IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Are you new?

Please feel free to say hello here in the New Members thread.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> SPACED FAQ - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!, Last up date - 17/08/08
Baz
post Feb 18 2005, 03:48 PM
Post #1

Crumpet?

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,244

So here it is finally. An updated Spaced FAQ. Hopefully we've answered all the questions people have been asking, but if there is something you feel needs to be added, then please pop me or any of the other Moderators a PM, and if we can answer it, we'll add it.

And so it begins.....

What is the song playing at the end of episode 1.7, as Tim, Daisy are dancing?

The song is called 'Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby' by Louis Jordan and the band performing it in the scene is Simon's dads band.

What is the song playing at the end of episode 2.7, as Tim, Daisy and Colin are sat on the bean bag?

That would be The Staunton Lick, by LemonJelly, which is on their album "KY".

This song is also used at the end of the "Skip To The End" documentary on the 3rd disc of the "Collectors' Edtion" box set.

What is the song on the main menu of the series 2 DVD?

The Mit Out Sound, by Sons of Silence. It also plays during the dole office scenes of episode 2.2.

To find out what music is used in Spaced, check out the music guides avaliable on the main site.

Series 1 music.

Series 2 music.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Baz
post Feb 18 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #2

Crumpet?

Will there be a 3rd series of Spaced, or even a Spaced special?

While there may not be a 3rd series heading our way any time soon, Simon, in response the now defunct Spaced US remake posted a little snipped called "Spaced - Sedition" over on the peggster.net blog. Click here to read it.

In response to a full 3rd series of Spaced, the only thing we do know is that the cast are very busy people now and it would be hard to get them all back together to film a 3rd series.

Here's what Simon and Nick say on the subject in an interview for chud.com.

Q: I read on Spaced-Out that you and Jessica [Stevenson, his co-writer and co-star] had been doing the tour to support the Spaced DVD and you guys wrote the first scene of the first episode of a  third series of Spaced. How serious is this?

Pegg: I don’t know. It’s hard now that we’re doing the movie side of it. The idea of committing to another series of Spaced seems quite unlikely because it takes so much time. We have to get everybody back together – Nick-

Frost: [makes that money sign by rubbing his thumb and forefinger] I’m expensive now, you know!

Pegg: Yeah, he’s tough. But me and Edgar and Jess did a tour of everywhere and went out for a drink and sat down and thought about the first episode of a new series. We figured we weren’t going to pick up where we left off at the end of series 2, we would go on a couple of years since we’re slightly older now.

Q: Would you pick up where you ended that retrospective documentary, with Tim and Daisy having a kid?

Pegg: No, that was a bit of closure for people. I’m happy people responded so well, I had a feeling people might go, “Oh man, that’s not fair!” But yeah, that was great. It was fun to be back at the house and dress up like Tim and Daisy again.

Please note that Spaced-Out is not responsible for any external site.

+Quote Post
Baz
post Feb 18 2005, 03:50 PM
Post #3

Crumpet?

Will Spaced get an American DVD release?

Spaced is now available on R1 DVD.

SPACED: THE COMPLETE SERIES BONUS FEATURES
New exclusive commentary with director Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes (nee Stevenson) and guests Quentin Tarantino, Kevin Smith, Bill Hader, Matt Stone, Patton Oswalt and Diablo Cody.
Exclusive Spaced On Stage reunion Q&A recorded at the National Film Theatre, London in October 2007.
“Skip to the End” - Exclusive feature length documentary
“Spaced Jam” by Osymyso
Outtakes
Trailers
Deleted scenes
Raw footage
Photo gallery
Homage-O-Meter - An onscreen feature that tracks each pop-culture reference
Newly updated cast and crew biographies

The DVD is available from all good stores and also online. Prices vary so shop around to get the best price.

UK residents can also buy the box set from sites like Amazon and Play.

Please note that Spaced-Out is not responsible for external sites.

+Quote Post
Baz
post Feb 18 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #4

Crumpet?

Where can I download Spaced, Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz?

You can now buy Spaced Series 1 & 2 and Shaun of the Dead from iTunes.

Spaced is available for £8.99 a series or for £1.89 per episode. Spaced is only available through the UK iTunes store.

Shaun of the dead can be purchased from iTunes for £6.99 and will be available to rent from November 30th 2008.

Shaun is also available through the US iTunes store for $9.99 or you can rent the film for $2.99.

Hot Fuzz is not available to download yet, but will be at a future date.

Please note that you will need an iTunes account to be able to download Spaced and Shaun of the Dead. You can download iTunes here.

Please note that Spaced-Out is not responsible for any external site.

+Quote Post
Baz
post Feb 18 2005, 03:56 PM
Post #5

Crumpet?

Where is the Spaced house?

The house is somewhere in North London, which is all the information we will give you out of respect for the privacy of the residents of the house.

So where are all the other Spaced locations?

All locations are in London.

The Monarch, in Camden. Home to The Barfly club. This is where the infamous 'tequila shots' were filmed for Ep2.5 'Gone'.

Similarly, the Tup, in Camden, was also featured in Ep2.5 as the pub outside which Tim and Daisy are accosted by the Romford gang.

The Corrib's Rest, in Queen's Park. This is Tim and Daisy's 'local', for want of a more accurate word! (This is the pub they go into at the end of series 1 and the beginning of series 2).

The cafe that Brian goes in with his mum is in 'Roundwood Park' near the entrance.

Some scenes from Series 2 were filmed on 'Holloway Road'.

The comic book shop is "They Walk Among Us" in Hammmersmith, but I do believe it has now closed down and moved to a new location.

The scene where Daisy and Tim got to know each other was filmed on 'Middleton Road'.

+Quote Post
Baz
post Feb 18 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #6

Crumpet?

Will there be any more conventions?

Who can say. It all depends on if people are up for it and we can work something out with any of the cast members, as they are very busy people these days. Of course even if we were to have another convention, we can't guarantee that any cast members will turn up.

You'll just have to watch this space(d).

Can we contact the cast through this site?

At this moment we can only pass on your comments and E-mails, but we can't guarantee that you'll get a reply.

You can send your E-mails to: admin@spaced-out.org.uk

Another way of contacting the cast is to go through their agent. We will not supply agent details on this site but you can find them on the net if you look hard enough.

+Quote Post
Baz
post Feb 18 2005, 03:59 PM
Post #7

Crumpet?

Is there any Spaced merchandise?

There's no offical merchandise apart from the dvds and series 1 soundtrack. But you can get various things that are used in Spaced, like the "Happy and Stressed" mug and some of the clothes Tim wears.

The "Happy" and "Stressed" mugs can be bought from Woolworths and cost 99p each.

Tim's Flash T-shirt can be found here.

Tim's Green Lantern T-shirt can be found here.

Daisy's clothes:

QUOTE (Jessica Stevenson from a C4 web chat)
A lot of them are mine. A lot of second hand stuff really. I borrow a lot from my mates too, but just second hand shops really and Jungle on Seven Dials, Covent Garden.

Where can I get a Chocolate Beanie hat from?

The hat was made by the skateboarding company Chocolate.

Sadly these hats aren't being made anymore, so finding one would be a hard task and you'd be a very lucky person if you were to manage it. Simon did state that he bought the hat from Carnaby Street in Central London, but he didn't say which shop.

You might be able to find one would be on www.ebay.com or other auction sites.

+Quote Post
Baz
post Feb 18 2005, 04:09 PM
Post #8

Crumpet?

What's the difference between the "Collectors' Edition" box set, the old box set and the US box set?

Well the old 2 disc box set was an HMV exclusive and was released not long after the 2nd series came out on dvd. All it was was both series in a fancy box. HMV re-released the 2 disc set when the new 3 disc Collectors Edition was released on the 27th of September 2004.

So what is the 3 disc Collectors' Edition?

The 3 Disc Collectors' Edition contains Series One and Two with the original extra features as previously released, as well as an anthology of previously unseen material.

Disc 1 features Series One as well as trailers, commentary, cast and crew biographies and deleted scenes, as well new out-takes, a new homage-o-meter and additional new raw footage. Plus it has updated menu graphics.

Disc 2 contains Series Two, commentary, homage-o-meter, out-takes, deleted scenes, trailers, raw footage, biographies and photo galleries.

So what's on the 3rd disc then?

The third disc features an 80 minute documentary as well as a music video (Osymyso Remix) and updated biographies.

So what is the difference between the UK 3 disc box set and the US 3 disc box set?

There are only a few differences between the UK and the US box set. The most obvious is the art work.

UK & US art work.

Features wise, the only things that have changed from the UK version to the US version is there are new commentaries from Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes (nee Stevenson) and guests Quentin Tarantino, Kevin Smith, Bill Hader, Matt Stone, Patton Oswalt and Diablo Cody and also a new feature; Spaced On Stage reunion Q&A recorded at the National Film Theatre.

+Quote Post
Baz
post Feb 18 2005, 04:11 PM
Post #9

Crumpet?

Where is the 'Homage-o-meter' on the Series 2 DVD?

The Homage-o-meter exists as one of the subtitle tracks on the DVD. The subtitles pop up occasionally with the relevant references. You can either click your subtitle button to turn on the 'Homage-o-meter', or you can go to the subtitles options on the main menu screen.

Is there a 'Homage-o-meter' on the Series 1 DVD?

There isn't one on the single version of the dvd, but when the 3 disc Collectors' Edition came out, the 1st series was re-worked and it now includes a 'Homage-o-meter'. You can find if the same way you find it on the series 2 DVD.

Where is the easter egg on the second series dvd?

The Easter egg is hidden in the Biography section of the disc. If you go to the second page of Daisy's bio, you'll see a red circle in the bottom right hand corner. Click on this to activate the Easter egg.

Is there an Easter egg on the first series dvd?

Sadly there isn't one on the first series dvd.

+Quote Post
Baz
post Feb 18 2005, 04:21 PM
Post #10

Crumpet?

Is there a soundtrack avaliable for the second series of Spaced?

Sadly, there isn't one avaliable but if you're looking for a certain song used in Spaced, then check out our music guides.

Series 1 music guide

Series 2 music guide

But you can download tracks by the artist "The Sons of Silence" that were used in series 2 from their MySpace page, more on what is available to download is here.

Where can I get hold of a copy of the A-Team remix used in Spaced?

You can download the A-Team remixes and other remixes used in Spaced from our Multimedia section here.

+Quote Post
Baz
post Feb 18 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #11

Crumpet?

Who created Tim's artwork for the show?

The artists who created all of Tim's art work are Jason Bramshill (Brahill?) and Jim Murray.

You can find some of their art work in the Multimedia section of the main site.

What is the font used in Spaced and where can I get it from?

The font used in Spaced is Bank Gothic Medium. There is also a Bank Gothic Light too that does the same job.

You can download Bank Gothic Medium here and Bank Gothic Light here

Please note that Spaced-Out is not responsible for any external sites.

+Quote Post
Baz
post Mar 1 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #12

Crumpet?

What is the Spaced book, and when will it be released?

Well we don't have a release date for the book just yet, but I'll let Simon tell you whats going to be in it.

QUOTE (Simon Pegg)
We’re going to do a script book. Fill it with interviews and unseen pictures and even – there was an episode in series 2 that we dropped because we didn’t like it.

It had to be rewritten because it wasn’t good enough and Edgar, the director, looked at the script and said, “You can do better than this.” So Jessica and I wrote episode 5, which turned out to be the best episode of both series, I think.

+Quote Post
Baz
post Jul 16 2005, 01:15 PM
Post #13

Crumpet?

So are there any cast Interviews?

Over the years we have done a few Q&A sessions with Simon and Edgar but due to a server crash, we no longer have some of these. But fear not, as we have currently been conducting a new batch of Q&As, which you can find at the links bellow.

Also keep an eye out for future Q&A sessions.

Peter Serafinowicz Q&A

Michael Smiley Q&A

Mark Heap Q&A

Edgar Wright Q&A

+Quote Post
Baz
post Feb 6 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #14

Crumpet?

My Spaced boxset disc 2 has different artwork to the other two discs

There has been an error with the artwork for the second disc in the Spaced boxset. Some of the boxsets are fine but others are coming with seires 2 artwork from the single disc dvds.

Bellow is the correct artwork for the boxset.

Bellow is the incorrect artwork for the boxset.

If you have this error, then you can try and take it back to the store you brought it from and try to exchange it, but their is no guarantee that you will get the correct artwork.

If you wish to discuss this, then there is a thread just here.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:37 AM