Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EasyMark
post Oct 7 2004, 06:37 AM
Post #17

Two Pinter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,320

Yeah, it's kinda good. smile.gif Really tough in some places, but not impossible - which is good because I pretty much suck at these fighting games.

My rule is not to buy any game that hasn't gotten great reviews from reviewers I trust, or that I haven't rented first. However, I will take risks on buying games that are pretty cheap. I just sell them on EBay when I'm done and, in the long run, it'll be about the same cost or cheaper than if I'd rented it in the first place.

+Quote Post
Lazlo Woodbine
post Oct 7 2004, 10:04 AM
Post #18

Infamous Wooden Spider

Member No.: 2,273

tekken 4

after hours of practice and finally beating it on the harsest setting without using a continue i still can't beat my best mate.
first to 30 i was 27-24 up and went on to lose 27-30. arghhh!
so close sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Oct 7 2004, 03:43 PM
Post #19

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

I have a confession.

I'm an addict.

Once, in a 1 month binge, I notched up 90 of phone bill on my Dreamcast. The reason? Sonic Team.

In about 2001 I bought Phantasy Star Online for my DC, and quite quickly realised this was an excellent game. As the days and weeks passed I little noticed the addiction creeping up on me, until, finally, SEGA had the good sense to ban me from online play. After a few days of huddling in darkened corners crying out for my FOmar friend to resta me, and wondering where all the cute little rappies were, and why i couldn't smash their feathery heads in, I began to head back into the world and interact with people.

Skip forward 3 years.

I walk into GAME, there on the shelf is a brand new shiny copy of PSO Ep1&2. "turn around" I tell myself, but its too late. I look down and I've already bought it. I have been playing PSO since. It even mocks me by showing my total play time every time I load it up.

As I said, I am an addict, that is my confession.

This post has been edited by Jubei: Oct 7 2004, 03:44 PM

+Quote Post
War Bastard
post Oct 7 2004, 05:15 PM
Post #20

No Pinter

Group: Junior Members
Member No.: 2,281

Ah the joys of PSO on the Dreamcast. I only got into it when Ver. 2 came out so the servers were pretty much empty. Fortunately I had a friend who had it and we used to play it every firday night for ages, I was never addicted to it though. Then we began to hate it and we never wanted to play it again. Then we started loving it again and hating it and loving it and hating it. When it was good it was very very good (I even wrote a song about it) but the second it stopped being fun it was soul destroying. We're at the point where we remember it with great fondness, but the thought of playing it again fills us with dread. Looks like my lv 73 (don't laugh) FOnewm will, never reach 200.

I also bought eps 1 & 2. (Gamecube) Never realy got into it. After about 50 hours I realised I had stopped enjoying it at about 5 and it was all pointless because I'd never get to play with friends online due to the fact that nintendo made 5 broadband adapters and hid 3 of them in a box.

Now I play xbox live, which is a quality service and highly recomended, and feel a little bit sorry for nintendo for missing out.

This post has been edited by War Bastard: Oct 7 2004, 05:24 PM

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Oct 7 2004, 05:30 PM
Post #21

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

Oh te be playing PSO on the Gamecube, there's SO MANY MORE people playing it on the GC than the Xbox, and Microsoft are bastards about letting SEGA update the servers. Still, even the GC won't be like the good ol' days. So far, on XBox, I have a lvl 68 HUcast, a lvl 14 HUnewearl (slut!) and then with my other two housemates we also have a lvl 68, a lvl 55, a lvl 21, a lvl 5 and a lvl 1 (the dump character, for all the crap!) Its a little excessive I know...

+Quote Post
Impossible
post Oct 7 2004, 06:50 PM
Post #22

Two Pinter

Member No.: 2,252

I haven't played a video game for ages. I still have my Playstation somewhere - I loved Tekken 3 and Cool Boarders 3.

+Quote Post
Mr. Meow Meow Ch...
post Oct 12 2004, 01:00 AM
Post #23

One Pinter

Member No.: 2,441

DON'T BUY Star Ocean 3!!!!! About 10 hours into the game you get this chick who can add 4,000 attack to all of your weapons (they should only have like 300-400 attack at this point) making the game pointless from then out. wacko.gif

Been playing Red Dead Revolver multi-player a bunch with my room-mate and some friends. And the Time Crisis for Playstation......still need that dumb plug for the back of the system to use the gun. wacko.gif

This post has been edited by Mr. Meow Meow Chubby Sticks: Oct 12 2004, 01:03 AM

+Quote Post
Pvt Iron {T F U}
post Oct 12 2004, 09:07 PM
Post #24

you are free to do as we tell you

Member No.: 2,272

recently been playing farcry one of the nicest games to look at....but it'd goddamn hard.very smart comp ai,comp controlled players will flank you,you have to think before you attack .no CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!! tactics you end up looking at the reload screen.but the game that i have wiled away many an hour once or twice till about 4 am ohmy.gif (okay maybe more than once or twice tongue.gif ) i s battlefield 1942 and its mod desert combat .i was just playing away thinking one more round and that'll do next thing i know its 2 am ohmy.gif .but the game that i'm looking forward to is GTA San Andreas,seen a few screen shots and a few thing have been given away with what you can do in it.it also looks massive, it's going to be on a double density dvdrom.i cant wait.

This post has been edited by Pvt Iron {T F U}: Oct 12 2004, 09:07 PM

+Quote Post
The Phantom
post Oct 13 2004, 10:48 AM
Post #25

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,249

picked up Steel Dragon Ex for the PS2 in a sale yesterday. Top shoot em up action, also including a complete conversion of the arcade original.

+Quote Post
fatmanintweed
post Oct 14 2004, 07:35 PM
Post #26

Guests

Fable, on the Xbox. Haven't had chance to play much of it due to coursework, but it's a good game so far.

+Quote Post
Rav
post Oct 15 2004, 02:59 PM
Post #27

Guests

I've just got my broadband connection fixed after several months of having to use dial-up...I'm tempted to give Star Wars Galaxies another try, but I fear I may lose my girlfriend if I do - the damn game is addictive smile.gif

+Quote Post
cky2k
post Oct 16 2004, 06:55 PM
Post #28

Burning Beard

Member No.: 2,422

I rented out THUG2, it was pretty good (not quite as good as THUG) focus and freak out are great new aspects and the storyline is not bad either. It more or less revolves around a Bam (Margera) crazy theme. With the introduction of classic mode i got to skate at FDR Philly park from the legendary THPS2, can't go wrong with that.

+Quote Post
fried_gold
post Oct 17 2004, 11:49 AM
Post #29

Two Pinter

Member No.: 2,332

I've got THUG2. It's great, theres a lot of novelty aspects to it but there is quite a lot of variation, enough to keep you playing. I'm still sick of having to go around finding things though, it takes forever.

+Quote Post
cky2k
post Oct 17 2004, 12:48 PM
Post #30

Burning Beard

Member No.: 2,422

QUOTE (fried_gold @ Oct 17 2004, 11:49 AM)
I'm still sick of having to go around finding things though, it takes forever.

Yeah i agree, i dreaded having to spray paint over those 'spat' things. ugggghh.

This post has been edited by cky2k: Oct 17 2004, 12:49 PM

+Quote Post

100 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:38 PM