IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> World of Warcraft, Woz it all about, Elfie?
Raven
post May 26 2005, 12:46 PM
Post #1

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

Sorry about the sub-title . . . tongue.gif

Right, I know next to nothing about this, but after reading about it on the PvP site and an article in this months SFX I thought it might be worth investigating another way in which I can express my inner-geek.

So, does anyone here play the game? And if so how does it work? (as in do you have to pay monthly subscriptions or anything?).

Any general information would be appreciated, it doesn't have to be in-depth!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
super_horse
post May 26 2005, 12:48 PM
Post #2

Tastes Like Rust

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,889

if its anything like everquest II (which i've heard it is) you will have to pay about 10 per month and u create a character and pick a profession then sort of rome around doing missions for elves and the like.

+Quote Post
Marty
post May 26 2005, 02:14 PM
Post #3

Guests

Ask Blighty, he's the knowledge.

+Quote Post
Ingram
post May 26 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,514

QUOTE (Raven @ May 26 2005, 01:46 PM)
Right, I know next to nothing about this, but after reading about it on the PvP site

That was hilarious biggrin.gif Umm I used to play a bit at a mates house but I'm a bit more of a first person shooter myself.

+Quote Post
Ell
post May 26 2005, 08:39 PM
Post #5

Three Pinter

Member No.: 3,395

I would have to confess to being a pretty big World of Warcraft geek, i clocked about 170 hours in the first 2 weeks. Yes you do have to pay 8.99 a month, but for that you get new quests, levels, weapons, bug updates and 24 tech support. It's really fun and a very community driven game, you can choose from three server types (i'm usually found on PvP and Roleplaying), 8 races and 9 different classes. Give me a pm or ask in the thread if you have any other questions dude or maybe checkout WoW.com. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ell: May 26 2005, 08:52 PM

+Quote Post
Simsydav
post May 26 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #6

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 3,268

I really want it.

I have some freinds that play it, and it sounds so great!
But, my computer is really bad, the newest game I can play is Commando's. I mean the original Commando's. So I dont think Ill be getting it anytime soon.

Any tips on how to update/what things to buy for my computer?

+Quote Post
Ell
post May 26 2005, 10:07 PM
Post #7

Three Pinter

My current specs are these:

Graphics: Hercules Radeon 9800 pro
RAM: 2x Crucial 256mb, Crucial 512mb DDR RAM PC2700
Heat Sink: Vantec Aeroflow Socket A
PSU: Antec 450watt
CPU: AMD Athlon XP2500 Barton

I run it at about 40fps normally and about 19fps in big crowds. I'm hopefully gonna get an update soon but you also have to remember that with an online game like this it also a lot to do with how the server they are running copes.

If you post up your system specs i can give you a hand picking out some good but hopefully cheap hardware.

This post has been edited by Ell: May 26 2005, 10:11 PM

+Quote Post
Raven
post May 27 2005, 12:23 PM
Post #8

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (Ell @ May 26 2005, 09:39 PM)
I would have to confess to being a pretty big World of Warcraft geek, i clocked about 170 hours in the first 2 weeks. Yes you do have to pay 8.99 a month, but for that you get new quests, levels, weapons, bug updates and 24 tech support. It's really fun and a very community driven game, you can choose from three server types (i'm usually found on PvP and Roleplaying), 8 races and 9 different classes. Give me a pm or ask in the thread if you have any other questions dude or maybe checkout WoW.combiggrin.gif

Cheers for that!

I had seen the WoW site and explored a bit but haven't really got very far.

I'm tempted to give it a go but I'm concerned about the time it will eat - which I never seem to have enough of as it is!

+Quote Post
Ell
post May 27 2005, 12:44 PM
Post #9

Three Pinter

If your going to be playing on your own then you'll find it won't take too much of your time, it's having a lot of friends playing also which makes you want to play a lot. Also roleplay takes up a lot of time, i usually can be found in a tavern till 3 in the morning drinking ale and chatting with people.

+Quote Post
Raven
post May 27 2005, 06:10 PM
Post #10

Space Cowboy

Bought a copy on the way home this evening, will have a read through the getting started and have a crack at it tomorrow! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ell
post May 27 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #11

Three Pinter

If you happen to choose upon horde as your side i'm on the stormrever server under the names Elliott and Flameboy, give us a whisper if you need any help. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Raven
post May 27 2005, 08:14 PM
Post #12

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (Ell @ May 27 2005, 07:46 PM)
If you happen to choose upon horde as your side i'm on the stormrever server  under the names Elliott and Flameboy, give us a whisper if you need any help. biggrin.gif

Looking through the manual I was toying with the idea of going for the Alliance and playing as a Night Elf or Human Rogue (with Alcamey as my day job!).

Not sure yet . . .

+Quote Post
Ell
post May 27 2005, 08:43 PM
Post #13

Three Pinter

If your going for PvP combat i would strongly advise against rogue's. There very good in the short run for soloing on quests but when you hit level 60 and start going on raids / instances all the time you'll find they die very easily and aren't the best for PvP combat. Also the rogue is probably by far the most used class so if you wanted to make sure you're a bit more sort after for groups i'd suggest something like a priest, mage or druid.

+Quote Post
Raven
post May 30 2005, 05:51 PM
Post #14

Space Cowboy

Argh! Where has my weekend gone?! I knew this would happen!

Ell - I'm on the Argmare? (sp) server at present, wanted to get used to the game play etc before I started to hook up with people.

Seem to be doing okay as a Human Rogue - hit level ten this afternoon - but I seem to be seeing a lot of grave yards . . . wink.gif

Took the Deeprun Tram to Ironforge City and suitably blown away by the graphics of the city itself.

Just clearing a quarry of Bonesnappers at the moment . . . as you do . . . tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jul 19 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #15

Space Cowboy

So has anyone else taken up the gauntlet - so to speak?!

+Quote Post

27 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:53 AM