IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teachers - New Series, Tuesday on C4 10PM!
fear_of_pop
post Oct 27 2004, 12:01 AM
Post #31

fuzzy little man peach

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,279

Lee Williams is great, but hopefully will lose the beard at some point.

I like Ben though. He might be interesting.

I MISS KURT! Sorry... But his eyes were so gorgeous, catching them on a rare closeup shot in all their light yellowy greenness was the main point of watching teachers. oh well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madfish
post Oct 27 2004, 04:55 AM
Post #32

Two Pinter

Member No.: 2,307

well i really enjoyed the episode last night, hopefuly it will continue to be as entertaining through out the series.

+Quote Post
The Phantom
post Oct 27 2004, 08:24 AM
Post #33

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,249

Thought it was good in places and not so good in other places, hopefully it will settle into a groove.

+Quote Post
kateykinz
post Oct 27 2004, 08:45 AM
Post #34

Legal alien

Member No.: 2,418

I got more into it the longer it went on.

Ewan and Ben are lovely. But I miss Kurt. I think Ben will be much like the Kurt character was.

I'm glad no one else knows what happened to Kurt, Brian and Matt as I was starting to think I had missed the last episode of the last series. I'm sure it will come to light eventually.

+Quote Post
rebelstar
post Oct 27 2004, 08:59 AM
Post #35

Guests

QUOTE (Stella MM @ Oct 26 2004, 10:47 PM)
Oh pissly piss. I missed it. So what was the explanation for Kurt, Brian and Matt not being there?

And what was the ridiculousness, reb?

Ach, things like spoofing Simon on his bike by having Bob on a scooter weaving in and out of traffic on the way to school, or the painful attempt to introduce the new Kurt and Brian by even, at one point, having the two new characters dressed like them, people (Bob especially) constantly saying 'fuck' - I like swearing, and find it funny but it was so overused it seemed like they couldn't be bothered actually writing dialogue. That kind of thing.

I'll give it a chance but if they introduce a new character called 'Susanna' who's a sensible psychology teacher, or 'Benny', an uptight English teacher, then I'm switching off.

+Quote Post
Lazlo Woodbine
post Oct 27 2004, 09:47 AM
Post #36

Infamous Wooden Spider

Member No.: 2,273

well, considering they killed off the 3 funniest characters it wasn't half bad. Carol constantly attacking and hissing at the Japanese teacher was a highlight for me smile.gif
A bit hit and miss in places and i agree with Rebelstar about the overuse of swearing seeming pretty lazy. Still, enough chuckles raised to keep me watching next week.

+Quote Post
The Phantom
post Oct 27 2004, 09:48 AM
Post #37

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,249

QUOTE (rebelstar @ Oct 27 2004, 08:59 AM)
Ach, things like spoofing Simon on his bike by having Bob on a scooter weaving in and out of traffic on the way to school, or the painful attempt to introduce the new Kurt and Brian by even, at one point, having the two new characters dressed like them, people (Bob especially) constantly saying 'fuck' - I like swearing, and find it funny but it was so overused it seemed like they couldn't be bothered actually writing dialogue. That kind of thing.

I'll give it a chance but if they introduce a new character called 'Susanna' who's a sensible psychology teacher, or 'Benny', an uptight English teacher, then I'm switching off.

Agreed about the swearing, the dialogue was a bit weak in places. Also don't like Bob as a main character, better when he popped up now and again throughout episodes. We'll see how it pans out though.

+Quote Post
dive1082
post Nov 2 2004, 02:55 PM
Post #38

Guests

QUOTE (The Phantom @ Oct 27 2004, 10:48 AM)
Agreed about the swearing, the dialogue was a bit weak in places.  Also don't like Bob as a main character, better when he popped up now and again throughout episodes.  We'll see how it pans out though.

Having been an avid teachers fan from the very first episode, I was shocked, dissapointed and p@**ed off at the way the script writers have turned a great programme into a dismal boring outdated piece of sh@t.

The new characters are the worst actors I have seen for a long time, and you can almost see the old characters cringing at the storylines.

Lost a vewer here....

+Quote Post
Baz
post Nov 2 2004, 02:57 PM
Post #39

Crumpet?

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,244

QUOTE (dive1082 @ Nov 2 2004, 02:55 PM)
The new characters are the worst actors I have seen for a long time, and you can almost see the old characters cringing at the storylines.

Lost a vewer here....

How can you tell after only one episode? You need to give them time to develope into there roles.

+Quote Post
Baz
post Nov 3 2004, 07:56 AM
Post #40

Crumpet?

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,244

Balls, I forgot it was on as I was watching Hex.

+Quote Post
Stella MM
post Nov 3 2004, 10:18 AM
Post #41

Cursing. Ladies. Dancing. And pleasure.

Member No.: 2,284

Blimey, which acting school did they find the Home Ec teacher in? He's so wooden, you could chop off his limbs and use them for table legs.

Of the new teachers, only Ewen's bearable and that's only because I want to pinch his little cheeks and stroke his slightly embarrassing teenage bumfluff beard.

I think we can safely say this series has jumped the shark.

+Quote Post
williambuckroger...
post Nov 3 2004, 10:22 AM
Post #42

RIZZIO!

Member No.: 2,346

NEXT WEEK, ON TEACHERS:

Bob and Kurt (risen from the apparent dead) steal a motorbike whilst on a drunken rampage after a particualrly bad OFSTED review and ride around the Nevada desert shooting random wildlife. Jenny (also returned from the forgotten past) looks on, ascance.

+Quote Post
rebelstar
post Nov 3 2004, 10:28 AM
Post #43

Guests

I...missed isn't exactly the correct word...couldn't be bothered setting the video for this last night - what whacky things happened in this episode? Entire school abducted by aliens? Bob didn't say 'fuck'? There was a script?

+Quote Post
Stella MM
post Nov 3 2004, 10:40 AM
Post #44

Cursing. Ladies. Dancing. And pleasure.

Member No.: 2,284

Penny got off with a student because she thought he was a teacher, everyone else agonised about whether to tell her or not, Bob ordered a Thai mail order bride, and the Home Ec teacher tried but failed to hold his own against even the most mediocre of actors on the show.

And they all said fuck lots as if to prove that the show was not now so unhip I'm surprised their bottoms didn't fall off (copyright Douglas Adams, 1980ish).

+Quote Post
williambuckroger...
post Nov 3 2004, 10:43 AM
Post #45

RIZZIO!

Member No.: 2,346

i stopped playing GTA:San andreas because i was going to watch it but ended up being on the phone to someone for the duration instead.

its a great game, san andreas! wink.gif

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:57 AM