Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Inside the Actor's Studio...
Twiglet
post Apr 11 2005, 11:57 AM
Post #1

Ryan Dunn^^^^Sexy MotherF***er

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,421

I sometimes watch this show on Sky channel 202 (i think its performance or something) and i just thought it would be so great if in five years - after Simon has cracked America and the world has come to know and love him the way we do - it would be great to see him being interviewed on it by the dude, James Lipton.

Has anyone else ever seen this show? A couple of my favs so far were the one with Robin Williams (what a hoot!) the cast of Will and Grace, The cast of the Simpsons and Andy Garcia.
Its really interesting. It gets into the real technical side of "their craft" and it can get quite personal too. Very insightful smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Apr 11 2005, 12:37 PM
Post #2

OMNOMNOM

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 3,076

I have seen quite a lot of these during my various jaunts over to the States. It is such a fantastic programme and makes me wish I'd auditioned for The New School in New York (the drama school where it is filmed and where James Lipton is a teacher). The students get to be in the audience and ask questions, lucky beggars!

+Quote Post
Starscream`s Gho...
post Apr 11 2005, 01:46 PM
Post #3

Alley Viper

Member No.: 3,024

It`s a terrible programme. Sorry, but it`s so sychophantic it`s like watching Parkinson on prozac.

I caught 5 minutes of the Will Smith one last night while flicking channels. Lipton called Will Smith "a brilliant actor". Ok, I like the Fresh Prince and all, but brillant actor he ain`t.

+Quote Post
Twiglet
post Apr 11 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #4

Ryan Dunn^^^^Sexy MotherF***er

Member No.: 3,421

Starscream`s Ghost  Posted Today, 01:46 PM
  It`s a terrible programme. Sorry, but it`s so sychophantic it`s like watching Parkinson on prozac.

Lol i agree it is very sychophantic, but i do like some of the questioning. My fav part of the whole show tho, is when Lipton asks the guest a list of questions inspired by some guy, or some drama technique - i cant remember the name of it tho.

This post has been edited by Twiglet: Apr 11 2005, 02:05 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:38 PM