> Land of the Dead, George Romero, Toe Tags, Etc
rabbit57i
post Jun 16 2005, 01:58 PM
Post #76

Varga Girl

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,531

Filmmakers Tribute to Romero

Go to the bottom of the page on click on the link. It's a quicktime, but it's worth the wait. Simon & Edgar comment on Romero. It's nice to see other filmmakers really giving Romero his due.

I am getting excited again. biggrin.gif And Romero looks really good too. When I met him a while back, he was looking a little worse for the wear.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jun 17 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #77

Toasty

Member No.: 2,939

Heads up, PA and vicinity:

------
Copyright 2005 P.G. Publishing Co.
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pennsylvania)

June 17, 2005 Friday

TARANTINO DUE HERE FOR ROMERO OPENING

By Barbara Vancheri

Some famous fanboys are coming to Pittsburgh to pay homage to horrormeister George A. Romero and see his new zombie movie, "Land of the Dead."

Quentin Tarantino, whose distinctive style of moviemaking spawned its own adjective ("Tarantino-esque"), is planning to attend Wednesday's screening at the Byham Theater, Downtown. "Shaun of the Dead" director-writer Edgar Wright and writer-actor Simon Pegg are scheduled to fly in from London. Both apparently filmed cameos for "Land of the Dead."

Romero and his wife, Christine, will be joined on the red carpet by, among others, Greg Nicotero, Tom Atkins, Bill Cardille, Lori Cardille, Tom Savini, Russ Streiner and Joseph Pilato, all of whom have connections to Romero movies.

A limited number of student tickets to see the film are now available for $20.

To order, call 412-456-6666 and be prepared to produce student I.D. (Pittsburgh Filmmakers students included) at the box office.

Otherwise, tickets are: $50 for the movie, which is rated R and starts at 7:30 p.m.; $85 for the movie, a party after at Deja Vu Lounge and parking; $175 for the movie, parties before (Cafe Euro) and after, plus parking; and $1,000 for four tickets, parking, admission to both parties, plus a sponsorship listing in the event program. For $50 or $85 tickets, call 412-456-6666. For others, 412-894-8909.

At the Cafe Euro party, a silent auction will feature replicas of "Land of the Dead" props (the originals are a little too bloody and dirty to sell) along with donations from previous "Dead" movies.

Everyone attending the movie will receive a small poster, and Steeltown Entertainment Project will announce early details of a screenwriting competition that night. Proceeds from the auction and other events will benefit that competition and a series of public workshops on the film business.

For information, go to www.steeltownentertainment.org.

+Quote Post
Cult_Status02
post Jun 18 2005, 08:03 AM
Post #78

"Freeze, Rock!"

Member No.: 3,173

To be completly honost, I thought the trailor looked like shit. Hopefully I am wrong, and I'm sure I will like it no matter what, I happen to like any zombie film, cheap or pricey, just because the make-up is always a bit different, you never know what you'll get. It's like they'll be blue or green or dead! But I'm happy John Liguizamo(sp) is in it, I like him. And edgar looks like one scary mo fo on that poster.

+Quote Post
rabbit57i
post Jun 20 2005, 04:53 PM
Post #79

Varga Girl

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 17 2005, 05:23 PM)
Heads up, PA and vicinity:

Excellent. Although I am near Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh is on the complete other side. Too far away for me I'm afraid. sad.gif

Great Romero/Zombie article!

+Quote Post
rabbit57i
post Jun 22 2005, 03:15 PM
Post #80

Varga Girl

Romero, Back Among the Dead

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jun 24 2005, 04:00 AM
Post #81

Toasty

Member No.: 2,939

I posted this in the news thread, but here it is again: MoviesOnline's coverage of the PA premiere

BTW, the film? FAB. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
rabbit57i
post Jun 24 2005, 03:04 PM
Post #82

Varga Girl

Premiere article

Land of Dead Interview

+Quote Post
Cult_Status02
post Jun 24 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #83

"Freeze, Rock!"

Member No.: 3,173

Yea, I know there are other topics on this, but those are by people that haven't seen it. 1) the picture somone posted in this or another topic of "simon pegg" on top of someone is not him, though it does look a lot like him. 2) I don't mean to be a bitch, but Edgar and Simon's parts are VERY SMALL. I don't mean like cameo small, I mean 3 second shot small, but it's funny none the less. Also, on the cover, that is Edgar Wright, and you see him hanging his head in shame towards the end. It's interesting, I think it was him anyway, but all the zombies move forward and his head looks like it's hanging, looking down. The movie made me laugh a lot, especially because I think one of the Vampires from Dusk Til Dawn is in it (one of the main mexican guys after the big attack in the main room of the bar). This zombie also looked like one of the zombies in one of the other Romero films, can't quite put my finger on which though, sorry, but I think you guys will know who I'm talking about when you see it. I'd say see it (obviously) it's very enjoyable, and some of the zombies are just adorable (hah). Yea, go see it, bye.

+Quote Post
Henry Krinkle
post Jun 25 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #84

Fuelled by Dr Oetker Mozzarella Pizza™

Member No.: 3,821

La de da de da, nothing to say, nothing to say, La de da de da, I 'm looking forward to Land of the Dead, La de da de da etc etc etc

This post has been edited by Henry Krinkle: Jun 25 2005, 10:58 PM

+Quote Post
Chapman Baxter
post Jun 25 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #85

The sick product of a crazy society

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,263

Let the understandable beration commence. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Henry Krinkle
post Jun 25 2005, 10:58 PM
Post #86

Fuelled by Dr Oetker Mozzarella Pizza™

Member No.: 3,821

Don't know what you mean wink.gif

+Quote Post
rabbit57i
post Jun 27 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #87

Varga Girl

QUOTE (Cult_Status02 @ Jun 24 2005, 05:23 PM)
I think one of the Vampires from Dusk Til Dawn is in it (one of the main mexican guys after the big attack in the main room of the bar).  This zombie also looked like one of the zombies in one of the other Romero films, can't quite put my finger on which though, sorry, but I think you guys will know who I'm talking about when you see it.

<Shakes Head> Tom Savini as Blade the biker from Dawn. Honestly, why does he even have to make an appearence?

Anyway....I saw the movie and was very happy. I feel that this movie is what I wished that "Day" was when I originally saw it. Although I appreciate "Day" better now than when it came out, I was very disappointed by it when I originally saw it. Land of the Dead is a worthy sequel to the previous Dead films. It feel to me like "Dawn" for this generation.

It's more of an action film than horror. Lots of story, not so much gore. The only thing that I didn't like was that you really didn't really get into the characters as much as in the other films.

Like "Dawn", you can indentify in a "what-would-I-do-in-this-situation" way. It's very dark and very contemporary. And as with Romero, it is steeped in social commentary.

Simon & Edgar's cameo's (Cameo: a small theatrical role usually performed by a well-known actor and often limited to a single scene;broadly: any brief appearance") is fab! Too bad it's lost on those not in the know. smile.gif

I'm not saying that this is the greatest movie in the world, but I am very happy and not disappointed and am very glad that Romero has returned to the genre that he spawned and didn't pull a Phantom Menace.

Oh, and I was totally creeped out as I went home and expected a zombie to jump out at me as I went into the house. I felt like I did over 20 years ago when I first saw "Dawn". smile.gif

+Quote Post
rabbit57i
post Jul 1 2005, 03:11 PM
Post #88

Varga Girl

Essential Zombie Movies

Interesting criteria. Good primer for the newbies I guess.

+Quote Post
whitey
post Jul 1 2005, 03:14 PM
Post #89

never rub another man's rhubarb

Member No.: 2,308

QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Jul 1 2005, 04:11 PM)
Essential Zombie Movies

Interesting criteria. Good primer for the newbies I guess.

28 Days Later. Pah!

+Quote Post
rabbit57i
post Jul 1 2005, 03:15 PM
Post #90

Varga Girl

Oh yeah, I know. I don't mind it being included, but he refers to them as zombies. Uneducated git! happy.gif

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 02:17 AM