Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Last gig you saw, As it says on the tin
Sostie
post May 2 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #826

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

I saw the Australian Doors once. They were shit. But then so are the Doors.

I saw Bjorn Again. I think they are Australian. They were very good.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
melzilla
post May 2 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #827

I got feet but I'm not a foetus.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,052

I saw Bjork last night. Wow, what a show! It was pretty spectacular and her vocals were absolutely spot on.
It had absolutely everything I love about her music in abundance. Her set was incredibly powerful yet so sensitive and each song was wonderfully and meticulously thought out, as if every word, note and beat was carefully placed, yet this didn't stop it being amazingly vibrant and spontaneous.

It also had LASERs and huge confetti connons! Just a joy to watch and listen to. Awesome.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post May 6 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #828

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

I guess this is the right place to put it, although it could equally go in the comedy thread. Went to see the Candy Box Burlesque Star Wars Show on Sunday night and it was fan-bloody-tastic. Not only was there some really gorgeous women getting nekkid dressed as lobsters, Princess Leia in the Gold Bikini, Vampira and others, but the orchestra played some great music as well.

Opening with a full version of the Red Dwarf theme sung by a beatiful and amazing singer dressed as Princess Leia in a New Hope, complete with Danish Pastry hair. There was a string quartet who did a perfect version of the ET theme and then later on there was an amazing rendition of Life on Mars sung by the same singer but this time dressed like Barbarella.

All in all a really funny, sexy and entertaining night and particular mention must go to the girl in the audience dressed as a Twi'lek. HOT.

+Quote Post
Rua
post May 6 2008, 09:54 AM
Post #829

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

Eyyy!

Sounds like they did put the effort in to make it special after all.
I love Burlesque shows & that one sounded amazing.

This post has been edited by Rua: May 6 2008, 09:54 AM

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post May 6 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #830

QUOTE (Rua @ May 6 2008, 10:54 AM)
Eyyy!

Sounds like they did put the effort in to make it special after all.
I love Burlesque shows & that one sounded amazing.

It was fantastic. I bumped into Leyla Rose (or whatever her real name is) and said hello from Bronagh. She was really shocked when I mentioned her name actually. She was the one dressed in the Gold Bikini, although I must admit I was slightly disappointed nobodies boobs were painted like Death Stars.

+Quote Post
Rua
post May 6 2008, 10:08 AM
Post #831

Death of The Party

Ha ha. Great.
Yeah I'd say Helen was a little confused as to why Brons was saying hello through a strange man.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post May 6 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #832

QUOTE (Rua @ May 6 2008, 11:08 AM)
Ha ha. Great.
Yeah I'd say Helen was a little confused as to why Brons was saying hello through a strange man.

Yeah, she made a point of saying "I'm just going to try and find my boyfriend" which I thought was quite amusing.

+Quote Post
Rua
post May 6 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #833

Death of The Party

QUOTE (Jimmay @ May 6 2008, 11:33 AM)
Yeah, she made a point of saying "I'm just going to try and find my boyfriend" which I thought was quite amusing.

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post May 6 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #834

QUOTE (Rua @ May 6 2008, 11:34 AM)
laugh.gif

I'm obviously not that threatening though as she didn't say "My 7 foot tall and almost as wide wrestler boyfriend. I'm sure he was over there fighting lions last time I checked" I must try harder next time. Maybe I should have taken off my trousers.

+Quote Post
sleeping_pirate
post May 8 2008, 10:02 AM
Post #835

If I was young, I'd flee this town

Member No.: 3,052

Pendulum were awesome last night. Despite feeling very ill, still had a great time!

+Quote Post
Rua
post May 8 2008, 03:45 PM
Post #836

Death of The Party

Local acts And So I Watch You From Afar & LaFaro put on a show in The Stiff Kitten club last night for a good sized crowd for Wednesday night local act gig.

The Northern Irish music scene is finally stuttering into some form of life after years of bands flailing into nothingness due to a backstabbing, anti-success culture & lack of any real support for musicians being available. Now thanks to the recent record deal & lavish praise being doled out from across the water to another local act Fighting With Wire , it's been given the auld shot in the arm. The two acts playing last night have also a lot to do with the new sense of hope about what pretty much was a dead scene.

ASIWYFA headlined & the Mogwaiesque heavy rock instrumentalists sound every bit the finished article these days, swirling crashing guitars with pulsing bass & drums unleashing epic sounding music around the small venue. But the band that was arousing most interest tonight was LaFaro & their surprise new line up.

Originally a three piece Rock/Grunge act LaFaro have been Northern Ireland's nearly band for a while now.
Fronted & formed by Johnny Black, an infamous figure in Belfast, they were always guaranteed to be of some quality & that they were. No small help in that they were powered along by Northern Ireland's most gifted Rock drummer, simply known as Alan. With their female Bassist now residing in Newcastle a new body was needed & Lafaro ended up with two for the price of one. The Magee twins, Herb (Bass) & Dave (Guitar). It's a crime these two haven't been playing with a solid act for so long after the demise of F.U.E.L. (due to guitarist & band anchor Nathan Connolly hopping across the water to join Snow Patrol) & there was real good buzz around the club about the fact they were playing together. This is a close as it gets to watching what can only be described as a local Super Group.

Loud, fast, sexy, hard & just plain rock. They rattled through their set like they'd been together for years, despite having only one practice session before the gig. I hope to God they hold it together & get some tracks down along with old ones re-recorded because they were immense. Just immense.

This post has been edited by Rua: May 8 2008, 04:42 PM

+Quote Post
dandan
post May 8 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #837

Addict

Member No.: 4,256

QUOTE (Sostie @ May 2 2008, 04:15 PM)
I saw the Australian Doors once.  They were shit.  But then so are the Doors.

i saw them twice. once in a low in a dingy, smoke filled hole, once in a much bigger (but still smoke filled and dingy) venue. they were fun. there's plenty to dislike about 'the doors' (even more to dislike about the film), but they had a couple of good moments amongst the crappy student poetry...

any how, just back from seeing 'the silver jews'. very good...

+Quote Post
Sostie
post May 8 2008, 11:42 PM
Post #838

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

Saw Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds in Hammersmith tonight. Were they good? Of course they were silly. They were exceptional.

+Quote Post
dandan
post May 25 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #839

Addict

'ting tings' - dreadful...

left the room they were playing in after two songs. had a chat with some people, went for a fag, heard them playing 'that's not my name', didn't go back in. went to a bar instead...

+Quote Post
dandan
post May 27 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #840

Addict

a.t.p. presents don't look back - it' takes a nation of millions...

edan - outstanding, as usual, can't wait until he tours the uk again...

anti-pop consortium - very good.

kool keith / dr octagon - fucking brilliant. dr octagon heavy set, but threw in some black elvis and sex style stuff as well as ultramagnetic mcs!!!

bomb squad - pretty good, but not loud enough...

public enemy - performed 'it takes a nation of millions to hold us back' from start to end. chuck d and flavor flav were on top form, following up the album with a half a dozen favourites, finishing off with fight the power.

an absolutely fantastic evening...

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 54 55 56 57 58 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:06 PM