42 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 24, New Series
Ingram
post Jan 23 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #286

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,514

If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.

laugh.gif

Oh and...
Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.

These are awesome.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Julie
post Jan 23 2006, 01:31 PM
Post #287

Hot Lips.

Member No.: 3,352

My roommate and I spent about an hour last night pissing ourselves reading them.

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jan 24 2006, 06:19 AM
Post #288

Toasty

Member No.: 2,939

And I re-iterate...

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 16 2006, 10:00 AM)
Oh, and Chloe's new "boyfriend"? Dude's a mole.

Did I call it or did I call it? happy.gif

+Quote Post
Julie
post Jan 24 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #289

Hot Lips.

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 24 2006, 02:19 AM)
And I re-iterate...
Did I call it or did I call it?  happy.gif

Well played. However... I knew they wouldn't let us down by making it that flat out obvious, I liked the twist that he didn't know he was doing it.
Very enjoyable episode. So glad Jack got to kick some ass again but that cracked rib is going to play an interesting part in the rest of the season. The Jack and Audrey scene nearly killed me (silly, silly girl I am) and I loved seeing Chloe emotional, even if she is socially inept. And you should have seen my roommate and I when we realized that the doctor was not a doctor but the assassin and thought he may have killed Tony... priceless. I have a feeling, however, that Walt isn't the only problem in the white house, the way his conversations with the president went lead me to believe he may also be involved somehow. Maybe he's planning on swooping in and saving Russia so he'll get the rest of the world into some sort of pact. All I know is that this is much more far reaching than it appears. And.... team.

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Jan 24 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #290

Jack Bauer is my God. What an excellent follow-up episode to the first set of four, really tied up some loose ends and made some good progress with the story. As for comments and questions:

I wonder what sort of role the 'first crazy™' is going to play because now CTU knows about the white house involvement there is nothing new for her to tell anyone important - maybe her story will act as confirmation of what Bauer will tell the President. Although next episode it is clear that Mike will be the only sympathetic character to Bauer in terms of White House staff.

I can see that there is going to be a lot more - oooh Jack we all thought you were dead - but only in order to keep to the unity of time apparent. It will get real old real fast though. Except in the case of Tony; if that dude ever wakes up then I seriously want some male bonding. Problem is unless he wakes up in the next couple of episodes it will seriously stretch believability to bring him into the story in any meaningful way.

I think I'm finally on-board with Astin's character, since he didn't try to pull any stuff with Jack I can only assume he is on the level. Aside from that the power conflict between him and Buchanan may still boil over. And we have yet to know whether he authorises any action by Jack, although intimated to it at the end of this episode.

All in all good stuff. Oh and 30H you were right...ish.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Jan 24 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #291

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

Why it there always a mole inside CTU? It's getting a little old.... And who didn't immediately figure out that the "doctor" was going to try and off Jack? I kinda wish Jack's temper hadn't flared up, though, and he'd let the guy live, and hope they could glean some information from him. If he did anything to Tony, though, he got what he deserved.

And that cracked rib of Jack's will probably just take some tape and a couple aspirin to fix. Remember his knife wound from Day Four? That didn't slow him down any...

If the First Lady winds up in the hands of the Chechens (though they still haven't been confirmed as such), I'm going to throw my hands up in defeat and just try and accept it.

Finally, do you suppose we'll see any more of Wayne Palmer? His thread was kind of left hanging...

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Jan 24 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #292

No way would that guy have known anything. It would have been a long shot.

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jan 24 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #293

Toasty

QUOTE (Julie @ Jan 24 2006, 02:57 AM)
I knew they wouldn't let us down by making it that flat out obvious, I liked the twist that he didn't know he was doing it. 

Yeah, pretty much the only route to go so as to prevent it from being a repeat of AIEEEEEEEE!sha from last season. Though given the fact that this time it's a fella and last time it's a chick, well there's the "Joel's a misogynist" argument again. Now, now, don't flip out all of you, I'm not championing it; like I said before, I don't know the man personally so who's to say. But he makes it SO damn easy sometimes. Oh, and I WAS right Ingram...if I had said he was an evil mole I would have been right-ish. All I said was he was a mole. wink.gif

I loved seeing Chloe emotional, even if she is socially inept.

She's the most interesting character on TV at the moment, by a long shot. Not merely in and of herself but for what she brings to a show that sorely needs a dose of realism to keep it in check. wink.gif (Yeah, I know, I like the implausible hijinks too, but still...)

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Jan 24 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #294

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 24 2006, 06:12 PM)
Oh, and I WAS right Ingram...if I had said he was an evil mole I would have been right-ish.  All I said was he was a mole.

No way. You were off 30H, off by a miliscule margin sure, but off nonetheless! I've come to expect a little more microscopic accuracy from your predictions.

+Quote Post
whitey
post Jan 27 2006, 01:28 AM
Post #295

never rub another man's rhubarb

Member No.: 2,308

saw this posted on another forum and thought it was pretty funny.

+Quote Post
Julie
post Jan 27 2006, 01:52 AM
Post #296

Hot Lips.

Superlative.

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Jan 27 2006, 10:23 AM
Post #297

Oh dear happy.gif

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jan 31 2006, 05:26 AM
Post #298

Toasty

Anyone who continues to insist that 24 is right-wing propaganda after tonight's episode needs a big fucking smack in the face.

They probably voted for Nader, too.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Jan 31 2006, 05:47 AM
Post #299

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 31 2006, 01:26 AM)
Anyone who continues to insist that 24 is right-wing propaganda after tonight's episode needs a big fucking smack in the face.

Well, as long as torture always works and always gets the critical information within the space of a minute, they'll keep saying that. I'm not saying that I feel it's propaganda, but that's a central tenet of many arguments I've heard. It's quite enjoyable as long as you keep your head on straight and never for a moment assume it's even remotely reflective of reality.

Anyway, this week was much better than last, as far as I'm concerned, although I am a bit miffed that President Logan (is his predecessor dead, or still comatose?) still doesn't have the fucking balls to rebuff Cummings. Good thing Aaron's still around. And what happened to Mike?

That said, I'm a little concerned about next week, because, if the IMDb is to be believed (I know, I shouldn't look...), Kim's back. We shall see, though.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Jan 31 2006, 10:35 AM
Post #300

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

Saw a trailer for the new season in the UK. Sky One - February. Does anyone know if there's a more exact date?

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 01:46 PM