IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

107 Pages V  « < 103 104 105 106 107 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Live Comedy Thread, are you going to see any?
Zoe
post Aug 17 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #1561

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,309

Hello, just a quick note to say you can catch Michael J Dolan "a very, very funny man" http://www.theskinny.co.uk/article/102930-...ress-to-depress as part of a night of Northern stand-up comedy with a difference at Kings Place on the 3rd of November.

http://www.kingsplace.co.uk/whats-on-book-...nly-alternative

See you there!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Aug 17 2011, 11:13 AM
Post #1562

You do scribble

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,423

QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 17 2011, 11:18 AM) *
Hello, just a quick note to say you can catch Michael J Dolan "a very, very funny man" http://www.theskinny.co.uk/article/102930-...ress-to-depress as part of a night of Northern stand-up comedy with a difference at Kings Place on the 3rd of November.

Fab.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Aug 17 2011, 02:47 PM
Post #1563

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

Great job!

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Aug 17 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #1564

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

Don't miss it, tis very good and funny and stuff /vague plug.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Sep 7 2011, 09:00 AM
Post #1565

Group Icon

Saw Russell Brand last night. His work in progress stand-up was excellent. Doing his traditional riffing on stories in newspapers (usually the Mail) he's at his absolute best. His anecdotes about 'Rock of Ages', particularly Tom Cruise and a Baboon were also hilarious. The second half in which he tried to improvise sketches from audience suggestions with former collaborator Karl was terrible. Ending with a half-hearted rendition of 'African Child' which appeased the superfans and embarassed the rest.

For fans of the radio show Matt Morgan and Noel Gallagher are filling n for Dermot O'Leary this Saturday. Russell is still not allowed in the Radio 2 building, but will be on the phone.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Sep 7 2011, 09:05 AM
Post #1566

Smut by the Sea

I am actually going to see Peacock and Gamble on Sunday, it feels surreal.

+Quote Post
Chapman Baxter
post Sep 7 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #1567

The sick product of a crazy society

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,263

QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 17 2011, 11:18 AM) *

http://www.kingsplace.co.uk/whats-on-book-...nly-alternative

See you there!

I missed this earlier. I've just ordered my ticket.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Sep 7 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #1568

Death of The Party

Going to see Bec Hill & a few chums perform tonight. Should be good, apart from the slobbering.

Male comedians & open micers foam at the mouth sexually when a female comedian performs/is around/exists.

I'm standing at the back, this is going to be embarrassing to watch. Bec on the other hand should be smashing.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Sep 7 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #1569

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

Off to Bestival and thought I'd get some expert advice on whether any of the comedians playing are worth seeing. So here's the list:
Andrew Maxwell, Marcus Brigstocke, Craig Campbell, Ian Stone, Ben Norris,CarlDonnelly, JJ Whitehead,Paul McCaffrey, Keith Farnan, Pappys, Andre Vincent, Late Night Gimp Fight, Barry Castagnola, Tiffany Stevenson, Pete Cain, Seann Walsh, Benny Boot, Scott Agnew, Joel Dommett, Nick Doody, Matt Kirshen, Tiernan Douieb, Rob Beckett, Silky, Tony Law, Colin Owens, Tom Craine, Nat Luurtsema, Eric Lampaert, Sarah Bennetto, Luke Benson, Ben Van Der Velde, Richard Quigley, Hannah George, FinlayTaylor, Suzi Ruffel, Paul McGarrity, Laura Carr, Yianni Agislou and Nishant Kumar.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Sep 7 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #1570

Smut by the Sea

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Sep 7 2011, 10:31 PM) *
Off to Bestival and thought I'd get some expert advice on whether any of the comedians playing are worth seeing. So here's the list:
Andrew Maxwell, Marcus Brigstocke, Craig Campbell, Ian Stone, Ben Norris,CarlDonnelly, JJ Whitehead,Paul McCaffrey, Keith Farnan, Pappys, Andre Vincent, Late Night Gimp Fight, Barry Castagnola, Tiffany Stevenson, Pete Cain, Seann Walsh, Benny Boot, Scott Agnew, Joel Dommett, Nick Doody, Matt Kirshen, Tiernan Douieb, Rob Beckett, Silky, Tony Law, Colin Owens, Tom Craine, Nat Luurtsema, Eric Lampaert, Sarah Bennetto, Luke Benson, Ben Van Der Velde, Richard Quigley, Hannah George, FinlayTaylor, Suzi Ruffel, Paul McGarrity, Laura Carr, Yianni Agislou and Nishant Kumar.

Craig Campbell and Tony Law are a double bill of Canadian awesomeness & Nish Kumar got excellent reviews at Edinburgh this year.

Eric Lampaert is that cock off the 'up your Viva' adverts, and Pappy's have had to pull out (according to Twitter).

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Sep 7 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #1571

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

Saw Neil Hamburger again on Tuesday - the audience were not familiar with his schtick it seems, as there wasn't the call and response enthusiasm when I saw him at Soho Theatre last year. Or maybe they were just really big Britney Spears fans and didn't like his horrible horrible jokes about her. Still, I think he's hilarious and well worth seeing if you want a good character comedian.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Sep 8 2011, 02:34 AM
Post #1572

Death of The Party

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Sep 8 2011, 12:14 AM) *
Saw Neil Hamburger again on Tuesday - the audience were not familiar with his schtick it seems, as there wasn't the call and response enthusiasm when I saw him at Soho Theatre last year. Or maybe they were just really big Britney Spears fans and didn't like his horrible horrible jokes about her. Still, I think he's hilarious and well worth seeing if you want a good character comedian.

Love Neil Hamburger. Love him.

Andrew Maxwell, Marcus Brigstocke, Craig Campbell, JJ Whitehead, Keith Farnan, Tiernan Douieb, Tony Law.

Only commenting on what I know, but all the above are excellent and all champs. Funny that Tiernan & Keith ended up beside each other in my list as they are best chums. Also 3 of these people have been very nice to me, but probably only one will remember (JJ, Tiernan, Tony).

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Sep 8 2011, 08:43 AM
Post #1573

Group Icon

Maxwell is very good live. Craig Cambell is loveable and very funny. Pappys are energetic and fun. Late Night Gimp Fight will get naked. Joel’s charming, Tony Law is a genius. NISH!

Out of the others, Tiff, Nat, Luke & Carl have all entertained me at various points.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Sep 8 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #1574

Death of The Party

Zoz. Is there anything on in your place next week by any chance?

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Sep 11 2011, 04:23 PM
Post #1575

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rua @ Sep 8 2011, 10:31 AM) *
Zoz. Is there anything on in your place next week by any chance?

Ah boo! You pick the one week when the answer is "no". Are you in town? Gigging? I'd love to come and see you.

+Quote Post

107 Pages V  « < 103 104 105 106 107 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:42 AM