IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Adam and Joe show, Does anyone remeber or like this?
Llama
post Oct 20 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #46

Learning to walk again

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,956

ADAM AND JOE RETURN TO 6MUSIC

"Adam and Joe are to present a new Saturday morning show on BBC 6 Music (09.00am-12.00pm) as part of a new Saturday schedule starting from Saturday 27 October 2007.

Comics Adam Buxton and Joe Cornish have been established names in popular entertainment for more than a decade, rising to prominence with their cult television comedy The Adam and Joe Show and more recently with their radio shows and podcasts.

Adam and Joe's new show on BBC 6 Music will be a laid-back late breakfast show stuffed full of their trademark pop culture parody, inspired audience interaction and passion for great music.

Adam and Joe said: 'We're very pleased and excited about being back on the radio, and as long time fans of 6 Music we feel very lucky to be there. We had a great time filling in for Sean Keavney a while back, and anyone who enjoyed those shows or indeed our old Xfm show can expect more of the same random inconsequential chatter, ludicrous jingles and excellent music on our new show and accompanying podcast. We're looking forward to being there for a long time. As long as we don't get fired in the first 3 weeks, of course!'

Lesley Douglas, controller of BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music says: "Adam and Joe are among the best comic double acts around and so I'm delighted they've agreed to present a regular show for 6 Music. Like all the best double acts they combine their comic gifts with effortless intuition and spontaneity. Their shows for 6 Music earlier this year demonstrated their wonderfully playful approach to radio and were an immediate hit with our listeners. I'm confident this new show will quickly become a must listen show for Saturday mornings."

'eeeeeey!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Oct 21 2007, 03:37 AM
Post #47

Addict

Member No.: 2,347

Eeeeey indeed!

I shall eagerly await the podcasts

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Feb 12 2012, 04:13 AM
Post #48

Addict

Member No.: 2,347

I'm waking this thread from it's 4 1/2 year slumber!

Not for any proper reason really. Just to smugly say that my Adam & Joe Show DVD is now covered in lovely messages from Dr Buckles himself.
He was also kind enough to forge Joe's signature on there for me as well wink.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:47 AM