Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Decent Comedy?, New Comedy
chivaknievel
post Nov 20 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #16

Guests

did anyone ever watch 'We are history' a few years back on bbc 2?
it had marcus brigstocke in and was a spoof history show, a little like look around you but on history. It was brill
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Biccy
post Nov 21 2004, 10:32 AM
Post #17

Dr Mediocre Blowjob

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,750

I happened upon The Mighty Boosh last week and thought it was fantastic, this week's episode was great. Vince's snow outfit was excellent and I loved the rap they did. I can see I'm getting hooked. Oo better join the forum actually. Wonder if there's anyone on there that likes biscuits....

+Quote Post
wherearethespoon...
post Nov 21 2004, 07:19 PM
Post #18

Victor Meldrew Junior

Member No.: 2,677

He's already been mentioned but Mark Steel is really great. The Lectures are superb. I learn things while laughing. Brilliant.

Also The Mighty Boosh is well worth a look. I describe it as a cross between The Simpsons and Chuckvision though that's probably just me.

Max and Paddy is terrible. I've never cringed at something more. The pathetic situations, the need for explaining plots to the viewer - it's all rubbish. Peter Kay - my arse.

+Quote Post
wherearethespoon...
post Nov 21 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #19

Victor Meldrew Junior

Member No.: 2,677

QUOTE (chivaknievel @ Nov 20 2004, 11:23 PM)
did anyone ever watch 'We are history' a few years back on bbc 2?
it had marcus brigstocke in and was a spoof history show, a little like look around you but on history. It was brill

That was very good. Again I was learning while laughing. Marcus is a funny man. I've always liked him but then he appeared in a Simon Nye sitcom and I kind of felt annoyed. But work is work. He did some great radio stuff, more info at: http://www.marcusbrigstocke.com/

+Quote Post
fear_of_pop
post Nov 22 2004, 12:05 AM
Post #20

fuzzy little man peach

Member No.: 2,279

Another good description of The Mighty Boosh is a Mr. Benn for adults!

+Quote Post
Lauren
post Nov 22 2004, 10:42 AM
Post #21

I woke up weak today...

Member No.: 2,575

QUOTE (Biccy @ Nov 21 2004, 10:32 AM)
I happened upon The Mighty Boosh last week and thought it was fantastic, this week's episode was great. Vince's snow outfit was excellent and I loved the rap they did. I can see I'm getting hooked. Oo better join the forum actually. Wonder if there's anyone on there that likes biscuits....

there are lots of people that like biscuits at the forum on www.thebooshisloose.co.uk wink.gif

[/shamelessselfpromotion]

+Quote Post
Lauren
post Nov 22 2004, 10:46 AM
Post #22

I woke up weak today...

Member No.: 2,575

QUOTE (wherearethespoons @ Nov 21 2004, 07:23 PM)
That was very good. Again I was learning while laughing. Marcus is a funny man. I've always liked him but then he appeared in a Simon Nye sitcom and I kind of felt annoyed. But work is work. He did some great radio stuff, more info at: http://www.marcusbrigstocke.com/

Marcus is an absoloute genius, hsi Rants on The Now show are the highlight of my week, in all honesty. Though with the Now show it really does benefit from ebing there and Marcus' tangents that get cut are often better than the rant in the show (His Streets rant should have been broadcast, DAMMIT!).

As for the Savages... he is a self confesstd Slut, hence doing it, but notice how Marcus got all the flack for it ebing poo. Nye and the rest have all gone on to do far better than Marcus and haven't had it dragged up in itnerviews. Marcus on the other hand, can't seem to shake the albatross.

In short, eh is fantastic and if he plays a club near you, make it your business to be there.

Oh, and look in the press section ot Marcus' website...

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Nov 22 2004, 03:27 PM
Post #23

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

While I'm enjoying The Mighty Boosh, its not hilarious. Just kind of 'smile-comedy'. Strangely, its humour feels most in the vein of Rex the Runt, the supoib Aardman series that has failed to get a DVD release for both excellent series (one is available on video, while its oddly available on DVD in Canada, both series).

I'd second Peep Show, while I tend to agree with the consenus on Max and Paddy. While I keep watching, it only has a couple of 'moments' in each show, while Peep Show is filled with greatness.

I also enjoy We Are History and the Mark Steel Lectures and Monkey Dust. And to think the next series of Look Around You is just around the corner as well.

+Quote Post
Jollyjaffaman
post Nov 24 2004, 06:19 AM
Post #24

One day I'll pay for it all.....

Member No.: 2,497

Finally caught up with 'The Smoking Room' last night. I'm not too sure about this one. Some funny stuff but it's not consistant enough. There were also some real groaner gags in there and obvious plot gags.

Spaced is a benchmark.......it's making me too critical! Aaaaaargh!

JJM biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
CazBag
post Dec 14 2004, 01:59 PM
Post #25

Four Pinter

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,487

Thanks all for your recommendations. Gonna get tracking these shows down now.

Anyone know when the second series of Look Around You will be entertaining us?

+Quote Post
rabbit57i
post Dec 16 2004, 03:41 PM
Post #26

Varga Girl

Member No.: 2,531

QUOTE (superfurryandy @ Nov 20 2004, 03:18 PM)
Finally, Max & Paddy is balls - makes you wonder who the real inspiration in the writing team for Phoenix Nights - no Spikey, no Fitzmaurice, no strokes of genius.

Dave Spikey's Newest Show. This sounds like it could be good.

This post has been edited by rabbit57i: Dec 16 2004, 03:42 PM

+Quote Post
The Phantom
post Dec 16 2004, 03:58 PM
Post #27

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,249

QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Dec 16 2004, 03:41 PM)
Dave Spikey's Newest Show. This sounds like it could be good.

Reading about his new show it sounds like 'Brush Strokes' with that guy who now does the Flash adverst Carl Howman is it ??

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 09:50 AM