IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buffy (Slayer of the Vampyres), Love it, hate it, indifferent to it?
Ingram
post Mar 6 2005, 06:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,514

I doubt you will find a bigger "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fan on here than me, but I would be interested to know who likes it. Equally it is always interesting to know who despises it with a fiery passion - not only to steer clear but to find out why. I find that girls seem to like it more than guys, even though it does have the lovely Sarah Michelle Gellar (and many more besides) in.

Spaced fans, your thoughts.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amazongirl
post Mar 6 2005, 06:44 PM
Post #2

Jaffacake Scoffing Geekgirl

Member No.: 2,333

Im very very suprised im not a massive fan, the whole plot n stuff sonds like my sorta thing, never got hugely intoit though. still like it alot though.
Only the last 2 weeks ive been playing my 'once more with feeling' dvd over and over to remember or say the lyrics correctly next time i see an old buffy mad mate of mind and impress (havent seen her in a year mind.)

This line I can say properly now

Xander
* It could be witches! Some evil witches!
Which is ridiculus cause witches they were persicuted
Wicca good and love the earth
and women power and ill be over here*

(said quickly)

+Quote Post
Ell
post Mar 6 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #3

Three Pinter

Member No.: 3,395

I used to like it near the beginning when it was actually about slaying vampires but then it just started to get silly and when angel came out i decided it was the right time stop watching. I just find that it's like any other American soap opera now and the story takes crazy turns. Saying this though thats down to personal taste i can understand why a lot of people would still like to watch it, thinking about it though i wouldn't mind watching a few eps again.

+Quote Post
Stella MM
post Mar 6 2005, 07:25 PM
Post #4

Cursing. Ladies. Dancing. And pleasure.

Member No.: 2,284

It went a little something like this:

Season 1: Big like
Seasons 2 - 5: Intense fangirl worship with a large pinch of SpikeLust thrown in for good measure
Season 6: Big Dislike (apart from the paradigm-shifting episodes like OMWF and Tabula Rasa, of course)
Season 7: Total indifference, punctuated by deep loathing of the fucking 'cockney' slayerette

I sold off all my video boxsets last year for some quick cash but now I'm quite tempted to get some of the DVD sets just so I can watch James Marsters in all his fangirl-moistening glory again.

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Mar 6 2005, 07:32 PM
Post #5

I have found there to be a general consensus from some of the early fans to switch off as soon as she left highschool - season four when Angel started. I loved the early shows so much so that it really made me stick to it when the later episodes were less than my expectations. I still have so much love for the show. I did despise that cockney slayer though... most of the potentials actually.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Mar 6 2005, 07:50 PM
Post #6

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

I'd pretty much go with Stella's assesment (except for the Spike worshiping wink.gif ) - but I'd Angel was better cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ell
post Mar 6 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #7

Three Pinter

QUOTE (Ingram @ Mar 6 2005, 07:32 PM)
I did despise that cockney slayer though... most of the potentials actually.

What is that all about, i failed to watch this far?

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Mar 6 2005, 08:01 PM
Post #8

Yes Angel was more attractive.

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Mar 6 2005, 08:03 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Ell @ Mar 6 2005, 08:00 PM)
What is that all about, i failed to watch this far?

Basically the First Evil attempted to wipe out the entire slayer line. There are numerous girls who in theory can be the slayer but do not until the actual one dies. Killing off all those that can be leave none to defend when the slayer dies...

+Quote Post
tameblue
post Mar 6 2005, 08:07 PM
Post #10

huh?

Member No.: 2,933

I hate it for all the wrong reasons....I didn't start watching it from the beginning, tried watching it but didn't get the continuity, and eventually couldn't be arsed.

Now I hate it...and the fact that everyone else loves it makes me hate it even more....and then Joss wheldonfacewhateverhisname took over an X-men title....grrr.

so now I say Buffy...wank.

+Quote Post
Celticstar
post Mar 6 2005, 08:09 PM
Post #11

I'm not a mind reader

Member No.: 3,362

I loved it wub.gif i liked it because of the teen angst love thing and the vamp stuff. i loved the evolution of willow from sidekick to uber witch. some of the episodes were really heart string pulling like when she satbbed angel just as he was resouled and the one where her mom dies. i love shows like this and there what i call my soaps. i hate eastenders and crap like that. i live in reality so i like a bit of fantasy with my tele. biggrin.gif i'm also gutted angel was cancelled sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ell
post Mar 6 2005, 08:09 PM
Post #12

Three Pinter

QUOTE (Ingram @ Mar 6 2005, 08:03 PM)
Basically the First Evil attempted to wipe out the entire slayer line.  There are numerous girls who in theory can be the slayer but do not until the actual one dies.  Killing off all those that can be leave none to defend when the slayer dies...

But what about that other slayer girl there was at the same time as buffy, was it faith or something?

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Mar 6 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #13

Buffy died in series one and so she doesnt count as a slayer but still has the strength and the role because she was there first. Faith was with her in the end though.

This post has been edited by Ingram: Mar 6 2005, 08:12 PM

+Quote Post
Ell
post Mar 6 2005, 08:14 PM
Post #14

Three Pinter

QUOTE (Ingram @ Mar 6 2005, 08:11 PM)
Buffy died in series one and so she doesnt count as a slayer but still has the strength and the role because she was there first.  Faith was with her in the end though.

What!?!? See this is exactly what i'm talking about, eventually at some point it just get's out of hand and this is the way Buffy has gone. I will big up the early episodes because they are cool and fresh.

+Quote Post
Celticstar
post Mar 6 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #15

I'm not a mind reader

Member No.: 3,362

Faith is a babe, i so wish i was her cool.gif

+Quote Post

35 Pages V   1 2 3 > »