Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 24, New Series
Kick in the Head
post Jan 16 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #271

Cent Dix-Sept

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,258

Well, I'm not going to read a thing in this topic until season five comes to the UK. I've got Sky One at my student flat, but not at home, so I hope the series comes soon, so I can watch it all before I move out!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UnderSpaced
post Jan 16 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #272

I'll just wait here then...

Member No.: 4,538

Last night's episodes were really good. Can't wait for tonight's episodes!

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jan 16 2006, 06:00 PM
Post #273

Toasty

Member No.: 2,939

QUOTE (Julie @ Jan 16 2006, 04:28 AM)
I shall wait somewhat patiently smile.gif

Oh, alright then wink.gif

To be honest, I had this strange feeling about Palmer, that somehow he wasn't safe the way things ended last year. Which was compounded by the fact that Dennis Haysbert got a new mid-season replacement series on CBS, which never bodes well. (See: Greg Grunberg on Alias...though JJ had the decency not to KILL Weiss!). So that one, while shocking, wasn't a total shocker...does that make sense? Mmm, contradiction. LOL. Plus it's a sturdy plot device for drawing Jack out of hiding, I'll give them that...somewhat of a long-delayed anti-climax considering what Jack went through to save him in S1, and the botched assasination attempt in S2. So sad, so sad...and yet. (Bravo to them for still not invoking the race card, BTW...)

On the other hand....Michelle and Tony. *screams*......god DAMN you, Surnow, you fucking cheat. You're a punk, dude. Y'know what, don't speak....I need to not be around you right now laugh.gif and then... sad.gif

Honestly, I thought that despite the killing off of long-timers willy-nilly, first hour was the best season opener ever after season one....but then by the second hour, they were up to a lot of their old tricks. (New girlfriend and sullen teenage boy? Sick of them already. *cackle*) Jean Smart is BRILLIANT and bodes well for the new cast members, which is the main reason I'm in for this season. (When do Weller & Williams show up? Heh, that sounds like a vaudeville act, Weller & Williams...) It could go either way, tho... too early to tell.

Oh, and Chloe's new "boyfriend"? Dude's a mole. I know it sounds miserably pessimistic to assume that Chloe finally gets a boyfriend and he's a mole, BUT a) he's not even that cute, really, b) she clearly regretted it, a little and c) he looks like he probably can't code C++ for shit, anyway, so she can totally do better.

I heart the Rajskub. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Jan 16 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #274

Member No.: 3,514

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 16 2006, 06:00 PM)
Oh, alright then wink.gif

Excellent commentary as always 30H, definitely an awesome two episodes - the first one being far superior to the second. I hope it's not a precursor to the rest of the series; big opener, I was positively tingling throughout, with an adequate second episode that has set us up for much bigger things.

A few issues I had better spoiler just in case anyone stumbles in:

I know by the end of the second the President is removed from suspicion but I still don't like that guy. The kid is going to annoy me; why couldn't you just leave?! I think if Jack had stressed how important it was for them to go to CTU and clear him then ... oh well no point in worrying. I guess it all falls on Chloe's head now to get Jack in the clear, and with "Not that cute Mole guy" on the case I'm sure she will stumble at every turn.

All for now, but more tomorrow no doubt.

This post has been edited by Ingram: Jan 16 2006, 08:58 PM

+Quote Post
Julie
post Jan 16 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #275

Hot Lips.

Member No.: 3,352

I shall reserve my lustful... ahem... excited ramblings until the end of tonight's episodes.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Jan 17 2006, 12:46 AM
Post #276

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

Yeah, I reserve comment until the end of tonight's installments, as well. Maybe tonight we'll finally get to see Sean Astin.

+Quote Post
Julie
post Jan 17 2006, 03:25 AM
Post #277

Hot Lips.

Wow.

Ok, since Chloe's first scenes, she's been one of my favourite characters, and she continues to rock. Seems like she's taking pages out of Jack's book and I love it! "Do you want me to find out who's face that is? Or..... do you want me to just go wait in holding" She continues to be both comedic relief and one of the characters involved in advancing some of the best plot points. Love her.

Next, Tony. Good Lord, I hope he's ok. I hope he makes it into the season. I love that guy, too!

Now, the actual show. Ok, it's obvious that what Palmer knew wasn't about the Airport, which was easily called as small potatoes early on, but about the nerve gas, as it related to the guy who gave Badger the key card. Yes, I'm going to keep calling him Badger, just like I keep calling the new guy running CTU Mikey. Speaking of whom, did anyone else get the impression that he is in some way related to Bill, like son-in-law type relationship? Anyways, I did mention I was going to ramble, but I apologize anyway. Back to the plot. How very Die Hard 2! I'm very interested, though, to see how they're going to make this plot different from the last bio-terror plot, and for that matter, both nuke plots. If they can. I hate to admit it, but I'm also very excited to see how Audrey and the new broad (shut it, I'm terrible with names) meet and explain their connections to Jack. As for not-cute-mole-man, I don't think he's the mole. It's just like the writers to make you start second guessing someone, just a little bit, and then turn things around on you. Look at Gael in the third season! And on that note, I have just realized that I am far too into this considering that I have to be up to take care of patients for 12 hours in less than 6. More to follow, I'm sure.

Oh Jack Bauer, if only you weren't a fictional character, and for some reason had a fetish for slightly chubby, nerdy, Canadian nurses. In a perfect world...

This post has been edited by Julie: Jan 17 2006, 03:26 AM

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Jan 17 2006, 06:11 AM
Post #278

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

Well, so far, so good, I guess. Now that we're 1/6th of the way into this, the fifth season, I'm finding it much easier to not only suspend my disbelief, but throw it entirely out the window, which helps keep things feeling fresh. Yeah, a lot of it seems to echo earlier happenings in the course of the show, which makes me suspect that either they're grasping at straws, or they're trying to put the audience at ease by starting on familiar territory, only to pull the rug completely out from under us later on down the road.

First impressions:

Sean Astin. So far, he's less the steady, stalwart, quietly-heroic Sean of "The Lord of the Rings," and more the vaguely-irritating little guy with something to prove of "Rudy." But we've only seen him in one episode so far.

The White House. Oh, goody, that jittery, paranoid twit Logan is back. And I'm not talking about the First Lady. Good to see Mike's still around, as well as our favourite Secret Service agent, Aaron. Walt creeps me out, and I hope he gets what's coming to him.

Finally, that was so cruel, treating us to a moment with certain characters, before ripping them right from the series within the first few minutes. I wonder if Kim will meet the same fate...

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jan 17 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #279

Toasty

QUOTE (Omniscia @ Jan 16 2006, 10:11 PM)
I'm finding it much easier to not only suspend my disbelief, but throw it entirely out the window, which helps keep things feeling fresh.

That does play to one's wild advantage, doesn't it? ;-) BTW, I have yet to watch tonight's installments; I was at a birthday party tonight so I'll watch 'em tomorrow...

I wonder if Kim will meet the same fate...

Oy. Dare we even dream...

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Jan 17 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #280

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 17 2006, 08:49 AM)
Oy.  Dare we even dream...

You take that back right now 30H! tongue.gif

After 9AM - 11AM I must admit I think it's still on top form. At the end I was half expecting Jack NOT to go back to CTU with them, surely he realises that it will only be an anathema to tracking down the 'sleeper'. I don't care how good he could give a description - which, by the way, was poor - he is the only field agent to have seen the 'sleepers' face and to me that seemed too invaluable to waste. All he had to do on leaving the hostage area was dump his jacket and tie and they would be looking for a needle in a bloody haystack!

Anyway, I hate to dwell on what has happened that I can't change so let's move straight on to what I liked and didn't like about the episode:

Sean Astin... nope. Just doesn't seem right. "Bring Mr Bauer back to the shire (CTU) Gandalph sir so I can eagerly exploit my hidden agenda which I clumsily revealed within two seconds of being on screen with you sir!" That character is so transparent already, I give more credit to the 24 writers than that so I can only assume it's a double-bluff...

It's becoming more and more like the writers want us to believe that Chloe's new "not-so-cute-mole-guy" is in fact a mole, and from the first of the two episodes that was still my impression. However after the introduction of Astin and the back-story that Moley provided for him... I'm unsure. At this point I'd go out on a limb and say we have enough mole/sleeper-type characters for now, so he isn't a mole... but he will do something fairly significant, I think that's obvious.

Finally, it's looking like the kid is almost out of the picture. Snivelling so-and-so almost got Jack killed. Grr.

Looking forward to next weeks episode already.

This post has been edited by Ingram: Jan 17 2006, 06:03 PM

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jan 17 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #281

Toasty

QUOTE (Ingram @ Jan 17 2006, 10:02 AM)
You take that back right now 30H!  tongue.gif

*bangs on the cougars' cage, gets them all riled up*

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Jan 17 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #282

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 17 2006, 06:09 PM)
*bangs on the cougars' cage, gets them all riled up*

laugh.gif

Have you seen the eps yet? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jan 17 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #283

Toasty

QUOTE (Ingram @ Jan 17 2006, 10:56 AM)
Have you seen the eps yet?  I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Not yet....must watch tonight. Work is kicking my ass at the moment...

+Quote Post
Julie
post Jan 23 2006, 03:41 AM
Post #284

Hot Lips.

http://www.notrly.com/jackbauer/index.php?topthirty

It's about time.

If Jack and MacGyver were locked in a room together, Jack would make a bomb out of MacGyver and get out.

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jan 23 2006, 07:04 AM
Post #285

Toasty

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer fucking hates lemonade.

laugh.gif Brilliant, Jules. Even better than the Vin Diesel one.

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:17 PM