Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
whitey
post Jun 14 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #62

never rub another man's rhubarb

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,308

I can only assume from digi-freeman's upset and disappointed expression that Batman has wet himself.

+Quote Post
Sean of the Dead
post Jun 14 2005, 04:48 PM
Post #63

Conscience gets expensive, doesn't it?

Member No.: 2,924

QUOTE (whitey @ Jun 14 2005, 05:47 PM)
I can only assume from digi-freeman's upset and disappointed expression that Batman has wet himself.

Again? Jesus.

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Jun 15 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 3,514

QUOTE (IMDB.com)
Skywalker As The Joker? It's No Joke

Original Star Wars star Mark Hamill has joined the shortlist of favorites to play The Joker in the Batman Begins sequel. The actor, who played Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi, has become a fan favorite to play Batman's colorful foe. He joins Crispin Glover and Aussie actor Lachy Hulme on the three-strong internet shortlist. Hamill became an obvious choice for some Batman fans after voicing The Joker for the Batman cartoon series. A spokesman for top Batman website Darkhorizons.Com points out, "The net basically picked Christian Bale to play Batman, so who knows." Batman Begins opens across America and Europe this week.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-06-15/celeb/7

"Don't fuck with a Jedi master son!"

+Quote Post
whitey
post Jun 16 2005, 12:30 AM
Post #65

A bit too hammy(l). Works for a cartoon. I like the guy but no.

+Quote Post
Punkass
post Jun 16 2005, 01:49 AM
Post #66

GRACE!

Member No.: 3,791

Went and saw Begins this morning. Was quite good, goes very in depth about the becoming of Batman. Bale is a very convincing pissed off guy when he wants to be. Although I do admit I was hoping he would put on some Huey Lewis before beating some ass at times. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Stink_Palm
post Jun 16 2005, 09:56 AM
Post #67

Two Pinter

Member No.: 2,456

Jesus christ! This movie is awesome!!

Any Batman fans out there who hated Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher's movies and has been begging for a faithful adaptation of the dark knight are going to be over the moon.

It's just a perfect movie, every single thing about it. I almost wept it was so good.

10/10 and in my top 20 of all time already.

+Quote Post
whitey
post Jun 16 2005, 11:45 AM
Post #68

Who hated Tim Burton's?

+Quote Post
A-Friend
post Jun 16 2005, 02:18 PM
Post #69

we’re not making a James Bond movie

Member No.: 3,528

QUOTE (Ingram @ Jun 15 2005, 10:34 PM)
QUOTE (IMDB.com)
Skywalker As The Joker? It's No Joke

Original Star Wars star Mark Hamill has joined the shortlist of favorites to play The Joker in the Batman Begins sequel. The actor, who played Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi, has become a fan favorite to play Batman's colorful foe. He joins Crispin Glover and Aussie actor Lachy Hulme on the three-strong internet shortlist. Hamill became an obvious choice for some Batman fans after voicing The Joker for the Batman cartoon series. A spokesman for top Batman website Darkhorizons.Com points out, "The net basically picked Christian Bale to play Batman, so who knows." Batman Begins opens across America and Europe this week.

I heard about this on the radio today ... would it effectively be a remake of "Batman" then? I don't quite see how it could work unless that were to be the plan, or if they were to put this current crop of Batman films up as being totally seperate, almost like a totally different franchise, representing a DIFFERENT batman (and hence a different Joker).

+Quote Post
Starscream`s Gho...
post Jun 16 2005, 02:21 PM
Post #70

Alley Viper

Member No.: 3,024

Personally I`d LOVE to see Mark Hamill do this, his voice, as we know, is perfect, and I think he can do "nutter" very well.

Plus, he was good as Cockknocker.

+Quote Post
Stink_Palm
post Jun 16 2005, 02:24 PM
Post #71

Two Pinter

QUOTE (whitey @ Jun 16 2005, 11:45 AM)
Who hated Tim Burton's?

Anyone who knows anything about the Batman from the comics. Tim Burton raped the character almost as much as Schumacher. He's never even read a comic, so it's not surprising.

+Quote Post
Stink_Palm
post Jun 16 2005, 02:29 PM
Post #72

Two Pinter

QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 16 2005, 02:21 PM)
Personally I`d LOVE to see Mark Hamill do this, his voice, as we know, is perfect, and I think he can do "nutter" very well.

Plus, he was good as Cockknocker.

Mark Hamill does great voice-work for the character but he doesn't have the physique, and he's too old to play him.

It has to be this guy:

Crispin Glover, aka Marty McFly's Dad.

And it won't be a remake of the original Batman. Burton got that completely wrong. Batman has now entered a completely new universe, none of the other films have anything to do with it. The Joker never killed Bruce's parents, Batman didn't create him. It's following the comics like it should've in the first place.

The real Two-Face story is also most likely going to be retold starting with Harvey Dent working as the DA in the next film helping take down The Joker with Bats and Gordon.

+Quote Post
A-Friend
post Jun 16 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #73

we’re not making a James Bond movie

Member No.: 3,528

QUOTE (Stink_Palm @ Jun 16 2005, 03:29 PM)
And it won't be a remake of the original Batman. Burton got that completely wrong. Batman has now entered a completely new universe, none of the other films have anything to do with it. The Joker never killed Bruce's parents, Batman didn't create him. It's following the comics like it should've in the first place.

The real Two-Face story is also most likely going to be retold starting with Harvey Dent working as the DA in the next film helping take down The Joker with Bats and Gordon.

hmm - interesting. I never really read the comics, so woldn't know what is and isn't a departure from what Batman SHOULD be (although i do know that the last one, with Arnie, was absolutely appalling!!). But it will be a "different" joker in that case, so i think that a number of people who remember the original films but didn't/don't know the full heritage of batman may be a bit confused, as if that film is to be believed the two met and subsequently departed in that film! I'm sure a good marketing campaign will be able to overcome that though.

Looking forward to it, and hope to go and see the new one this weekend!

This post has been edited by A-Friend: Jun 16 2005, 02:36 PM

+Quote Post
super_horse
post Jun 16 2005, 02:47 PM
Post #74

Tastes Like Rust

Member No.: 3,889

QUOTE (Stink_Palm @ Jun 16 2005, 03:29 PM)

If any more bats films are gunna be made with Dent/two face in them i hope they follow the long halloween story that would be cool

+Quote Post
Stink_Palm
post Jun 16 2005, 03:27 PM
Post #75

Two Pinter

QUOTE (super_horse @ Jun 16 2005, 02:47 PM)
If any more bats films are gunna be made with Dent/two face in them i hope they follow the long halloween story that would be cool

That would be awesome. I doubt it willhappen though. I can't say why without spoiling Begins.

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:28 PM