IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Are you new?

Please feel free to say hello here in the New Members thread.

25 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bits you could watch again, and again, and again, those moments in spaced that you just lo
ally
post Apr 20 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #76

"It's not a bedsit. It's a flat"

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,232

i had that stuck in my head when i went to the meeting a couple of weeks ago and waitingforsimon then got pudding 5 secs after i sat down! laugh.gif oh how we laughed!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Funtuppet
post Apr 22 2005, 05:36 AM
Post #77

One Pinter

Member No.: 2,902

Okay, I just had to add my two cents on this one:

In series 2 when Tim gets fired and throws a tantrum in the kitchen, the part where he puts up his fist and guzzles the drink from the bottle just kills me! The first time I saw it, with the image coupled with the sound effect of guzzling, I just keeled over and had to watch it over and over again!

Also, In teh very last episode when Tim goes to pick up Daisy at the train station, riding Private Iron. Just the way he looks sitting there with his legs forward and the axe between his legs, and the whole "alright?" "Alright." between him and Daisy. Its funny, yet kinda touching at the same time. I find myself watching that over and over.

Also the "So you had sex before you kissed?" ...."Yes."

+Quote Post
UncleBone
post Apr 23 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #78

Guests

"I'm Andy McNab. I'm Andy McNab. I'm Andy McNab. I'm Andy McNab. I'm Andie McDowell."

"I can't believe some of the sh*t I used to do with you."

And, having watched again tonight (with commentary), "Pudding" is masterful.

In fact pretty much everything Vulva says is hysterical. Not just the words, but the inflection. It takes skill to make "pudding" sound funny:)

+Quote Post
silentdude
post Apr 23 2005, 07:11 PM
Post #79

Guests

one place that makes me laugh everytime that hasn't been mentioned yet is where tim and mike are trying to get tims portfollio from darkstar and tim says "Are you ready Mike"
"I was born ready Timmy!"
"But are you ready now?"
"Um..... yeh"

+Quote Post
silentreading
post Apr 23 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #80

Guests

in 'gone', where brian throws the fake knife at tim, and he makes a great realistic sound effect..great man..cant think of anything else...ahh! ill be back,..

+Quote Post
mulan
post Apr 24 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #81

Guests

"hot dog, jumping frog, albuquerque"

the morning after they get the cheap speed off the scottish guys -
daisy - "where's mike now?"
tim - "dunno"
cut to mike running round a tree going "VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!"

and the bit where daisy's pulling the paper boy, absolute class! she looks so wasted!
tim - "daisy he's got a brace!"
daisy - "ooh.. i thought it was a piercing"
tim - "eugh!"

"go on, i'll 'ave a 'alf, 'ave a 'alf"
"...they're mints"

my first post, a-wahey!

+Quote Post
UncleBone
post Apr 25 2005, 09:17 AM
Post #82

Guests

Mike is just awesome. I love the way Tim and Mike hold hands and nobody ever notices.

+Quote Post
A-Friend
post Apr 26 2005, 07:57 AM
Post #83

we’re not making a James Bond movie

Member No.: 3,528

QUOTE (silentdude @ Apr 23 2005, 08:11 PM)
one place that makes me laugh everytime that hasn't been mentioned yet is where tim and mike are trying to get tims portfollio from darkstar and tim says "Are you ready Mike"
"I was born ready Timmy!"
"But are you ready now?"
"Um..... yeh"

i did mention it earlier actually ...

Mike eating the coffee in the Darkstar offices ... in fact I think Mike is brilliant throughout that whole scene; "I was born ready timmy" plus the way he pops his head round the corner, scans the area and then ducks behind the doorway again.

but seeing as you quoted the whole bit of dialogue, i'll let you off. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gemma4441
post Apr 26 2005, 04:40 PM
Post #84

Guests

coming back to the first episode, no-ones mentioned tims embarrassed face that he makes to the rest of the cafe when Daisy starts crying - i have watched that so many times and have yet to not find it so so funny...

...and i really love mike's wave from behind the door when Twist is introduced to the 'party'.

...oh and, of course Tim's leap up from the couch when daisy makes barking noises at him, and then he just goes back to normal, ha ha its just fried gold...

+Quote Post
drmanhattan
post Apr 26 2005, 06:36 PM
Post #85

Guests

Those are good...

My new favorite is during paintball when Duane says "when you get that feeling it's like..."

Then Mike who's concentrating on doing kug-fu moves just says "sexual healing" without even looking up or paying attention to what the conversation has been about. Best show ever.

+Quote Post
Gemma4441
post Apr 27 2005, 09:56 AM
Post #86

Guests

QUOTE (drmanhattan @ Apr 26 2005, 07:36 PM)
Those are good...

My new favorite is during paintball when Duane says "when you get that feeling it's like..."

Then Mike who's concentrating on doing kug-fu moves just says "sexual healing" without even looking up or paying attention to what the conversation has been about.  Best show ever.

mike just has a knack of randomly coming in with these comments that are just classically timed - i love the fact that he wasn't even an actor before spaced, altho i do feel like we missed out on quite a few years of comedy gold whilst he was being a waiter instead of acting!

This post has been edited by Gemma4441: Apr 27 2005, 09:58 AM

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Apr 27 2005, 07:44 PM
Post #87

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

Another bit I could watch again and again is when Tim, Daisy and Brian have just watched Stars Wars and you can hear Simon, Nick and Edgar's version of the Ewok song. Then just after as Tim's eyes are full of tears, he turns the volume down and tips his head back going 'Gaaahhhhh!!'

biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Wife Of Rolex

+Quote Post
UncleBone
post Apr 28 2005, 05:52 AM
Post #88

Guests

Any scene with Tyres.

Just got done watching my DVD of series 2. Fried gold indeed.

+Quote Post
Svein
post Apr 28 2005, 07:46 AM
Post #89

I'm sorry; I meant, "Drop dead, *comrade*."

Member No.: 3,252

I can watch them all over and over again, but definitely the gun fight and where the music changes to the Platoon theme...

I also love...

"I'm Andy McNabb, I'm Andy McNabb, I'm Andie MacDowell. Hmmm"

and also

"I know you... Your a massive wanker."

And finally...

"Back to you, Tim."
"Thanks Marsha."

It's such a small throwaway moment, but pure fried gold none the less!

+Quote Post
A-Friend
post Apr 28 2005, 07:54 AM
Post #90

we’re not making a James Bond movie

Member No.: 3,528

QUOTE (Svein @ Apr 28 2005, 08:46 AM)
And finally...

"Back to you, Tim."
"Thanks Marsha."

It's such a small throwaway moment, but pure fried gold none the less!

YES! I love that little bit with marsha, especially "he was not wrong", not that funny (quite sad actually) but brilliant nonetheless!

Edit: (is "nonetheless" supposed to be one word? I'm sure Stella MM will tell me if I'm wrong tongue.gif )

This post has been edited by A-Friend: Apr 28 2005, 07:55 AM

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:01 PM