Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Comic Relief?
Cornetto
post Mar 12 2005, 12:30 AM
Post #31

"Now in Bird Flu Flavour"

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,408

I am sure yes Pegg is a master of comedy and Alan Partrage if he were a real person I would pity him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pots
post Mar 12 2005, 01:10 AM
Post #32

escapee

Member No.: 2,818

ok i think the other thread is about the serious comic relief issues and this one is about the show itself ( or it is now ).

so i want to say its good to see chris evans back on tv. sure, a lot of people hate him but you can't doubt he's a top quality presenter. i like the guy.

+Quote Post
Starscream`s Gho...
post Mar 12 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #33

Alley Viper

Member No.: 3,024

I`ve always liked Chris Evans, sure, he may be arrogant, and a bit of a twat, but he blows "presenters" like Moyles and Norton away, I`d love to see more of him on TV, maybe even resurrect TFI?

+Quote Post
WiseJoeyD
post Mar 12 2005, 01:20 AM
Post #34

Rally ye! They are but girls with teddies

Member No.: 3,346

Well, after getting home from work (would people please fold any clothes they see in a shop..even if they're enormous 36DD bras just...set it up as a tent or something! Anything to get poeple out faster.

Anyway, here's a few pics before I jet off to soak in warm envy followed by mild irrational hate

The two pics of Simon were overkill..but very gorgeous overkill at that!

Edit: Milky Bar Kid Interviewed

...for those fans who don't have the luxury of BBC telethon coverage

This post has been edited by WiseJoeyD: Mar 12 2005, 01:35 AM

+Quote Post
JonnnnnieB
post Mar 12 2005, 03:40 AM
Post #35

One Pinter

Member No.: 3,120

I just caught the popsters spoof, with Simon singing La Vida Loca!

Just when I didn't think he could be more amazing!!

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Mar 12 2005, 04:02 AM
Post #36

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

Hey Joey, do you mind if I snag your Nick screens for my site?

I don't feel like fishing through UKNova for it. smile.gif

Ok I lied, fishing now...

This post has been edited by frostitute: Mar 12 2005, 04:20 AM

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Mar 12 2005, 04:34 AM
Post #37

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

QUOTE (JonnnnnieB @ Mar 12 2005, 03:40 AM)
I just caught the popsters spoof, with Simon singing La Vida Loca!

Just when I didn't think he could be more amazing!!

D'you know, that's one of the things I came across during my Simon purge! I had it on video from when it was on and totally forgot I had it. I like it when he's pretending not to be able to dance when they're learning the dance routine when we all know he's a great little mover and love it when he says he knobbed that 80 year old the night before! laugh.gif AND more crying! Great to see Peter Sarafinowich as the Darius pisstake 'Cassius' aswell. Wonder if that's how he met Sarah?

SpiderPlantMan wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but I'd totally agree that Simon - along with Nick (unbiased!) - rocked! 'I'm Frank Matters from Cbeebies!' laugh.gif

I saw on one of the captions that Alan Partridge would be interviewing the milky bar kid and immediately went 'Ah ha! That's Simon! He'll be on live!' and got the video ready. I thought it was very funny, but the studio audience was a bit lethargic so it wasn't as appreciated as much as it probably was at home. Though, the audiences for these things tend to get weary after a few hours.

Wife Of Rolex

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Mar 12 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #38

OMNOMNOM

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 3,076

i missed the simon pegg bits sad.gif was most upset. i was busy talking on the phone to my boyfriend, and we were....busy....*looks innocent*

+Quote Post
Private_Iron
post Mar 12 2005, 11:45 AM
Post #39

Guests

I was gutted to have missed the Alan Partridge interview, but after a long week at work I unfortunately dropped off before it came on. And all these years I've been desperately waiting for an Alan Partridge revival . . . The Keith Barrett Show is a poor substitute for Knowing Me Knowing You, even if it does have real guests.

I noticed the interview was going to be with the Milky Bar Kid but didn't know it was Simon, which would have been an added bonus had I managed to stay awake and watch it. If anyone knows if there's any video footage of this interview knocking about on the web, please let me know!

+Quote Post
maian
post Mar 12 2005, 12:45 PM
Post #40

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

It was great to see what was essentially a newKnowing Me Knowing You, particularly liked the end when they were covertly talking about a caravaning holiday and i especially loved the way Simon screamed 'Don't touch me!'. He does damaged characters well

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Mar 12 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #41

Member No.: 3,514

QUOTE (maian @ Mar 12 2005, 12:45 PM)
It was great to see what was essentially a newKnowing Me Knowing You, particularly liked the end when they were covertly talking about a caravaning holiday and i especially loved the way Simon screamed 'Don't touch me!'. He does damaged characters well

I'm watching it at the moment, very funny biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
WiseJoeyD
post Mar 12 2005, 01:28 PM
Post #42

Rally ye! They are but girls with teddies

Member No.: 3,346

frostitute

I'd like to think of my contributions to this board a bit like sperm donations.....come on in!

+Quote Post
UNS
post Mar 12 2005, 02:38 PM
Post #43

Two Pinter

Member No.: 2,313

I really find comic relief hard to watch, I mean some things are very funny, other bits awful, but they really need to wind down to the serious bits better.
especially since I've been watching Jam and Brass eye a lot on DVD this week, It takes me a moment to realise these bits are serious.

I dont know why I stayed up to watch it but that Johnny and Kiera thing showed the Big Train sketch with the hot cakes/too many cooks.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Mar 12 2005, 04:19 PM
Post #44

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

Comic Relief has changed over the last 20 years. It's become less laugh out loud, but that's how comedy has moved on over the last few years. Comedy is more about quietly observing the moment. Listening to what's said and how people relate to each other. Think Spaced (obviously), The Office, The Smoking Room and most recently (and relevantly) Look Around You. You don't watch them, you observe them and it amuses you on a sutble and/or subversive level. An 8 hour long telethon can't do that kind of comedy and most of the comedy it does do is a bit old hat and not of the moment, so it's more of a drain to watch. Little Britain was perhaps the exception. Oh and Simon's Milky Bar Kid.

The serious films, essentially what the whole bloody thing is about, have become the mainstay of the night more than the comedy, when before there was more of a balance. The quick shift between the comedy and the films about where the money goes and back again has become such that it's almost impossible to enjoy any of the comedy cos you're still breaking you're heart over the film. I had tears more than once. However, the more recent Red Nose Days have raised more money than ever before so it's hard to argue against it.

Wife Of Rolex

+Quote Post
kiss my empty ba...
post Mar 12 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #45

Four Pinter

Member No.: 2,712

the most annoying thing happened i bought a blank tape for this (im sad!) and geuss wot bloody happens i set my timer so if i fall asleep i can watch it in the moring anyway in the morning the best bits come on and what happens tape finishes i went through alot of emotions first huh.gif then wacko.gif sad.gif mad.gif and then i cried lol but luckily my sister has a copy phew happy.gif anyway my thoughts on the comic relief evening was goodithourogly enjoyed the milky bar kid interview but should of been more simon and nick in the spider plant man film

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:31 PM