Total Votes: 69
Guests cannot vote 
UNS
post Mar 20 2005, 05:36 PM
Post #61

Two Pinter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,313

Really they just need to do resident evil with blunt objects and no guns, until right near the end.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ally
post Mar 20 2005, 07:02 PM
Post #62

"It's not a bedsit. It's a flat"

Member No.: 2,232

well its like i said earlier on this thread - they should make a shaun of the dead version of monopoly!!!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Mar 20 2005, 07:21 PM
Post #63

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

QUOTE (Omniscia @ Mar 20 2005, 01:52 AM)
I don't personally think it would work. There isn't really enough in the film for a decent game. Don't get me wrong, I love the film, but I just don't think it's broad enough to support a game.

Dawn of the Dead, on the other hand, would make an excellent game. You've got a whole range of possibly levels to choose from -- the tenement raid, the shopping mall, the airfield. In the case of Shaun, though, if it were a straight adaptation, you'd have a brief driving game followed by a pub shootout, with some walking in between. And all that choice dialogue can't really be played through.

Yes, but the game can have bits added to it - it doesn't have to follow the exact same plot as the film. Take the Harry Potter games for example. They do have the same basic plot as the books/movies but then there's all of those things you do on the side, like learning new spells etc, so a Shaun of the Dead game could do the same sort of thing.

+Quote Post
butterfly_with_a...
post Apr 4 2005, 05:28 PM
Post #64

Goth Fairy

Member No.: 3,743

I Dunno Hows this for a slice of fried Gold?!

Level 1: Bloody Mary- A level cut in half, first half a video sequence showing Mary and the fat bloke then fighting the one armed groom, this should teach you how to pick up items and use them to your advantage! Part 2 is throwing things at Mary and the other one and using your melee weapon (cricket bat) to kill them. This should teach you how to use weapons i.e. hand to hand or just throw them

Level 2: Meet The Parents- A vid then a fight fo the Jag

Level 3:Damsel in Distress-A video sequence and then you have to get to Liz's flat without being bitten, you have to climb up the wall, then after another vid you have to battle your way to the car ( they have to put more zombs though to make it harder)

Level 4:Swingball Wizard- One on One with the Pyjama Zombie!

Level 5:Taking Shortcuts-Get to the Winchester through Shaun's shortcut.Obviosly zombies will be added and it will be made longer so it can be a level.

Level 6:The Getaway-another vid then Shaun running from the zombies.It should be done so if you go to slowly the wave of zombs behind you eats you and there should be some ahead of you to quickly bash as you run (or avoid if you're low risk but you get points for killing them!).

Level 7:Killer Queen- Smack up John the Barman as a zombie to the excellant Queen song, Dont Stop Me Now!

Level 8:Shots At The Bar- The gun battle at the Winchester.

Level 9:Out Of The Frying Pan- Battling outside the Winchester until the army arrive!

When you win with Shaun then it's Ed's time to shine.

Level 1: Bloody Mary-Same as before.

Level 2: Grand Theft Auto-Nick Pete's car and get to Barbara's.(Knocking over zombies for bonus points!)

Level 3: Pranged It- A lovely pointless level in which you get to smash up Pete's car biggrin.gif !

Level 4: Damsel In Distress- drive to Liz's in the Jag, then circle the block 'til Shaun needs picking up.

Level 5: Taking Shortcuts- A vid then follow Shaun and help him take out zombs!

Level 6: Killer Queen- Help Shaun smack up John the Barman!

Level 7: Shots at the Bar- Same as Shaun's.

Level 8: Basement Blowout- Use your last 2 shots to do some damage!(More of a mini-game than a level.)

Bonus Level-After completing both characters play as Shaun leading zombie Ed to the shed.

And That is why Shaun of the Dead has enough stuff to be a game, and a truly brilliant game it would be! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Starscream`s Gho...
post Apr 4 2005, 05:32 PM
Post #65

Alley Viper

Member No.: 3,024

Games of films suck. That`s one constant in this Universe.

+Quote Post
butterfly_with_a...
post Apr 4 2005, 06:47 PM
Post #66

Goth Fairy

Member No.: 3,743

but with the original crew supervising that may change. There's a first time for everything

+Quote Post
romero_zombie
post Apr 22 2005, 02:12 PM
Post #67

We Are The Fiend Club

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE (Omniscia @ Mar 20 2005, 01:52 AM)
I don't personally think it would work. There isn't really enough in the film for a decent game. Don't get me wrong, I love the film, but I just don't think it's broad enough to support a game.

Dawn of the Dead, on the other hand, would make an excellent game. You've got a whole range of possibly levels to choose from -- the tenement raid, the shopping mall, the airfield. In the case of Shaun, though, if it were a straight adaptation, you'd have a brief driving game followed by a pub shootout, with some walking in between. And all that choice dialogue can't really be played through.

You will be happy to know that george romero is working with some games company to make a game based on the trillogy of the dead and land of the dead i guess.

+Quote Post
Cornetto
post Apr 22 2005, 03:17 PM
Post #68

"Now in Bird Flu Flavour"

Member No.: 3,408

If some on had some spare time on their hands maybe they could do an artists impression?

+Quote Post
evil-ed
post May 7 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #69

Guests

while we're on the topic on "...of the dead" topics, the video game company has agreed to let george romero direct the console version of dawn of the dead, no information yet. I will tell you when it happens.

+Quote Post
UncleBone
post May 8 2005, 06:45 AM
Post #70

Guests

Speaking as someone who writes about video games for a living, all these game ideas make me want to kill myself. It's that, or risking possibly playing them, and death seems preferable.

As someone else said, games based on movies suck, it's a universal constant.

If someone can point out TWO movies that were made into good games, I will cop to it and admit I'm wrong. (It has to be original movie properties, so Spider-Man and it's ilk don't count.)

+Quote Post
spacegurl
post May 8 2005, 07:35 AM
Post #71

Member No.: 2,345

I can point out one: Aladdin for the SNES, he he. ( well, i iked it)

+Quote Post
evil-ed
post May 8 2005, 11:44 AM
Post #72

Guests

QUOTE (UncleBone @ May 8 2005, 06:45 AM)
Speaking as someone who writes about video games for a living, all these game ideas make me want to kill myself. It's that, or risking possibly playing them, and death seems preferable.

If someone can point out TWO movies that were made into good games, I will cop to it and admit I'm wrong. (It has to be original movie properties, so Spider-Man and it's ilk don't count.)

The punisher wasn't bad.
Resident evil(if it counts.).

+Quote Post
PrivateIron
post Aug 1 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #73

Guests

QUOTE (UncleBone @ May 8 2005, 06:45 AM)

Goldeneye(N64)(Avg.Score:94.9%)
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butche Bay(XBOX)(Avg.Score:88.5%)

And I don't think SOTD would make a good game unless they added more action and extended the action bits from the film.

+Quote Post
kiss my empty ba...
post Aug 2 2005, 05:33 PM
Post #74

Four Pinter

Member No.: 2,712

you do kinda have the game on the website but I spose your talking about console purposes then its an cool idea

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:30 AM