IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

90 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Mighty Boosh, What the hell are the BBC playing at?
Stella MM
post Dec 1 2004, 07:59 PM
Post #1

Cursing. Ladies. Dancing. And pleasure.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,284

Do schedulers at the BBC go on training courses entitled things like How Not to Schedule a Cult Comedy program or something?

Why on earth have they put The Mighty Boosh on at 7pm? Surely the fact that they have to beep out all the (only mildly offensive) swearwords should have suggested to them that it's the wrong time? And to make matters worse, 7pm on BBC 2 is the slot that always gets fucked around with at the drop of a hat to accommodate shit sporting events that only sad fat old men care about (like sn**ker, for example).

And has anyone seen a single trailer for it? Unlike The Smoking Room which has been trailed ad nauseum.

It's almost like they want it to fail so they can turn round and go "Look, surreal comedy doesn't work. Let's never commission any ever again".

Eejits.

Aaaaannnd breathe...

Now that little rant's over, I'm turning this thread over to general love of the show and all who sail in her.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fear_of_pop
post Dec 1 2004, 08:11 PM
Post #2

fuzzy little man peach

Member No.: 2,279

Ooh, there's been rants-a-plenty on the boosh board I tell ya.

Anyway, yes, it's ace isn't it!

I particularly liked Howard's cream poetry today.
And what is wrong with his chest, hmm? Any ideas?

+Quote Post
billypig
post Dec 1 2004, 08:16 PM
Post #3

Two Pinter

Member No.: 2,654

I don't think there's anything wrong with his chest it's just everyone elses.

And 7pm is a weird time but I quite like it being there because it's weird and my niece gets to watch it and doesn't know why she likes it.

So anyway, it really is a bloody brilliant series isn't it. I do hope it gets commisioned for more episodes.

+Quote Post
Stella MM
post Dec 1 2004, 08:20 PM
Post #4

It's aceness. Aceness upon aceness upon comedy genius.

Why, I haven't been so taken with a comedy show since that little thing starring Mr Pegg and Miss Jessica.

Thing is, the BBC absolutely cannot mess about with the schedule of it. It's the sort of show that grows on you like a funny fungus and if people tune in one week and it's been moved for lawn bowls or some other bollocks, they won't stick with it.

+Quote Post
fear_of_pop
post Dec 1 2004, 08:23 PM
Post #5

fuzzy little man peach

They've commissioned a second series already (woo!)

I too have not liked a new comedy this much in yeeears.

But Howard's chest makes people turn away and wince and cry. What could be under there?

+Quote Post
Lauren
post Dec 1 2004, 08:51 PM
Post #6

I woke up weak today...

Member No.: 2,575

My theory is that they want it to do badly so they don't have to give it as big of a budget next year. God knows they had enough trouble with budget this time around.

And, has anybody else noticed that you see Howard's Chest later in the series (Electro) and theres nothing awry.....

Mind you, Bollo appears after he's dies, so it's not the most continiuty consious show in the world wink.gif

Oh, and I sincerely doubt they'll meet their deadline for writign series 2 - Julian is trying to make noel start a band, so Noel is swanning off with ther mates and his girlfriends band to Paris to play Bass... tut.

I'll have words with that boy next time i see him...

+Quote Post
Stella MM
post Dec 1 2004, 08:58 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Lauren @ Dec 1 2004, 08:51 PM)
My theory is that they want it to do badly so they don't have to give it as big of a budget next year. God knows they had enough trouble with budget this time

I hope they don't have loads of money to spend on the next one. I loved the low-budget look; it was charming. And I can well believe they spent most of the budget on Noel's hair!

+Quote Post
wherearethespoon...
post Dec 1 2004, 09:14 PM
Post #8

Victor Meldrew Junior

Member No.: 2,677

QUOTE (Stella MM @ Dec 1 2004, 07:59 PM)
Do schedulers at the BBC go on training courses entitled things like How Not to Schedule a CUlt Comedy program or something?

Why on earth have they put The Mighty Boosh on at 7pm? Surely the fact that they have to beep out all the (only mildly offensive) swearwords should have suggested to them that it's the wrong time? And to make matters worse, 7pm on BBC 2 is the slot that always gets fucked around with at the drop of a hat to accomodate shit sporting events that only sad fat old men care about (like sn**ker, for example).

And has anyone seen a single trailer for it? Unlike The Smoking Room which has been trailed ad nauseum.

It's almost like they want it to fail so they can turn round and go "Look, surreal comedy doesn't work. Let's never commission any ever again".

Eejits.

Aaaaannnd breathe...

Now that little rant's over, I'm turning this thread over to general love of the show and all who sail in her.

I'd agree with everything you said and also say that it counts with 15 Storeys High (apart from the seven slot). The Boosh is brilliant but I prefer 15 Storeys High and that has been treated a lot lot worse. Those bastards! They know where the can stick The Smoking Room, Shooting Stars repeats and My Family!

+Quote Post
pots
post Dec 1 2004, 09:34 PM
Post #9

escapee

Member No.: 2,818

yeah agree with you, i don't finish work till 7 and don't want to buy a set top box just for one or two programmes.

still, it happened to seinfeld, larry sanders and curb your enthusiasm, plus the second series of 15 stories popping up unannounced.

and i also agree with the shooting stars repeats but what about bang bang / smell of repeats? can only find them on amazon vhs ( remember that ) but i don't want to give my postman a hernia.

+Quote Post
fear_of_pop
post Dec 1 2004, 10:56 PM
Post #10

fuzzy little man peach

QUOTE (Lauren @ Dec 1 2004, 08:51 PM)
Oh, and I sincerely doubt they'll meet their deadline for writign series 2 - Julian is trying to make noel start a band, so Noel is swanning off with ther mates and his girlfriends band to Paris to play Bass... tut.

Ooh, I didn't know that. Lucky Paris.
Julian is the boss of Noel. Ha.

+Quote Post
Lauren
post Dec 2 2004, 01:15 AM
Post #11

I woke up weak today...

Member No.: 2,575

QUOTE (fear_of_pop @ Dec 1 2004, 10:56 PM)
Ooh, I didn't know that. Lucky Paris.
Julian is the boss of Noel. Ha.

thing is, I think Julian had more of a THEM starting a band in mind... not Noel buggering off to europe again with Chris and the girls...

Also, the first series actually had quite a big budget, the cheap props and stuff was on purpose, but they still nearly couldn't afford stuff.

I REALLY need to get this interview with Noel typed up so you can know what I mean...

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Dec 2 2004, 08:36 AM
Post #12

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

I love Boosh, 7pm is crap for me, as I either start or finish work at precisely this time. Doh! Luckily I watched most of it in BBC3. However!!!!!!!!!!!! When it was on BBC3 i had to watch each episode about 4 times before I managed to catch a new one!! I suppose they don't have too much to fill up the slots with though...

+Quote Post
Baz
post Dec 2 2004, 09:48 AM
Post #13

Crumpet?

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,244

I don't have BBC 3 so I didn't see it the first time round, and I didn't even know it was being showed on BBC 2. Whens it on?

+Quote Post
nemasis_of_the_vole
post Dec 2 2004, 09:56 AM
Post #14

Guests

wish they showed it in order and at a better time though because the blanking out of a few swear words is doing my head in!

still i have them all on tape biggrin.gif
Chez x x x

+Quote Post
Stella MM
post Dec 2 2004, 10:13 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Baz @ Dec 2 2004, 09:48 AM)
I don't have BBC 3 so I didn't see it the first time round, and I didn't even know it was being showed on BBC 2. Whens it on?

It's Wednesdays at 7pm, snooker permitting. I thnk they've already shown two epidsodes. Make sure you don't miss Electro - the best show of the series.

You know, I'm really glad I was naughty and downloaded the BBC3 episodes from EMule otherwise I'd probably never have got to see this.

+Quote Post

90 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 02:21 AM