IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

107 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Live Comedy Thread, are you going to see any?
fatseff1234
post Mar 11 2006, 01:46 AM
Post #226

Life's a grave, dig it.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,711

I'm off to see Dylan Moran when he's in York in June I think.

Can't wait.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Mar 11 2006, 01:51 AM
Post #227

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

My girlfriend has bought tickets for the Mighty Boosh's 2nd of April show in Southampton. I now feel really, reallllllly guilty, as she's paid for them and it's on her birthday. Must make sure I get her something uber-shiny as a giftage. Otherwise I really am scum.

+Quote Post
butterfly_with_a...
post Mar 11 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #228

Goth Fairy

Member No.: 3,743

Dara O' Brien at the Hippodrome hopefully!

+Quote Post
Ghost_862
post Mar 11 2006, 03:50 PM
Post #229

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 2,633

QUOTE (butterfly_with_a_bomb? @ Mar 11 2006, 11:47 AM)
Dara O' Brien at the Hippodrome hopefully!

oO I'm seeing him in Southend Oo

He played the Palace Theatre (tiny) last year and I was second row, and he had me laughing from the very beginning. He doesn't warm up... he just comes on and grabs you.

This year he's playing the Pavilion, massive, that seats a couple of thousand people. Hope he fills it smile.gif I got front row!!

+Quote Post
whitey
post Mar 15 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #230

never rub another man's rhubarb

Member No.: 2,308

Saw Jim Jeffries and Caimh McDonnell last night. Both brilliant in very different ways.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Mar 21 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #231

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

Saw Mitchell & Webb performing some sketches for their new BBC series last night. It was a mixed bag, but overall very amusing.

And hello to Kick in the Head, who I chatted to during the interval!

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Mar 21 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #232

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

Yes, hi Jessop!

Overall, I thought most of the material was very funny, but quite a few sketches fell into typical sketch show situations, and on second thought, felt as if they were only funny because Mitchell and Webb were doing it. But, considering that it was all spoken without much in the way of visual aid, there was still a lot of quality gags to be had. I wonder if the other 2 guys playing supporting roles will be in the actual show, because I thought they were both superb. And it was a nice surprise to see the lovely Olivia Colman joining in. I'm looking forward to the actual show a little bit more now.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Apr 10 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #233

You do scribble

Saw Simon Amstell @ The Pleasance, Islington, last night.

Mr. Popworld was trying out material last night for his upcoming Edinburgh show. He's a funny chap, although these warm-ups are always a mixed bag. Some of it was good, some of it needed work. Several times he said "Yeah, that needs an ending". I think his material about pop culture is some of his best, but he talks quite a lot about his own life too, which is amusing. Some of the more satirical/ironic stuff just needed more of his confidence to make it work, which will come in time, I imagine.

Look out for an hi-larious filmed section when he departs Popworld this weekend - they recorded a bit for the show last night. If you're very lucky, you will see ipse and me on the front row!

+Quote Post
Twinkle
post Apr 10 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #234

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,699

Ooh I'm going to see Dylan Moran in Hull on the 17th June happy.gif

am very excited biggrin.gif

Twink

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Apr 27 2006, 04:18 PM
Post #235

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

Al Franken on Saturday night, live! It's been years since I've been able to say that!

+Quote Post
ipse dixit
post Apr 28 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #236

Fallon

Member No.: 2,946

Excellent stuff last night from Abnormally Funny People at Soho Theatre, a group of variously disabled comedians. The 'token able bodied guy' who sort of compered between them was probably the weakest, although he still raised a few giggles. Naturally, most of the humour was disability-orientated, from Scouser Paul Betney (a strong - if quite manic - opening act) talking about his Benign Essential Tremor "...I don't see what's so essential about it, and it's not very fucking benign either", to Liz Carr talking about the orgasm potential of cobbled streets for a wheelchair user. Well worth a look.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Apr 28 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #237

You do scribble

Meanwhile, in Jessopland - Armstrong & Miller @ BBC Television Centre. Not really live comedy in this thread's normal sense, so I'll just mention warm-up comedian Russell Howard, who was pretty good - his act ranging from slightly weird observational humour, to fun banter with the audience. Tried to be a little too much like Noel Fielding at times, but strong all the same.

+Quote Post
sugarbum
post Apr 28 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #238

No Pinter

Group: Junior Members
Member No.: 4,362

We were at Armstrong and Miller too. Russell Howard was an added bonus - we might have been stalking him around London a bit of late. But he is a very funny chap. I'm not sure about the Noel Fielding comaparison though.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Apr 28 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #239

You do scribble

QUOTE (sugarbum @ Apr 28 2006, 09:56 AM)
We were at Armstrong and Miller too.  Russell Howard was an added bonus - we might have been stalking him around London a bit of late.  But he is a very funny chap.  I'm not sure about the Noel Fielding comaparison though.

Please tell me you weren't the girl on the back row piercing my brain with your fake laughter...

It was the way Howard would say things like 'Wouldn't it be brilliant if...' or 'I love it when this happens...' like Fielding does, but without genuine excitement, as if he was trying to create energy that way. Don't get me wrong, he was funny, but those bits rang false to me.

+Quote Post
whitey
post Apr 28 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #240

never rub another man's rhubarb

Member No.: 2,308

Die Clatterschenkenfietermaus in Rusholme last night. In all seriousness if these fuckers are playing in your area you need to go and see them. I believe they're at Edinburgh again this year. They are never less than hilarious every time I see them.

+Quote Post

107 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:29 PM