Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 24, New Series
Julie
post Jan 31 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #301

Hot Lips.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,352

Fuck yeah. That was one solid piece of entertainment. I can't believe how quickly they wrapped up the whole mole inside the whitehouse business! Very cool. I'm starting to think the nerve gas isn't going to be the worst thing that goes on here this season. And the Jack/Audrey bits make me a little verklempt.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WiseJoeyD
post Jan 31 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #302

Rally ye! They are but girls with teddies

Member No.: 3,346

Hurrah! Saw the first episode.

An entertaining mix of Neighbours, some 80s soap and ye olde 24.

Those perms... Chloe's man-jaw..... Keifer abducting young boys. Not vintage 24 or even particularly good but it was enjoyable.

Also, what was up with meldoramatic crazy pyscho First Lady?!?!? Dunking her head face first into the sink made me rewind it to make sure I'd seen what I'd just seen!!

Again very soapy; as a friend said it felt like someone out of Eastenders would pop in any moment!

Sad to see decent characters go to be replaced with Chloe O'Roids, Edgar and Crazy First Lady.

What did yous think of the smoke screen JAck made?!
It only midly clouded the air to hilarious effect as anyone could see through it easily.
If only those stupid villains had removed their 80s sunglasses

This post has been edited by WiseJoeyD: Jan 31 2006, 03:04 PM

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Jan 31 2006, 06:40 PM
Post #303

Toasty

Member No.: 2,939

QUOTE (Omniscia @ Jan 30 2006, 09:47 PM)
Well, as long as torture always works and always gets the critical information within the space of a minute, they'll keep saying that.

That's kind of my point, though....if they're going to focus on just that one aspect of the show as their argument, then....smack 'em. Particularly after last night's planted WMD's storyline. I really hope someone in Murdoch's office was watching last night....see that?! See that blatant Bush adminstration baiting? That's your hit show, Rupes! Bwahahahaha. laugh.gif

In retrospect, it was a little too rushed, but it was an exciting hour. And I just love Secret Service Aaron; he has always been terrific.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Jan 31 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #304

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

I am also glad to see Bill teaching Lyn to be a man, and not some sissy bureaucrat.

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Jan 31 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #305

Member No.: 3,514

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 31 2006, 06:40 PM)
And I just love Secret Service Aaron; he has always been terrific.

Oh so true. He and Palmer made such an excellent little partnership way back when.

+Quote Post
WiseJoeyD
post Feb 1 2006, 03:46 PM
Post #306

Waaaaay back in episode 2, I'm not entirely getting why Jack's gone back to Palmer's building thus puting himself in danger. Surely it'd be to the other side where the sniper took his shot?

I don't care if you spoil it for me by the way, just PLEASE tell me crazy First Lady dies!

Her brand of melodrama doesn't sit well with the show. We already saw a failed "cry for her" story last series with that girl commiting suicide, get back to blatant swipes at Bush's government!

This post has been edited by WiseJoeyD: Feb 1 2006, 03:46 PM

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Feb 1 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #307

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

Well, saw some adverts on bus stops (avec trailers and all).

Sunday February 12th!

The BAFTAs are the next week so I'll miss them to watch the next episode f'sure. Reminds me of when Chris Morris didn't pick up his BAFTA for best short film, and the person who received it in his place said it was because he was at home watching 24. Genius.

+Quote Post
WiseJoeyD
post Feb 1 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #308

Surprised how fastSKy got this out over here. Only 7 behind and then they take their break don't they.... or has that "Sweeps" already happened?

+Quote Post
Svein
post Feb 13 2006, 10:22 AM
Post #309

I'm sorry; I meant, "Drop dead, *comrade*."

Member No.: 3,252

WOW... What an opening 10 minutes... That's gotta be the highest bodycount yet! I expected a few things, but the death of President Palmer was the furthest thing from my mind...

+Quote Post
Sean of the Dead
post Feb 13 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #310

Conscience gets expensive, doesn't it?

Member No.: 2,924

QUOTE (Svein @ Feb 13 2006, 10:22 AM)
WOW...  What an opening 10 minutes...  That's gotta be the highest bodycount yet!  I expected a few things, but the death of President Palmer was the furthest thing from my mind...

Exactly what I was thinking. It was so sudden, usually there would have been a big build up, but straight away BANG! Bullet through your neck, Mr. President. Brilliant season opener.

+Quote Post
Henry Krinkle
post Feb 13 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #311

Fuelled by Dr Oetker Mozzarella Pizza™

Member No.: 3,821

I was more shocked by the car bomb. When Edgar said "Tony and Michelle have been hit" I assumed that they had both died. Luckily, Tony is just very badly injured. Still, it's a shame he's lost his wife, after they were doing so well together and all.
Did anyone else notice Chloe's shameless attempt to show off her shoulder tattoo as much as possible. Why does anyone wear a dressing gown off of one shoulder like that?

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Feb 13 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #312

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

It was a rather mad couple of episodes that's for certain. I do hope Chloe does get ditched somewhere. The only expressions she can pull are 'panicked' and 'concerned' and both make her look like she's just been given a really hard maths problem to work out.

And this babbling First Lady subplot feels a lot like the series 4 CTU head's troubled daughter, as if to give 2D characters a bit more...character. We'll see how it pans out.

But apart from that, lots of action, officials looking grave, and Jack said "Please", his sorta catchphrase when asking people to do things for him, just like Tony always says "Aight" ("All right") in whispery breath.

+Quote Post
Henry Krinkle
post Feb 13 2006, 12:16 PM
Post #313

The mental First Lady was a bit rubbish, but you just have to accept some things with 24 and let them slide. Like that kid, Derek, running into the airport because he saw some men getting out of a van. "There's something wrong here" he said. He's only been hanging with Jack for a couple of hours and already he can spot a gang of terrorists a mile off. That's some mad skillz right there.
I wanted to slap him hard when he asked Jack "How could you just shoot him like that?" after Jack shot dead the man that had just chased them round a disused oil refinery with 5 of his heavily armed mates. If it were me I'd run over and put the boots into his corpse before giving Jack a big thank you hug. But that's just me.
I think Chloe's great, and I hope she stays around for more episodes. It's the way she seems so unimpressed at everything that I love. That, and the way she shot that bloke to pieces in the last series.
Likewise, I love bumbling lispy Edgar. I hope he's sees off the new good looking charmer at CTU and wins Chloe's heart. Then they can retire from CTU and set up a business together before being blown up at the start of the next series.

+Quote Post
WiseJoeyD
post Feb 13 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #314

QUOTE (Henry Krinkle @ Feb 13 2006, 10:48 AM)
Why does anyone wear a dressing gown off of one shoulder like that?

You're asking for sense of Mandible O'Briens actions!?

Do you see how it's very soap-y this eries and has all but abandoned it's real time tag (Events may as well be taking place hours/days apart).

I am enjoying it though. LIke Lost, I can bitch and whine but I still love the preposterous seriousnesss and antics..... and guessing when Sean Astin is standing on a box!

+Quote Post
Henry Krinkle
post Feb 13 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #315

See, you're miles ahead there, because I've yet to see Sean Astin show up. I look forward to it though.

You're right about the real time element going out the window thought WiseJoeyD. The ex-president gets shot, and withing about 3 minutes the TV stations are airing tributes to him. Not only is it incredibly fast for news to get to broadcast that quickly (and not even be an unconfirmed report, but an official release), but it's highly suspicious that those tribute VT packages were at the ready. Those news networks know too much, and Jack should start his search for answers there.

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:10 PM