Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Family Guy, Coming to the BBC Later This Year
maian
post Dec 12 2005, 11:47 PM
Post #166

Bully for you

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,498

Got the big boxset today and I'm very glad I did. The commentaries are fantastic, especially since they confirmed my theory about how all the episodes in series one have 'Death' in the title in some way. Introduced my sister to 'peanut butter jelly time' and 'You have AIDS' over the weekend and now we sing them to each other every chance that we get. Fantastic stuff.

It is my dream that the B-52's will re-unite when Rock Lobster becomes even more widely known and that they will ask Seth to perform with them. Unlikely that either of those things will happen but I can dream.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Dec 13 2005, 09:45 AM
Post #167

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

Family Guy instills weird dreams in all of us...

Glad you're enjoying the commentaries, they get to be incessantly quoteable after a while... smile.gif

+Quote Post
maian
post Dec 13 2005, 12:39 PM
Post #168

Bully for you

My favourite so far is the one for 'When You Wish Upon A Weinstein' and they are talking about censorship. They all sound so righteously angry and they pretty much summed up my opinions on political correctness being taken too far rather well.

It was rather strange watching the featurettes though on account of seeing Seth doing the voices for Peter, Stewie and Brian, and teh way he seemlessly switches between them. Voice actors never cease to amaze me.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Dec 13 2005, 01:08 PM
Post #169

Smut by the Sea

I think the one for Death has a shadow is one of my favourites... and Death Lives - just for the randomness. And Mr Saturday Knight "Teenage boys across America just reached puberty hearing you say that" smile.gif If only all commentaires were that good...

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Dec 16 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #170

Smut by the Sea

Bugger. Buggery Shitting Fuck. The FG Boxset of the first three seasons & bonus material has been discontinued, which pisses me off because I wanted it for Christmas and now it's only available via independent vendors/or as used. Please tell me this is a good sign and means there will be a super duper four season boxset sometime next year that i can start saving for?

+Quote Post
DazDaMan
post Dec 16 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #171

It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

Member No.: 3,744

QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Dec 16 2005, 08:34 PM)
Bugger. Buggery Shitting Fuck. The FG Boxset of the first three seasons & bonus material has been discontinued, which pisses me off because I wanted it for Christmas and now it's only available via independent vendors/or as used. Please tell me this is a good sign and means there will be a super duper four season boxset sometime next year that i can start saving for?

Ah fuck! I wanted that, too! mad.gif

+Quote Post
maian
post Dec 16 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #172

Bully for you

QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Dec 16 2005, 07:34 PM)

You shouldn't give up hope of finding a new one, I found mine after searching through a few shops (admittedly I didn't know that they had been discontinued) so you may still have a chance. Still, it's a shame taht they discontinued it, though I may be a bit annoyed if they do release a bumper 4-Season one down the line.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Dec 22 2005, 10:02 PM
Post #173

Smut by the Sea

QUOTE (maian @ Dec 16 2005, 10:52 PM)
You shouldn't give up hope of finding a new one, I found mine after searching through a few shops (admittedly I didn't know that they had been discontinued) so you may still have a chance. Still, it's a shame taht they discontinued it, though I may be a bit annoyed if they do release a bumper 4-Season one down the line.

You'd be paying anything upwards of 65 for it nowadays.

Enjoying daily FG/AD, Emission Impossible is one of my favourite episodes, although American Dad is still rather hit and miss. Stan as the bearded Christian was funny though - Steve making out with a grandmother, less so.

+Quote Post
maian
post Dec 22 2005, 11:15 PM
Post #174

Bully for you

QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Dec 22 2005, 10:02 PM)
You'd be paying anything upwards of 65 for it nowadays.

Enjoying daily FG/AD, Emission Impossible is one of my favourite episodes, although American Dad is still rather hit and miss. Stan as the bearded Christian was funny though - Steve making out with a grandmother, less so.

It has improved markedly though. The episode regarding Stan's view of sex education was hilarious. I couldn't help but find Steve's little ''making Dad happy, doing his chores'' song really cute. Hayley still irritates me a lot but the rest of the show is getting really good. Glad to see they are zooming through season 3 of Family Guy, come on Season 4! I mean, I've seen most of it at my friends house but I want to see it on TV, it won't have been a victory for the fans until the first episode of Season 4 is showing from my TV.

+Quote Post
Ohio_is_for_love...
post Dec 22 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #175

Genius Of Love

Member No.: 2,871

Hmmm, i really wish i would get back my series 1 and 2 off my friends, darn them. mad.gif

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Dec 22 2005, 11:27 PM
Post #176

Smut by the Sea

QUOTE (maian @ Dec 22 2005, 11:15 PM)
It has improved markedly though. The episode regarding Stan's view of sex education was hilarious. I couldn't help but find Steve's little ''making Dad happy, doing his chores'' song really cute. Hayley still irritates me a lot but the rest of the show is getting really good. Glad to see they are zooming through season 3 of Family Guy, come on Season 4! I mean, I've seen most of it at my friends house but I want to see it on TV, it won't have been a victory for the fans until the first episode of Season 4 is showing from my TV.

I'm worried I'll be sick of s4 by the time it comes around, although it'll be nice to see them in decent picture quality that doesn't skip.

+Quote Post
maian
post Dec 23 2005, 11:21 AM
Post #177

Bully for you

That's why I have, so far, only seen episodes of season 4 at my mates house, late at night and after a few beers. I only remember a handful of the jokes and so don't get bored if I see the same episodes again. In fact I don't think I've seen any episode of Season 4 twice yet, I've been remarkably restrained about the whole thing.

I don't think I'll get tired of Season 4 too quickly once it is on, or at least I hope I won't. I've had the first three for years now and moat of the jokes have yet to wear thin, some have even got better as I have been trying to find out what they are referencing and now actually understand some of the jokes, even if it is 6 years later.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Dec 25 2005, 09:52 PM
Post #178

Smut by the Sea

I think my copy of Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story has a blip on it, but I'm not sure.

There's a scene about halfway through the 'second' episode where brain and stewie are talking, then there's no audio and it cuts to the view out of the motel from the outside, then it cuts back to Brian and Sewie. I was watching it with the commentary but I can't work out if it's continuous or not. Anyone care to help me out?

+Quote Post
ipse dixit
post Jan 26 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #179

Fallon

Member No.: 2,946

QUOTE (ugo.com)
FOX'S FAMILY GUY GETS COMIC BOOK

Devil's Due, the company best known for relaunching the G.I. Joe line, now has yet another feather in its licensing cap. In conjunction with Fox Television, the publisher has announced their intention to publish a Family Guy comic book, based on the adventures of the wildly popular animated family.

The bimonthly series, consisting of three volumes, will launch in April 2006. Each will be written by Family Guy series writer Matt Fleckenstein with art duties by Benjamin Phillips.

The company states the comics will "meld the cult comedy of the show with DDP's unique graphic storytelling," noting that the books will be written as if by the characters with the feel of a humor novelty book. The beginning and end of the volumes will feature advice from the characters, with traditional comic book stories interspersed throughout.

The first release, entitled Family Guy: 100 Ways to Kill Lois by Stewie Griffin Vol. 1 [of 3] will feature 48 pages at a price of $6.95.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Apr 16 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #180

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,309

One of the best things I have ever seen.

God bless 'South Park'

LINK REMOVED DUE TO CHANGE IN CONTENT

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:54 PM