IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

107 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Live Comedy Thread, are you going to see any?
Blind I/O
post Oct 11 2005, 01:36 PM
Post #91

Would you like to see my mask?

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,406

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Oct 11 2005, 01:24 PM)
Stewart Lee

QUOTE (Chris @ Oct 11 2005, 01:26 PM)
Stewart Lee.

I am Jacks green-eyed envy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Downsy
post Oct 11 2005, 02:50 PM
Post #92

Standing on the shoulders of giants

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 35

Demetri Martin is going to be playing the Soho Theatre mid November, I might see if i can get tickets. I've seen a couple of his shows on TV and he looks pretty good smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Oct 12 2005, 09:38 AM
Post #93

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

So Chris - did you end up going last night? I thought I saw you and Hannah (based on extremely vague memories of your photos - and actually, the woman was quite similar looking), and Ipse even went over to ask this chap, but alas, it wasn't you! It was fun seeing them look rather confused though!

As for the show - it was very good:

Rob Rouse - energetic and likeable, with a rather entertaining set.

Ninia Benjamin - Crude and sex-obsessed, but amusing at times.

Marcus Brigstocke - I liked him already from TV - especially 'We Are History', and his stand-up set was political, satirical and very funny.

Jo Caulfield - her traditional female-centric set was fun, but mostly designed for 40+ year old middle-class women.

Stewart Lee - Genius! His set was like a scientific experiment into how to do stand-up - not everyone's cup of tea, but I've always loved his sarcastic manner, and his material was satirical and brilliant

Lee Mack - I've always found him a strange hybrid of old-style northern comedy and quick-witted 'alternative' material, so he was good act but didn't push any boundaries.

+Quote Post
Chris
post Oct 12 2005, 10:21 AM
Post #94

Three Pinter

Member No.: 3,687

JJJ [Adam],

No we didn't go in the end, we were very close to going but Han wasn't feeling up to it so about 6 O'clock we gave our tickets to our friends Kat and Gareth. Sounds like it was good, particularly your description of Stew's slot. I always love it when he does that sort of thing...dismantles jokes, routines and the very 'act' of stand up whilst he's doing it. Sean Lock [my other favourite stand up] has done similar things. It's having the presence and confidence to do it that i like...and impresses me. Even if it wasn't a dismantling as such, it sounds like the kind of set i'd like...well Stewart Lee was doing it, so it's a good start!! I'm sorry i missed it. AND sorry i didn't meet you and Ipse. Would have been nice to finally meet [i've never met anyone from Spaced Out despite living in London, posting here for years, going to gigs, comedy etc - i think i even went to a stand up gig in New Cross the same night Pots was there but didn't meet him] And I'm pretty sure you and I have been at the same Noel Fielding gig. [|Edit] That's Hannah on the left in my avatar!

It gave me time to work on some writing...cos [i've not told anyone on the forum yet, and i'm pretty sure this is the wrong place] i have a "lunch meeting" with my co-writer and a producer/Head of comedy from a well known Production company in Soho today. I'm very excited. We've written a comedy and today we have our first [and who knows, maybe last but i hope not] meeting to discuss and hopefully develop it!!!!! I'm rather excited...too excited for a 33 year old adult. Lunch is on "the Company too"....*must not get incoherently drunk*

C

This post has been edited by Chris: Oct 12 2005, 10:22 AM

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Oct 12 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #95

You do scribble

QUOTE (Chris @ Oct 12 2005, 10:21 AM)
No we didn't go in the end

*must not get incoherently drunk*

Ah, shame you couldn't make it, but sounds like you had a productive time anyway.

Your project sounds interesting - very best of luck with your meeting today. And yeah - go easy on the booze! You don't want it turning out like Seth Cohen's infamous comic meeting.

And maybe we'll meet someday soon anyway - we seem to move in some of the same comic circles.

+Quote Post
cueballthedog
post Oct 12 2005, 10:50 AM
Post #96

Ready to take over the world on june the 6th

Member No.: 4,265

im off to see little britan in plymouth on the 4th of november

yeah me

+Quote Post
kiss my empty ba...
post Oct 12 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #97

Four Pinter

Member No.: 2,712

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Sep 16 2005, 10:28 AM)
Yeah, it's Soho-ho again. I've seen him 3 or 4 times there. I agree Chris - I think the Boosh is great, and Noel is a very charismatic performer, but sometimes you think 'okay, stop there, the joke's gone on long enough'. But he carries it off most of the time. There won't be much of a problem with the audience keeping up though - this Saturday sold out two weeks ago - mainly to Boosh forum members, and they laugh at him blinking most of the time. You could try for the door, but be prepared for dissapointment.

Otherwise, he has 6 or so gigs within the next few months elsewhere, including Brixton and Brighton. I can give you more specific dates and places if you're interested.

im interested coz I tried reserving then and the guy told me the tickets had gone two weeks back so went down ....ive told this story on another thread somewhere anyway im interested I know about brighton and hes playing sohoho later this month but not details thanks happy.gif smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stantz
post Oct 12 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #98

Three Pinter

Member No.: 3,400

im going ot see Lee Evans on the 9th of december

+Quote Post
muul
post Oct 13 2005, 09:18 AM
Post #99

Guests

QUOTE (spunge_mad @ Jul 26 2005, 09:29 AM)
damn you *shakes fist*
i was gonna go and see him but nobody would go mad.gif  *mumbles under breath*

I missed Noble to (in Melbourne), because friends wouldn't organise themselves!

Would you ever go to a comedy gig by yourself? Would that be weird... I watch TV by myself...

This post has been edited by muul: Oct 13 2005, 09:19 AM

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Oct 13 2005, 10:39 AM
Post #100

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Oct 12 2005, 10:38 AM)
So Chris - did you end up going last night? I thought I saw you and Hannah (based on extremely vague memories of your photos - and actually, the woman was quite similar looking), and Ipse even went over to ask this chap, but alas, it wasn't you! It was fun seeing them look rather confused though!

As for the show - it was very good:

Rob Rouse - energetic and likeable, with a rather entertaining set.

Ninia Benjamin - Crude and sex-obsessed, but amusing at times.

Marcus Brigstocke - I liked him already from TV - especially 'We Are History', and his stand-up set was political, satirical and very funny.

Jo Caulfield - her traditional female-centric set was fun, but mostly designed for 40+ year old middle-class women.

Stewart Lee - Genius! His set was like a scientific experiment into how to do stand-up - not everyone's cup of tea, but I've always loved his sarcastic manner, and his material was satirical and brilliant

Lee Mack - I've always found him a strange hybrid of old-style northern comedy and quick-witted 'alternative' material, so he was good act but didn't push any boundaries.

I went to that gig as well! Very much enjoyed the evening, plus we won paintball passes in the charity raffle! Agree that Stewart Lee and Marcus Brigstocke were the best acts, but it was generally entertaining throughout.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Oct 13 2005, 10:44 AM
Post #101

You do scribble

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Oct 13 2005, 10:39 AM)
I went to that gig as well! Very much enjoyed the evening, plus we won paintball passes in the charity raffle! Agree that Stewart Lee and Marcus Brigstocke were the best acts, but it was generally entertaining throughout.

Ah jolly good - weren't you paintball lot down at the front?

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Oct 13 2005, 12:20 PM
Post #102

Cent Dix-Sept

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Oct 13 2005, 11:44 AM)
Ah jolly good - weren't you paintball lot down at the front?

No, there were 2 sets of 8 passes, and we won the 1st set. We were right at the back, but at the front of our table, so we still had a bloody good view. First time I'd actually been to Jongleurs and it was a rather nice venue, I thought.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Oct 13 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #103

You do scribble

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Oct 13 2005, 12:20 PM)
a rather nice venue, I thought.

Yeah, just don't eat there. Fried food city!

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Oct 13 2005, 02:51 PM
Post #104

Cent Dix-Sept

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Oct 13 2005, 01:22 PM)
Yeah, just don't eat there. Fried food city!

But surely that's a good thing?!
I mean salads and fruit are all well and good, but I LOVE CHIPS! biggrin.gif

Having said that, I did order the Chicken Tikka Masala, which came with pilau rice and a poppadom. Oh, and chips. I see what you mean - chips served with a curry is a bit too far...

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Oct 13 2005, 03:26 PM
Post #105

You do scribble

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Oct 13 2005, 02:51 PM)
I LOVE CHIPS!  biggrin.gif
Oh, and chips.
chips served with a curry...
I'm made of chips

Okay, chip-freak.

ps. I adore your avatar.

+Quote Post

107 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 09:37 AM