> Hot Fuzz General Thread, Discuss!
Wife Of Rolex
post Oct 29 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #676

Addict

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,423

sad.gif mad.gif sad.gif

Expo was nothing short of a mini disaster for me. Being a bit of a newbie to such things (although I had a quick foray one sunday lunchtime in 2003 to a similar sort of thing at Wembley, this was mostly new territory for me) I wasn't exactly in the know as to how these things completely work. I was also - being the pernickerty person that I am - particularly peeved with the general organistion of the event. In the sense that it was fairly poor.

We (lil' sis and me) queued for nearly an hour just to get in and when we finally did it was rammed solid. The venue for that many people was just too small (the Wembley one was much more spaced out < pun slightly intende) and not enough information was either postered or given over the tannoy. The Hot Fuzz stand (a huge poster with 3 screens showing all the blogs back to back), with possibly the hottest picture yet of Simon adorning it's left, was cool and had people in police uniforms handing out the stuff Llama has already mentioned. And without meaning to step on her toes - despite the fact that I clearly am *sorry* - here's the postcard with Nick on it...

There were also very nice posters of Simon and Nick hanging from the rafters. With the Nick one in particular you could so very easily imagine him walking towards the camera pulling the poses! biggrin.gif

But that's as close as we got to either Mr Simon or Mr Nick. We learnt far too late that we needed tickets for the talk and preview clips and that said tickets would also allow us to cue up for the signing. Sadly all tickets had gone by the time we'd found out this salient piece of information and that we would defintely not be allowed to go through to the signing without one. No sign at the Hot Fuzz stand said anything, nothing was said over the tannoy and none of the people in the police outfits said anything other than the signing would take place at 2:30pm. Feeling absolutely sick as a dog and quite frankly pissed off at constantly being battered by twats with rucksucks I left in what can only be described as a half-hearted huff. I say half-hearted, I was actually close to tears as I sat waiting for the train. I only didn't because A) there were people around, B) my sister was there and C) I was wearing non-waterproof mascara.

On the upside I had a generally nice day with my sister (despite her maliciously setting the flash of her camera off about an inch from my face at the Hot Fuzz stand and blinding me in one eye, making me go 'WAAAAAH!' behind a bunch of people and startling them), a bloke asked if my sister, quite genuinely, if she was in costume when she was actually in her normal clothes laugh.gif laugh.gif and we saw a guy dressed as a funny small purple thing. Perfick!

Wife Of Rolex
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Oct 29 2006, 01:52 AM
Post #677

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

I hope somebody puts this stuff on eBay, that's how I got my Hot Fuzz shirt from Comic-Con San Diego.

+Quote Post
Zombies_Party
post Oct 29 2006, 02:28 AM
Post #678

Guests

I managed to get along to Expo yesterday, but I was lucky enough to snag a ticket for the Q&A session, as well as the signing (they're both lovely lads, aren't they?). I've written up an account of the whole thing, which you can read here, if you're that way inclined. The organisation of Expo was absolutely terrible, the signing just seemed like some kind of mad crush to get to the front. We even had to do a bit of pushing ourselves, or we'd have never got to the front, let alone actually meet the guys.

This post has been edited by Zombies_Party: Oct 29 2006, 02:32 AM

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Oct 29 2006, 03:06 AM
Post #679

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

QUOTE (Zombies_Party @ Oct 29 2006, 02:28 AM)
I managed to get along to Expo yesterday, but I was lucky enough to snag a ticket for the Q&A session, as well as the signing (they're both lovely lads, aren't they?). I've written up an account of the whole thing, which you can read here, if you're that way inclined. The organisation of Expo was absolutely terrible, the signing just seemed like some kind of mad crush to get to the front. We even had to do a bit of pushing ourselves, or we'd have never got to the front, let alone actually meet the guys.

Well, glad somebody made it. happy.gif

Thanks for the write up. Darn, I was going to ask, if I got the chance, if Simon was going to turn to directing at some point. Maybe the new film could be his directoral debut.

And totally agree about the terrible organisation at Expo. At one point there were 2 huge queues to get in and the one that had started first indoors was moved to the end of the 2nd one that stretched back outside right back up to the station. I would've been livid.

Wife Of Rolex

This post has been edited by Wife Of Rolex: Oct 29 2006, 03:08 AM

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Oct 29 2006, 03:42 AM
Post #680

Toasty

Member No.: 2,939

Thanks for the run-down, ZP!

Aww, {{{{{Kelly}}}}} - sorry things went south for you. Sounds a LOT like Comic-Con (i.e. tons of peeps and not necessarily the best organization; CC this past year was a little better organization-wise, but still overrun, especially on Saturday; the Hot Fuzz presentation was Sunday, thank god.)

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Oct 29 2006, 04:12 AM
Post #681

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

After initially joining the line for the Q & A, and subsequently waiting in it for quite some time (the queue itself was filmed, presumably an extra for Hot Fuzz's eventual DVD release?)

Nah, Simon said they would probably blog the hell out of it, so you might appear in the next video blog.

The inevitable "What's next for Simon Pegg and Nick Frost?" question was eventually raised by another member of the audience, and after some amount of off-mic conferring (considering whether they could even say anything at all), Simon Pegg mentioned that they had already started to throw around some ideas for a film with a "definite sci-fi bent", which would be written in the next few months and filmed next year. Progress on Scott Pilgrim (hurray!) was also mentioned on behalf of Edgar Wright, as well as Simon Pegg's other, somewhat lower key film, Big Nothing.

Wonder why Nick didn't pipe up about Hyperdrive and manstrokewoman.

This post has been edited by frostitute: Oct 29 2006, 04:14 AM

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Oct 29 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #682

Blood's thicker than water, but blood leaves a stain.

Member No.: 4,984

QUOTE (Zombies_Party @ Oct 29 2006, 01:28 PM)
I managed to get along to Expo yesterday, but I was lucky enough to snag a ticket for the Q&A session, as well as the signing (they're both lovely lads, aren't they?). I've written up an account of the whole thing, which you can read here, if you're that way inclined.

Nice little report. Thanx for that. smile.gif

Sounds like it would've been holy hell actually being there & trying to get in.
Makes me feel a bit better about living too far away. rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
cool.gif

+Quote Post
Llama
post Oct 29 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #683

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

Sorry to hear about your experience of it all WOR sad.gif And thank you for putting up the picture of the postcard - that's the one I didn't get.

I'd also like to agree about the organisation at the Expo. It was awful. We only knew we had to get a ticket for the Q&A because we were there from the start. And when it came to the signing, everyone was confused as to where the line was (no direction at all from the organisers) and just ended up standing around in a big mass near the table. Eventually it seemed to sort itself out and people managed to make a line.

Someone mentioned about the Q&A line being filmed - that was indeed for the blog. It was nice seeing Dan Mudford again, who asked us a few questions and filmed our half-arsed attempt at costumes (hopefully we didn't say anything too stupid... mellow.gif ).

The Q&A was quite interesting but as Zombies_Party up there said in his report it was mainly stuff that had already been covered elsewhere. And even that went a bit tits up with the mics not working properly throughout and the guys looking visibly, and understandably, pissed off towards the end because of that. Nick pointed at us and gave us a thumbs up just after he'd walked on and near the start of the Empire interview Simon pointed us out and said "Nice hats!" which was good biggrin.gif

Then after everyone had finished stampeding towards the stage where the t-shirts were being thrown out and the smaller people were getting crushed, most headed to the signing. Lucy and I somehow ended up getting led to the front (I think it was our vague costumes and the fact that we'd been sat by the big 'Hot Fuzz' wall installation thingigummy for most of the day), and talked to Simon and Nick. Simon said "You again!" when he saw us which I thought was great. I really wasn't expecting him to remember us from Wells, but he did. He mentioned Edgar and my site and said he liked it and that it was about time there was a site for "the little guy", which probably meant I was stood there grinning like a maniac. They signed our helmets:

(Despite my best efforts some of that did get rubbed off in my bag.) We got a hug off each of them, with Simon saying, "You'll have to pretend it's Edgar" to me before he hugged me laugh.gif We said goodbye and that we'd see them at the premiere and went to talk to Dan for a bit more and say goodbye to him.

So even though we spent most of the day in queues and standing around waiting for stuff, it was worth it.

The freebies:

T-shirt

Front

Back (that's not my back, I've just turned it around because it's easier to take the picture that way)

Since my scanner is broken, I've had to take these with my webcam but I'll scan them in some time next week if anyone's interested.

Mini-Poster

Postcard 1

Postcard 2

And I've got a few snapshots on my camera to upload later of the 'Hot Fuzz' wall, and maybe of the Q&A if they show up (not likely because of lack of flash).

+Quote Post
Ade
post Oct 29 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #684

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

As always Llama, good work! biggrin.gif Cheers for the mini report. You too, ZP.

Sorry to hear you had such a disastrous experience there though, Kelly.

+Quote Post
feckless_dykey_p...
post Oct 29 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #685

South London to Kent. Oh yes.

Member No.: 4,064

Ahhh you were in the helmets Llama. I wasn't quite sure if that was you or not.

Sorry to hear about your day, WoR sad.gif. There was a NF postcard? Aww I didn't get that one.

As most people have mentioned the organisation was awful. We only knew we had to get tickets to the Q&A because a woman was walking alongside the queue asking if anyone wanted tickets for it. The Q&A was enjoyable and very interesting and I managed to get a t-shirt.

We waited out of the queue for the signing for about 20 minutes before finally being allowed to join it. When we got to Simon and Nick, Simon said "I've seen you before. The forum right? Are you well?" I was well chuffed he remembered me. I had a convosation with Nick about his little finger on the postcard below, because my friend pointed out it looked too long. Don't ask...
They both signed my stuff and with me still not knowing what the convosation with Nick was about, we left.

As well as the t-shirt, I got two mini posters, the postcards which Llama has, plus this one (which sparked off the 'liitle finger convosation' smile.gif ).

This post has been edited by feckless_dykey_prostitute: Oct 29 2006, 12:25 PM

+Quote Post
Llama
post Oct 29 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #686

Learning to walk again

QUOTE (Ade @ Oct 29 2006, 12:47 PM)
As always Llama, good work! biggrin.gif Cheers for the mini report.

Ta! smile.gif

QUOTE (feckless_dykey_prostitute @ Oct 29 2006, 01:20 PM)
Ahhh you were in the helmets Llama. I wasn't quite sure if that was you or not.

When we got to Simon and Nick, Simon said "I've seen you before. The forum right? Are you well?" I was well chuffed he remembered me.

So that was you in the queue there? I'm sorry for staring if it was, I was trying to think of whether to risk it and say hi or not. And it's great that he remembered you too! What a top chap happy.gif

+Quote Post
feckless_dykey_p...
post Oct 29 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #687

South London to Kent. Oh yes.

Member No.: 4,064

QUOTE (Llama @ Oct 29 2006, 01:38 PM)
So that was you in the queue there? I'm sorry for staring if it was, I was trying to think of whether to risk it and say hi or not. And it's great that he remembered you too! What a top chap  happy.gif

I didn't notice if you were staring...but he is indeed a top chap.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Oct 29 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #688

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

I've joined the Fuzz! Yazoo!

Nice to have all the trailers and blogs in one place, plus some pics I hadn't seen before. I'm gonna have to wait AAAAAGES to see it though! Bum.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Oct 29 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #689

Learning to walk again

Here's a few shots of the big wall thing:

Those photos make it look like it was dark in there, it's just because I couldn't use the flash. I tried playing around with the brightness and contrast to see if I could get anything from the photos I took at the Q&A but to no avail. Here's what one looks like in 'Normal' mode:

Oh, and I forgot to mention - Simon said the recently finished full length 'Hot Fuzz' trailer should be shown with the new Bond film. So you'll have to go and see that.

This post has been edited by Llama: Oct 29 2006, 02:08 PM

+Quote Post
Raven
post Oct 29 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #690

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (frostitute @ Oct 29 2006, 04:12 AM)
Wonder why Nick didn't pipe up about Hyperdrive . . .

Would you? tongue.gif

+Quote Post

82 Pages V  « < 44 45 46 47 48 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:45 AM