, & I found out afterwards they were worth $103 each! They were for the floor in front of the stage, so I was standing all night. There were a couple of annoying people in the crowd, too, including a couple who sucked face the entire evening; my friend & I almost told them to get a room! rolleyes.gif We had a fantastic night, though! Plus, there were cameras everywhere because they were filming it. So I'll get to have my memories on an official DVD. biggrin.gif Anyway, here are some pics (click on the images to see them full-size)....

Lead singer of Silverchair, Daniel Johns

Powderfinger, with lead singer Bernard Fanning on acoustic guitar

Powderfinger ended their set with this cool display, before coming back on for an encore song

Then the two bands came out & did a song together, which was "Substitute" by The Who

Me with my friend Jo

Feel the (musical) love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif

This post has been edited by dolfyn: Sep 19 2007, 02:21 AM

+Quote Post
Heff
post Sep 19 2007, 02:57 AM
Post #749

Bloody Hell

Member No.: 6,009

Was that at The Forum, dolf? I love that place. Saw Shihad and Cog there last year, and they both blew all sorts of items of clothing off, least of all my socks.

Last Saturday I saw Shooting At Unarmed Men, lead by Jon Chapple (ex-Mclusky). Twas shouty, drunken, guitary, nonsensical goodness.

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Sep 19 2007, 03:06 AM
Post #750

Blood's thicker than water, but blood leaves a stain.

Member No.: 4,984

QUOTE (Heff @ Sep 19 2007, 12:57 PM)
Was that at The Forum, dolf? I love that place. Saw Shihad and Cog there last year, and they both blew all sorts of items of clothing off, least of all my socks.

Nah, it was at Rod Laver Arena & it was packed to the rafters. My friend & I were fairly near the speakers too, so it was VERY LOUD! wacko.gif Awesome night, though. cool.gif

Feel the (half-deaf) love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 48 49 50 51 52 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:38 PM