Guests cannot vote 
tameblue
post Mar 11 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #31

huh?

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,933

Can't wait!!!!!

Lenny Henry in his once a year red suit....maybe he'll wave his arms and do Theopolous T Wildebeast too.....

And if we're really lucky his pointless, overweight, wife will come on and give us one of her hilarious...look at me, a big person pretending to be a small person...routines.

Think maybe I'll go grate my scrotum instead.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Mar 11 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 3,514

Fame Academy... mad.gif

+Quote Post
toasted rayman spawn
post Mar 11 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #33

Guests

QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 11 2005, 06:41 PM)
Wrong, and a very common misconception, and part of the reason I don`t particularly like Comic Relief.

Yes, a lot of the money goes to Africa, but that`s not all, it`s supposed to go to UK-based charities too, which it does, and does a lot of good work too. But everytime they advertise on the telly on the run-up to CR, they always show starving African kids, or African kids with AIDS. That to me is playing with people`s emotions, and I don`t like it. It says a lot about the attitude of the West these days when we get more worked up about problems thousands of miles away, and couldn`t care less about homelessness or poverty just outside in the street.

It also highlights a deeper problem I have, that of the West being made to feel "guilty" or "responsible". Too many times these days do we hear that we have to give money because we should feel "responsible" because we have so much, and other countries have so little. Why? Because I`ve been born in the "4th richest country" (which I don`t believe for a second, poverty is rife in the UK) I should give my money to other countries? I think not, especially when there`s so much in this country that needs sorting.

Besides, it smacks too much of being the "World`s Policeman" again, and I don`t like that feeling that everytime there`s trouble in the world, Britain will come running. Surely the US and Europe should stick their necks out once in a while too, but you never seem to hear much about it.

Anyway, rant over. My point is this:

Give to charity if you wish to. If not, never let anyone guilt trip you into it.

Of course you don't hear much about fundraising in other countries, you live in the uk. Last time i checked i don't think the uk were 1st place in the table of those that give aid to other countries. You are right for the wrong reasons. A lot of problems in the third world were *created* by british imperialism, so thats we (namely the british government and whoever else is responsible)should put our hands in our pockets... however the responsibilty shouldn't lie with those of us who have hardly any money to begin with. I work for the minimum wage, but i'll give what i can to any charity, at home or abroad, whenever i have the opportunity- because i know the situation won't change anytime soon so if i can help at least one person today, i'm pretty happy with that... no matter what side of the globe that person is on.

+Quote Post
toasted rayman spawn
post Mar 11 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #34

Guests

QUOTE (Ingram @ Mar 11 2005, 08:51 PM)
Fame Academy...  mad.gif

Sad as it may seem.. i've gotten really addicted to fame academy,But only for the Edith Bowman and Adrian whathisface performances, which i genuinely would like to see more of post comic relief. *hides*

+Quote Post
Cornetto
post Mar 11 2005, 08:33 PM
Post #35

"Now in Bird Flu Flavour"

Member No.: 3,408

SIMON PEGG PLAYED A REPORTED IN SPIDER PLANT MAN AND NICK FROST MADE A QUCIK APPEARANCE AS A SCIENTIST WITH MAGLED TEETH!

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Mar 11 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #36

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

Hooray! Good to see.

Is Comic Relief live? Or is it pre-recorded.

This post has been edited by frostitute: Mar 11 2005, 08:35 PM

+Quote Post
Agent Pickle
post Mar 11 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #37

In a word? Pleasure

Member No.: 3,118

QUOTE (Ingram @ Mar 11 2005, 07:40 PM)
It is my surname, but then again it's reasonably common.  I think everyone hates maths really, even if they claim to like it it's only because they are good at it...

NO! I adored it! I still read books on it and go to voluntary public lectures on Prime Numbers!

One the topic of Comic Relief - I hate to be a Scrooge, but I'd rather give 50 quid and not have it on telly meself, Still, I suppose if it's what you're into...

+Quote Post
Celticstar
post Mar 11 2005, 08:52 PM
Post #38

I'm not a mind reader

Member No.: 3,362

ok then how many of you have cried? i've been in flood of tears! sad.gif makes you feel ever so grateful for what you have smile.gif

+Quote Post
spacegurl
post Mar 11 2005, 08:52 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 2,345

Hooray! Good to see.

Is Comic Relief live? Or is it pre-recorded.

Its mainly live but they show pre-recorded shows/ sketches/ clips etc.

Comic relief has really gone downhill since back in the day-it used to be something to look forward to, really funny and everyone made an effort. Now its kinda shite.

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Mar 11 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 3,514

Jack Dee has been particularly disappointing.

+Quote Post
Noodles
post Mar 11 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #41

piano dentist

Member No.: 2,260

For some years now, yes.

+Quote Post
CrudelyDrawn
post Mar 11 2005, 09:38 PM
Post #42

One Pinter

Member No.: 2,831

I know Simon and Nick made an appearance in the Spider Plant thing, but what was Mackenzie Crook? I'm an American, so I have no idea. I'm trying to find some way of downloading it...

+Quote Post
Cornetto
post Mar 11 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #43

"Now in Bird Flu Flavour"

Member No.: 3,408

QUOTE (Ingram @ Mar 11 2005, 09:17 PM)
Jack Dee has been particularly disappointing.

He is good at stand up but really you can't expect much.

+Quote Post
Footbacon
post Mar 11 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #44

Feets

Member No.: 2,445

QUOTE (CrudelyDrawn @ Mar 11 2005, 09:38 PM)
I know Simon and Nick made an appearance in the Spider Plant thing, but what was Mackenzie Crook? I'm an American, so I have no idea. I'm trying to find some way of downloading it...

He was the scientist guy in it, went on about security on the spider plant being as good as that of Buckingham palace....leading to Simon wub.gif

+Quote Post
whixie
post Mar 11 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #45

Discombobulated

Member No.: 2,820

I can't watch Comic Relief. I had a bad experience with it 2 years ago. It was the worst thing that could have been on the TV right then.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:15 AM